/aesthetics/ general

/aesthetics/ general.

Post all aesthetic related current body pics, progress threads, diet, routines, tips, etc.

Help fix/update the pastebin.
pastebin.com/4iceBWqw

Last thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=otbtudYzbGI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimples_of_Venus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Routine for the past year

Monday: Chest/Biceps

4 sets of Incline Dumbbell Press, 8-15 reps
3 sets of Bench Press, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Incline Flies, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Chest Dips until failure
3 sets of Barbell Curls, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Preacher Curls, 8-10 reps, then drop the weight to half, and push out another 8
Tuesday: Legs/Calves

4 sets of Squats 8-10 reps
3 sets of Leg Press 8-20 reps
3 sets of Leg Extensions till failure
3 sets of Leg Curls 8-15reps
Calves are self explanatory, just use some of the machines till failure, a lot of reps, feel the burn.

Wednesday: Back

3 sets of Lat Pulldowns 8-10 reps
4 sets of Deadlifts 8 reps
3 sets of long bar Rows 8-15reps
3 sets of barbell Rows 8-10 reps
3 sets of Hyperextensions 8-10 reps
Thursday: Shoulders/Triceps

4 sets of Shoulder Press, alternate with Barbell & Dumbell every week 8-15 reps
3 sets of Upright Rows supersetted with Lateral Raises 8-15 reps
3 sets of front raises 8-15reps
3 sets of Lying Rear Delt Raises 8-10 reps
3 sets of Close-Grip Bench Press 8-15 reps
4 sets of Pulldowns 8-15reps
3 sets of Skullcrushers 8-15 reps
Saturday: Full Body (strength)

3 sets of Deadlifts 8 reps
3 sets of Squats 8 reps
3 sets of Leg extensions 10-15 reps (light weight)
3 sets of Weighted Pull ups 8-10 reps

Marin your progress. How long did it take you?

Thanks bro. 1 year, 3 months from top left picture

Is this program legit ? Has anyone been doing it?Any result pics? I will probably start from Monday after doing a brosplit for a year and I have been wondering if it good.

I'm going for the insulin look

Nice progress. Looks good man.

Ive been looking for a new routine, ima try this out. Thanks fit bro

Am currently 12% bf and want to be below 10 by the end of next week before I start bulking (going home from uni and my parents pay for food at home so I might as well make the most of it, also getting ripped af for the sloots is a bonus). Should I do PSMF for the next fortnight or just continue cutting at a ~1000 calorie deficit with a weekly carb refeed?

youtube.com/watch?v=otbtudYzbGI
thoughts?

Why bis with chest and not with back?

The Zyzz routine eh? I wonder if the volume is too high on that one, he had another one with lower volume iirc someone posted it a couple days ago

How is that volume too high though? Asking seriously.. that can all be done in an hour even with decent rest periods. Is overtraining really that easy?

I meant for the week, Deadlift and Squat 2x a week

Thanks bro
That way I'm working it indirectly one day and directly on the other. If I need to I can always add in a bicep exercise or two when I hit back.
You need to adjust the volume if needed to what you can handle. For example you cannot do the same rep ranges when you're cutting. You will snap your shit up quick. You need to drop rep ranges to about half of what you were doing and focus on strength. Even some exercises might need to be cut out or weight lowered. Bro splits require a little more fine tuning to the person running them, in my opinion. I think a lot of people who talk bad about them don't know how to train with one because they try to follow some juice monkeys 70 set split and then wonder why they can't recover or make progress
It isn't too high if you focus purely on progressing compounds. After heavy compounds you can't lift heavy on accessory lifts anyway. I usually add 2 reps to each accessory every workout until I can hit 15 reps and then drop back to 8 and lift heavier weight. You will progress slow in strength but it works

I've got a question about Starting Aesthetics if anyone's done it or knows anything about it. Are there complimentary exercises, like Starting Strength's ab and arm work? Or is it just what's shown in the graphic?

You're not natty, then?

Start out with just the one in the graphic, if you feel like something is missing or lagging behind after a few weeks then throw it on as an accessory.

