What is your biggest motivation Veeky Forums?

To be quite honest, I'm running off of pure self hatred desu.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/Ak9T7.jpg
mymanga.me/manga/Berserk/1/1
bakabt.me/162057-berserk-scans.html
comicrack.cyolito.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I'm running off of pure self hatred

same

no you're not; you're just edgelords fishing for validation

t. guy with no motivation

its okay brah, you can do it : ^ )

now gtfo

Fear of leading a boring life.

This.

I'm disgusted with what I see in the mirror and I want to compete in BJJ Tournaments.

The manga Bagserk is the only thing keeping me going

same, keep telling myself ill be satisfied once I reach a certain weight...

70% self hate 20% vanity and 10% enjoying the actual results of training.

I fear that if I stop going the gym C.T. Fletcher is going to show up to my apartment and whoop my ass.

I get depressed when I feel like I am not progressing with my life.

I lift so I can constantly feel that sense of achievement that keeps my depression levels down.

But secretly I want to be bigger than all my friends, I want them to mire me. I want to be the guy people look up to.

I can't help it Veeky Forums I need some sort of validation

One day, the girl I was going to marry decided she just didnt love me anymore.

>internally feeling hollow and depressed
>might as well get shredded
>externally in the best shape of my life

Wanting to beat the shit out of any guy who looks at my girl.

Being sick of plebeians and retards treating me like garbage. Wanting to let people know just by looking at me that I can tear them apart. So anger, mostly.

Don't you mean Berserk?

I lift to fill the blank of my life,hoping that one day i'll emerge as a new man i could be proud of.

Self hated, hatred stemming from family issues, basically hatred in general.

Lifting won't make your life less boring to others.

Would you treat a hated enemy the way you treat yourself? Would you seriously work as hard as you do for the benefit of someone you hate? Even if you FEEL like you hate yourself your ACTIONS paint a different picture, and only actions retain any semblance of permanence in the world desu.

pure self love

ayyy lets go same here buddy

>hatred

this

nope, he's adept in the ancient art of memeing

This. Except she decided since she just turned 21 she'll date other guys and sleep around since I'm 25 and did just that except when I was 18 until 21, when I hooked up with her.

I fucked up thinking a young one who's only been with me would last forever.

>I stopped wanting to be fat
>I started wanting to be the friend that girls admire when I'm in a group
>The girl I love left me for the guy she said "Not to be worried about"
>I enjoy having the best body in the room
>I have severe depression and lifting is what keeps me going

Seriously though, I found Veeky Forums, and it motivated me to lift. For the first time in my life, people actually talk to me. For the first time, I don't absolutely hate what I see when I look into the mirror. Thanks Veeky Forums. I hope each and every one of you make it.

Self hate mostly, depression, anxiety and loneliness.
Eventually I'll get to ottermode then warrior mode, then I'll go to college for engineering and have grills droolin on muh dick.

That and when I go to europe next year I want the girl I'm going with to be like "omg you look so good!"

I just wana go super super saiyan

the desire to be better, health, bussy etc I just want to be better at everything

No problem.
Faggot.

my pathetic life.

>implying lifting isnt an avenue for social gains

Never ever change.
Faggot.

"no"

disliking how relatable this is

I'm part of this club also.

Decided she wanted to hop onto the cock carousel. I'm trying to wean myself of the beta mindset I had while I was with her and improve myself.

Most the posts in here sound like me. I don't really have any one in my life encouraging me to be fit, it's probably alienated me from some relationships. I'm making a big push for August to get my body to a point I I'll be happy. I'm finally starting to see some facial definition come in. For me it is pretty much self loathing that keeps me going. I actually think that is ok though. What's wrong with channeling self hatred in a way that makes you better yourself?

I don't want to be skinnyfat and I'd like to have some definition.

I sorta lost hope when I realised that being a manlet and pretty light means my potential is low. I'll keep lifting for now, though.

You realize being a manlet means it's even easier to get definition? I don't get what you're trying to say.
i.imgur.com/Ak9T7.jpg

to be better than everyone else who is smaller than me

I mean my potential for lifting since targets are based on body weight. I also want strength I guess as well as definition.

But thanks for the motivation boost, user. I think I needed it.

/pol/ made me very mad.
and I need to feel in control or I will lose my mind.

taking charge of my body provides me with that

If you're going by bw, again, manlets have the advantage over lanklets. You do realize that 5'9 is the perfect height in terms of athleticism?

btw, working out angry is somewhat bad guises, totally fucked my shoulder up.

but I guess that motivation must feel like jetfuel when you do cardio

> tfw do both cardio and gym

Feels good to blast the anger out in the form of exercise

To get back the life I lost.

I found Veeky Forums in 2010. I had no idea how heavy I was - when I stepped on my electric scale the value returned was ERR. I lurked and I learned. I started walking, I started counting calories - I actually went on that meme Subway diet. God bless the $5 dollar foot long.

