I don't get how salads are healthy besides being low-calorie. No protein, mostly just water...

I don't get how salads are healthy besides being low-calorie. No protein, mostly just water. I've heard eat your veggies my whole life but would it be OK to eat meat and potatoes and rice of my calories are in check.

Absolutely, I mean who needs dietary fiber amirite? Wtf is Vitamin C? Vitamin A? Vitamin E? Who gives a shit about Zinc or magnesium? Those are on the periodic table of the elements, and that's for DYEL nerds.

Fuck fruits and veggies man, that shit's meme-tier garbage.

> falling for the vegetable meme
> making it

Sweet summer child

what are you fucking stupid?

OP doesnt understand nutrition ITT

Macronutrients /= Micronutrients

Vegetables are a meme

All humans need is meat and fruit.

Ok Imma respond because I feel bad for your retardation

What you are talking about is lettuce; probably only ice berg lettuce and such (cba to look it up for you). While it is true it is not great, other salad ingredients and specially veggies are still great for you and loaded with micronutrients and fiber.

Micronutrients
Phytonutrients
Anti-oxidants
Fiber

Vegetables are the #1 defense against diseases.

>not getting those from tastier sources
Salads are, in fact, meme-tier garbage for retads
If I wanted to eat eat something that tastes like crap for teh minerals I'd just buy supps

I'm 34 years old. I haven't eaten a leafy vegetable in over 25 years. I rarely eat fruit.

I'm perfectly healthy. My bloodwork, sugar levels, blood pressure etc is almost textbook perfect.

I haven't been sick in years. I'm in pretty good shape and look better than most of the people my age.

According to "nutritionist" and "/fit" I should have been dead decades ago.

Cool story bro.

Yeah fuck the future you! If you're fine today you're obviously gonna be the same in 30 years.
Do you not wear your seatbelt because you haven't crashed ever as well?

I'm not a vegan or anything, but I even know that this shit's retarded

these

they're also a useful tool when cutting, making you feel full with hardly any calories

I find this very hard to believe. I'm your age and I eat vegetables, lettuce, and fruit almost every day. I'm willing to bet you're short and balding.

Post yourself and let's see who looks healthier.

I'm 193 cm tall and 85 kg (yeah, dyel by /fit standards).

Meh, people are vegans and whatever and still die of cancer, have diabetes, heart disease, etc.

People on this board juice as crazy and still talk about "healthy" lifestyle.

I have a full set of hair so far. I'm not gonna post a pic on the interwebs because I'm not retarded.

Main problem is people make the distinction between fruits and vegetables when they both offer many of the same vitamins and amino acids. You can entirely replace one with the other. Generally, the more diverse your diet, the healthier your bodily systems will be.

Fiber, micros, if you're cutting it gets you "full" for not very many calories.

I guess, but can't you get that from other sources?
I just love eating a shit-ton so I always have some salad with my meals to snack on

calling any singular food inherently healthy in itself is troubling. to be healthy involves having a well balanced diet meeting all your body's needs. So, while some food might be better than others, and help fulfill more requirements than others, it really shouldn't matter as long as all of your macros, micros and calories are met properly at the end of he day.