HgH+slin

i remember you from another thread a few days ago you look good

anything for the gains

should i not be squatting 3x a week?

fair enough

I mean if youre on shit then by all means, but youll need time to recover

Did you do any cardio,if so what kind?
Pretty doing what you're doling,ex fatty myself working on making gains and filling loose skin rn.

Natty
Squatting 3x a week seems like much unless that's your only exercise for legs I walked about 5 miles every day for around 3 months to drop weight. Now it's just 20 minutes 2-3x a week

i do 13 miles of rucking and calf raises
i guess i'll cut it down to twice a week 3 days apart

>Ah I do at least 15 to 20 mins everyday,also did you bulk right away or hit maintainance for a bit,i'm pretty much done with perma cutting.

13 Miles? Holy fuck
Cut out walking and dropped a few more pounds after I was around maintenance. I'd stick to maintenance for maybe a month so your body resets before you bulk. Probably bro science but that's just what I did

Seems right to me,let my body adjust and have to get used to eating again,thanks brah.Also is the whole metabolism getting fucked a meme can you eat a your tdee and be normal?I'll keep lifting and cardio obviously.

>>>/fraud/

After cutting, up your calories slightly and track your weight for like a week. If you have the same workout schedule/routine all the time it's easy to find your maintenance calories. Just eat at whatever that number is that makes your scale weight stay relatively the same. Fucked metabolism is a meme

Alright,thanks brah,cheers on making it.

alright, i am recovering fatty. Former obese, down to 16% bf, just trying to lose the last 20lb of fat permacut mode.
Stalled out on my greyskull progression
Is there any reason not to do pic related (with shrugs on A) while cutting hard AF?

thanks senpai, we're all gonna make it

Left is 4 years ago right is today. Been hitting it especially hard the last 6 months or so, along with finally getting my diet in order. Been seeing some great results

from average to nearly god tier holy shit

just fix your eyebags and you'll be a 9/10 brah

Anything wrong with going 6 days in a row? I do bench and incline day 1, squat and leg press day 2, db bench and ohp day 3, dead lift pull ups day 4, bench inclune day 5, squat lunges day 6, deadlift and curls day 7. I dont feel terribly sore throughout the week. Doing all at 90% 1rm.

If you can handle it and are progressing then keep at it. There is no perfect routine. Good luck breh

anyone else miss him?..

we're gonna make it brah

Is progression the best way to tell if your routine is working well? So many people on fit say PPL is only for roiders.. but I like PPL. What do?

you look like a sick cunt, mirin hair, jaw and cheekbones

Progression is generally indicative of progressive overload.

But you can progressively overload muscles with setsxreps or with added weight.
So you can still achieve progressive overload, even without ""progressing"" becauses you managed to get more total training volume (setsxrepsxload) than last training session.

If your lifts regress, your routine has too much volume.
If your lifts stall, your routine has not enough volume.

I find U/L/U splits work fantastically well

>Is progression the best way to tell if your routine is working well?

lmao yes

my mentor says measuring your numbers is the most solid way to measure progress, but he's a powerlifter
i usually measure my progress by staring into the mirror for hours on end

just stick to PPL, it works and you like it, why not?

i dont miss him, because he isnt gone

forever mirin brah

Tripfag, how long have you lifted?
What are your stats?
Can you post a pic?
You seem to give even worse advice than trappy (I am not really referring to this post specifically, you just sound like a summerfag)
Like i was cringing at some shit you were saying in a qtddtot, i forget offhand what it was exactly.

Do you even lift, bro?

these are my current gains on PPL. i've only ever run PPL. lifting since january 4th

What's your routine look like?

coolcicadas PPL with a shitload of deadlifts
and extra shoulder work (i think my shoulders are shit)

pic related

we're all gonna make it.

3 years (2 calisthenics and fuckarounditis, 1 hypertrophy)

5'8 149
S 315
B 210 (1rep calc came out 206)

I don't DL

trappy gives good advice
blacked out my tatts to avoid getting doxxed

Gracias that's basically what I've been doing

I just wanna be mired Veeky Forums

forgot

The Press 125

looking aesthetic bro, wide shoulders, adonis belt even at average bodyfat %

you're definitely gonna make it..