3 months later I could actually weigh myself. 390 pounds.

I started Starting Strength. I started jogging. And it all worked. In a year I'd dropped down to 330. A year later I was 280.

Life was looking so sweet. I had two solid degrees, I was a shoe in for graduate school, I was in half-way decent shape for the first time in my life.

Then I fell deep into psychosis.

I lost everything. I lost my friends. My family abandoned me to a corner in the yard where I wouldn't bother them. I hurt myself badly, lost all my gains, and fell into depression as well.

I lost 3 years of my life to psychosis. I ate my way back up to 375 as food was my only comfort.

A series of strange circumstances coupled with a renewed taste for life let me dig myself out of that darkness a year ago. It's still all shadow here, but I can see some glimmer of light up ahead.

Believe in yourself, brothers. We're all going to make it.

well done user, proud of you

>ex of 2 years left me 4 months ago
>we lived together, sex was great, everything was perfect. wouldve married her
>spend most of my days just hanging with her
>now i have too much free time
>lift 6 days a week just to kill time

Why the fuck did she leave you?

She wanted to "find herself". whatever the fuck that means. She texted me last week saying she regrets the decision she made. Saw her yesterday because she stopped by to pick up a few things that were still at my house. She had a guy in the car. She dyed her hair how i like it, and she was wearing the summer dress that i love. Felt like i got broken up with all over again.

Lifting is the only 1.5 hours where i can just let everything go and be sane.

self improvement, a bunch of hatred for my former self (fuck that whiny cunt)
but even though I try to tell myself it is not the reason, women.

I believe my will to self improve is big enough to go on even if I find myself a qt

I know that feel all too well.

My ex of 2 years left me a month ago now. We trained together 4 times per week for a year. It's getting better, but going to the gym now is just a soul crushing reminder that I am alone.

>She wanted to "find herself".

> women

sorry to hear that though bro, hope things improve for you eventually

Women. I fuckin hate them. All those years i was ignored and rejected by them just fueled my desire to become better than them. im addicted to breaking them now. Fucking them and using them while giving nothing in return but hope. Nothing comes close to seeing a girl who thought we were something special see me out with a new whore and watching them cry.

i have a home gym. she used to workout with me and we'd usually fuck halfway through. working out all alone was so hard in the beginning but im used to it now.

ya most women are children when it comes to shit like that. Ive mostly gotten over her. Already slept with someone else but i truly just wanna find someone to be with. Im 25 and have been with enough women. Just want to be with someone who i could eventually settle down with.

>Women. I fuckin hate them. All those years i was ignored and rejected by them just fueled my desire to become better than them. im addicted to breaking them now. Fucking them and using them while giving nothing in return but hope. Nothing comes close to seeing a girl who thought we were something special see me out with a new whore and watching them cry.

I just honestly wanna wear clothes that I think looks good instead of just wearing what fits
/fatty

I like you
Also Guts' bodytype is one I am trying to obtain personally.
I'm having trouble with my core though.

You should look into real social dynamics if you're a heartless bastard about women like me.

How long did it take to feel normal while lifting again?

>The girl I love left me for the guy she said "Not to be worried about"

i always work on giving a lot of trust in my relationships, but this has happened with two exes, so i'm wondering what the fuck is going on

2 months. I started makin good progress on my lifts and was less distracted. Really helped me take my mind off of things.

You should find better reasons to lift, because when you mature out of those emotions you'll probably just end up quitting.

Same user here.

When a girl says that, don't give her an ultimatum, don't demand she stop, don't even call her on it. Just leave. She knows what she's doing, and it's either a test to see how masculine you are, or she's leaving. Either way, you don't need toxic broads like that in your life.

All women are like that.

Call your dad.

The reason he gets out of bed, trudges off to work, and puts up with life is for the sake of his child, namely, you.

You were his pride and joy, the sole source of light in the grey, unforgiving world.

Maybe you still are.

Call him.

When im not motivated i keep asking myself "who do you want to be", well i don't want to be this fucking depressive friendless fat ass

Long term planning at the expense of short term satisfaction is all I do in every aspect of my life, so it's natural.

my dad is a fucking asshole lol he keeps drinking all my beer so I took a shit on the floor of his porsche

I'm on autopilot. I lift because why not?

>Dad had a drinking problem all my life
>divorced my mom when i was 13
>saw him every now and then
>grew up with a single mother and all the complications that came with that
>he went to the hospital 2 years ago for drinking too much
>been to rehab 5 different times for it
>im fine with him having a problem because i understand
>i was addicted to heroin
>i was not fine with him lying to me
>told me he stopped drinking
>opened up a cabinet at his house and saw a mixed drink he had in there
>he told me it wasnt mixed and it was an old coke he had from a few days ago
>it had ice in it so i knew he was lying
>almost fought him that night but instead decided to drive him
>hes finally better now
>go biking with him
>can talk to him like a normal father and son
>called him up today and could tell how happy he was to hear from me
>next full moon there is going to be a midnight bike ride in our favorite spot
>gonna go with him and bond some more
>glad our shit is finally worked out
>i missed him
>drinking and talking about feels on a indonesian fur trading website

Grandfather before he died around two years ago said if you don't make a man of yourself at your age (19) you'll regret it. I think I started lifting and reading a week later.

if you are not homosexual and had cash for heroin then you don't have all the problems of being raised by a divorcing mother.

