Are basketball players the most athletic sports players in the world?

Are basketball players the most athletic sports players in the world?

I think you mean "tallest", and yes they are the tallest sports players in the world

fuck no, shot putters 4 lyfe

Yes, constant conditioning, strength and skill are needed.

Ice hockey, rugby, or decathletes desu.

>apehoop
>not icefight

wew

Considering every aspect of athleticism (strength, speed, jump, stamina, toughness, etc), it's Rugby / AFL players.

They are among the most naturally gifted athletes in the world, but they are staggeringly weak and fragile compared to football players, hockey players, and rugby players.

AFL cunt

among the major team sports, it's the one that relies most on individual athleticism and talent, so yes you will see the most athletic players in basketball.

roid delts

Boxers

athletic? maybe. gymnasts might have them beat but it's tough to say since one is a contact sport and the other is individual competition. so probably still basketball.

ESPN says the toughest sports to be pro at are Boxing and Hockey

and the hardest things to do in pro sports is be an ice hockey Goalie and Hit a baseball.

Ice hockey is so impressive though. such a tough sport and then to do it all on fucking ice skates is just insane. I hope they never ban fights too. coolest aspect of any sport ever

I'd put quick thinking and wits in their too.

>not chess

Kek you boys have fun tossing your squishy balls from one side of a field to another, meanwhile chess players are developing superior arms through repeated weighted motion and impeccable form.

Ice hockey definitely has it beat

In terms of solo sports, boxing is definitely the most athletic contact sport. Swimming or gymnastics is the most athletic solo non contact sport

NFL Defensive Ends or Defensive Backs.

My list for athleticism
>American football/rugby
>wrestling/combat sports in general
>gymnastics

jealous brah?

I know what you mean but the way athleticism is defined in sports is like "quick changes in speed and direction on the ground and in the air." so the argument that basketball is the most athletic sport stems from the fact that they have to dribble a basketball, crossover, avoid defenders, create space, and shoot, half the time while contorting their body in midair.

I agree though that ice hockey is probably the hardest team sport though.