Thanks, user.

You will make it as well!

>bicep and forearm vascularity at that bodyfat percentage with terrible lighting

10/10 im jelly

"For untrained and trained individuals, there is very limited evidence but rest period duration seems to make little difference to hypertrophy."

Why are short rest periods still promoted by Aesthetic lifters?

Explain yourselves.

Bodyfat est? Also, thank you!

i'd say 14-16% brah, but i'm shit at BF%

Sorry if it's too many pictures. Main reason why I started working out was because of my job but now I guess it's more of a hobby.

>n-no bully pls
I'm 4'11 and weigh roughly around 95 to 100lb

Lookin' nice and lean now. Time to start bulking and getting dat ass. Check the last thread, I think someone suggested a pretty good routine for that.

Yea pretty weak.

You look less dyel than i expected, but pretty much standard for a novice lifter.
Unimpressive but not dyel... I guess you get a pass.

..???
Pls respawn

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

mirin brah, how long?

>tfw no womanlet gf

12 vs 18 years old

autism?

Well i was teying trying to make sure this guy wasnt like socko "6 months away from aesthetics" the tripfag.

I have no problem disagreeing with someone who looks like he lifts, and since he isnt dyel, i have the autism, yes.

Long answer, i know

you cut shirts like a faggot but i'm not surprised because you're probably surrounded by them in high school

Thanks breh. Been at it for 6 months

5'10 at about 150 lbs in this picture.

Been like 3 months in. No supplements or protein shakes so it's been tough. Doing Arnold's blue print program.

Am I a superfreak if I squat 315 after 2 and a half months

Depends where you started from.

Bump

If you're natty then that's quite impressive, if not then no.

Link to the program?

Ehm, zyzz was 183 at best, lmao.

Some girl went crazy, in a positive way, because i have 2 dents on my lower back. Said it was a rare thing to have. What's up with that? Never really paid attention to it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimples_of_Venus

I see a lot of people doing fewer reps/ sets on deadlift. You do 4×8 on back day and 3x8 m strength day. Is that good? Does that work? Won't you just tire out especially on strength day when (I assume) you're trying to move more weight?

But is it really a rare thing to have?

I think it's one of those things that shows below a certain bf%

Balconybro, I'm training to be a powerlifter one day, but I have a very skinny friend who's come to me for advice on getting ripped. I've basically told him to start lifting SS+ Half Gomad... If I give him your routine will he make progress after SS? I was thinking by the time I start him on it, he'd be cutting

Yep

>genetics the thread
It all comes down to proportions and low bodyfat.

You can only strive to be the best version of yourself, it is just that some peoples best is below average.

Nah if you make the absolute most of what you've got you can be in the top 5-10% of men unless your genetics are absolutely fucked.

>going from dating a 5/10 to dating a 5.5/10

people grossly overestimate the amount you can change. Yes I know some people turn disgusting with a few kg's of fat but most people are pretty consistent.

using your routine now. thanks

Not everyone has Chris Evans tier genetics, but there are incredibly few genetically "ugly" people. Most "ugly" people would be average at worst, and are only held back by bad hygiene, hairstyles, clothing, posture, and facial expression.

If you put on a decent amount of muscle in the right places and cut to 8-10% bf you can go up a good couple of points, especially if you get tren face.

>had to google who Chris Evans is
that guy is a 6.5/10 without his fame

Average is pretty close to being ugly.

>good couple of points

keep deluding yourself

Well it depends on your starting point but going from a skeleton or a landwhale to a ripped sikknt is more than a 0.5 point increase

Low test

>Chris Evans
>6/10

Nice meme DCuck

>Chris Evan
this is what average looks like

>cherrypicking
You can find unflattering pictures of literally any attractive person, silly.

>cherrypicking a flattering photo
>having a valid point

pick one

>cherrypicking an unflattering photo
>having a valid point

Pick one.

This look either terrible or a roids split. He's hitting multiple muscle groups back to back days no rest. Biceps then back the next day. Chest then delts the next day...

How did he got so big wrists?

I thought this is genetics and you can't change it.

>terrible or roids
I think you know the answer
He was on HGH towards the end