Delete. Block. Move on. ASAP.
"find myself" is just looking to see if the grass is greener before settling.
You're gonna make it.

>This

>year of our gains 2016
>not lifting for azula

Plebs

i have nothing else
lifting is my only joy in life

Daaaaaamn yes pls

100%

>AB ROLLER

I want to be better than the greatest amount of people that I can.

not looking like shit and i owe it to myself that as long as i live on this earth i need to be able to take as much as i can from it and that demands a certain standard of physicality i want to meet and eventually surpass.

That image forgets several things:
>abuse steroids
>over-exert self
>heart attack
>die @ -30yrs old

Pretty much the same?

but eventually people who follow that path in such a manner realize what they gave up in a minute and you have nothing but gains ahead. keep going bro, leave ragrets to the commonfolk.

I want revenge against those who doubted me

I lift because pic related. I used to be typical stoner good time chill vibes party dude. Fast forward 3 years. Gf leaves me for certified chubby loser (what does that say about me?). Still not done with school. Drinking a lot more because lonely, bored, probably a little depressed. Start packing on those beer lbs. Slowly realize I'm too young to give up like this. I've got too much pride to settle for the kind of women and life my body and achievements will yield. Realize I lack discipline in all aspects of my life. Drastically cut drinking and weed. Start working out at home, getting back into using my body on a regular basis. Join gym. Stick with it. Learn more and more about fitness and nutrition. Really getting hooked. I don't think I'm ever going to look back. Want to parlay the this new found discipline into other areas of my life.

For the first time in a long time I feel like I have a shot at making it.

Cont'd

On a related note I work at a restaurant
>inb4 wage cuck, pleb etc
and everyday I see husky dudes with their morbidly obese girlfriends. I always find myself wondering how they're attracted to each other or even themselves. Are they dating each other because it's the best they can do? Were they so lonely they settled for whatever? That doesn't seem like any kind of way to lead life, just giving up and taking whatever scraps nature throws your way. I would rather continue to struggle, largely alone, for the things I want out of life than settle for whatever is near at hand.

My older brother and a desire to improve myself.

He's strong and confident. It inspires me to get fit too. Also just the raw desire to be better pushes me forward

dude, same. i was gonna marry this beautiful girl but one day out of the blue she just decided to leave. this was a few months ago. ever since ive been going to the gym everyday. no expectations. I lift so i can look in the mirror and feel pride. so that i will become perfect. strive for perfection and everything else will come to you

>and everyday I see husky dudes with their morbidly obese girlfriends
Seriously, what's up with this? Everywhere I go I see it too, it's fucking disgusting. I don't mean fat, I mean MORBIDLY OBESE too. Average 7/10 guys with these 3/10 whales, I have no idea what's happening to this country.

avatar franchise is kinda dead, its sad how badly they fucked it up with korra

supply and demand i guess, population atractiveness is not distributed evenly and it differs for men and women

Kek these funny but I don't understand the full context of what's going on. Can someone explain?

I don't care wether you're past me or future me,I want to to leave Veeky Forums and never come back

Not him, but

Shitty quality/translations, but it's easy to read here- mymanga.me/manga/Berserk/1/1

HQ quality and official translations here- bakabt.me/162057-berserk-scans.html
comicrack.cyolito.com/

Well worth it to download the HQ scans imo, either that or buy the paper copies off of amazon. By far one of my favorite stories of all time.

This is me, too.

>almost 300 lbs.
>cant enjoy anything in life
>owned by food, it controlled me
>couldnt do any sort of exercise
>embarrassed doing anything with friends so i did nothing but sit at home bored and miserable
>decide fuck living my life hating it and wishing it was different
>lose weight
>do whatever i want now, lead an entirely happy and fun life

That on top of spending 3 months out of the year on the beach in Cali, my in laws buying a vacation house in Florida last month that theyre begging us to use and Im also planning a vacation for next summer too, probably on an island. So I guess the fact that I obviously need to look ok in a bathing suit is also driving me.

Because i feel like i have to constantly be moving forward.

I'd like to run places, get places fast and have it not exhaust me. Also I want to be a model of motivation for people, I want to pull close friends out of bad situations and take them for a walk on the greener side

Mine cheated on me after 4 years a week ago. Those women know how to shit all over you and kill you internally

Pure unadulterated anger, dawg