youtube.com/watch?v=6AItKh1bhYw
powerlifting-ipf.com/media/livestream.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UMLzxt0wqKQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3YBEK_-ejY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why ur back looks shit

sketchtoy.com/67164231

Clarence for just try harder

whats the lift called where they lift it off the ground like a deadlift, then shoulder press it?

Someone start some shit with me right now

Women's weightlifting

ive seen men do it

I realize his lifts are impressive and his form is always on point, but why does this get hyped so much around here? There's guys in the same weightclass that lifts A LOT more than him.

And there's people more impressive and successful then you are. So I guess that makes you a useless piece of shit, and no one should ever talk to you again, huh? I mean, how do you look in the mirror every day knowing there's people more successful than you nearby, knowing that you're an utter fucking failure?

autism the post

clean and jerk.
it's not powerlifting

I'll peg you if you wear that again pretty girl

Stop posting until you're reincarnated as a pretty girl who is slightly more sane

Totally missed the point

No one can compete with Norris. Game over, no point discussing anyone else. This is /nlg/ (Norris-Lifts general) now.

Because he looks like a natty Harry Potter

Reminder to do chins for the lats, the primary mover in the bench.

Rows > chins for lats

Only barbell lifts aid barbell lifts
Chins are SHIT

cringe

>Chins are SHIT
Wrong (and retarded). Chins/pullups involve a far longer ROM for the humerus and thus lats, and don't stress posterior chain uselessly.

this 3bh
weighted chins give great lat gains AND spinal decompression

>chins larger rom
Rows allow for overload which is more powerlifting specific
Builds muscles faster which is important for powerlifting

>don't stress posterior chain
If you cared about stress you wouldn't be powerlifting
The load is minute if you do a Pendlay row
Developing the posterior chain is also very important for powerlifting

But you literally said lats are a primary moved in the bench press
So I know you're retarded anyway

Don't know why I'm arguing with a retard

Not as much spinal decompression as you think. If that's your primary reason for doing them then check out specific spinal decompression exercises which are far more effective.

it's the the specific reason but it's a bonus. I do both yates rows and weighted chins so i don't really have a dog in this fight.

it's *not* the specific reason

Ok

>Rows allow for overload which is more powerlifting specific
>Builds muscles faster which is important for powerlifting
Just bullshit, where did you come up with this? "Muscle faster" - yeah, when you're limited by physiological-maximum protein synthesis measured in grams/week, most of it going to your organs. Keep your rows in your SS, but I'm discussing actual powerlifting here.
>If you cared about stress
Replacing possible squat/deadlift/variation volume with rows is the most detrimental thing you can do, akin to replacing bench volume with The Press. Yes, the P. Row has its uses, but only niche, whereas chins can be worked into most programming no problem. Plain barbell row is garbage, however, and the P. Row itself is posterior chain dominant compared to lats.
>But you literally said lats are a primary moved in the bench press
It's a meme, and I was referencing Norris's bench in the webm.

Over load builds muscle faster because you're handling more volume. Fact.

>no it's bullshit
Wow great rebuttal there. Very educated opinion you have there.

>Replacing possible squat/deadlift/variation volume with rows is the most detrimental thing
Ah yes, because you said it right? It must be true.
No don't use logic please, your opinion is enough for me.

(No successful power lifter rows because replacing deadlift volume with rows is DETREMENTAL. worse than the holocaust. R-right?)

Except rows are so low impact you don't need to replace any deadlift volume???

>Keep your rows in your SS, but I'm discussing actual powerlifting here
Insulting me isn't an argument

>Yes, the P. Row has its uses, but only niche
It's niche because you say it is, right? Just like your entire "counter argument" so far.

>Plain barbell row is garbage,
Because you said it is right?

>however, and the P. Row itself is posterior chain dominant compared to lats.
Do you even know what the posterior chain is lmao

>It's a meme, and I was referencing Norris's bench in the webm.
Oh i see you were just pretending to be retarded
Surely

Rows aren't in SS though

>Except rows are so low impact you don't need to replace any deadlift volume

lmao

Starting one off the nuckols bench programs today. Probably the 3 day high one.

However, can anyone explain what the purpose of "testing" by doing AMRAP is?

Why are we not testing, say a 2RM or 3RM or even 1RM instead, why AMRAP and then depend it on the achieves reps?
Might that not be a kind of bad indicator for actual maximal strength?

Weighted pull-ups or chinups bros? I know it's mostly personal pref, but is there any real difference if you manage to get up there in weight?

An 85% AMRAP should give you a solid idea of where you're at. Plus if you're shooting for a true 1RM you could fuck it up. If you're just in training, no need to hit a max single.

I made a guide of the differences

sketchtoy.com/67164577

>Over load builds muscle faster because you're handling more volume. Fact.
stopped reading here.
you're literally retarded

Pullups make my shoulders feel better.

No rebuttal?

Love it, how men turn to children when they get this BTFO

Do you think he'll make it?
youtube.com/watch?v=6AItKh1bhYw

you literally don't know the difference between volume and intensity so i'm not going to engage further. you're obviously very new and are incorrectly spouting reasoning you've read online

Bang out 5x5 rows and tell me how it effects your deadlifts you ignorant fuck.

posting random gnucks screenshots

the reason I prefer chins is because you can achieve a better ROM for "elbow depth" aka lat recruitment, and generally you'll be able to get your head higher over the bar aka elbow flexion aka biceps recruitment.

Pull ups will use more of the little muscles in your back like teres, for example.

>do my specific volume as proof of my point
Lol

>ad hominem logical fallacy
Anyway, what do you think builds bigger lats:

3x8 Chin-ups at 70kg body weight
Or 3x8 Barbell rows at 100kg

Hmm...........
Volume = repsxsetsxweight so what do you think

How far do you agree with this?
sketchtoy.com/67164577

>Over load
>muscle
>Fact
There's nothing to rebut, you're spewing bullshit, literal buzzwords. I guess if I'd done more rows, I'd be Arnold now, because they're just that good at "building muscle", huh? I had no idea they were the one weird trick for increasing baseline protein synthesis and basically I'm fucking stupid
>rows are so low impact
Are you joking, have you ever done rows in your life, do you even squat and deadlift? And reread my post. I'm arguing chins are superior to rows, as they're less stressing. Any row volume could be replaced by, say, SLDL, + chins for lats, for more direct benefit. Fuck off and learn some reading comprehension.
>It's niche because you say it is
It's niche comparatively (again: reading comprehension), as it's useless as a main accessory. You're clearly unable to prove me wrong.
>Because you said it is right?
And it isn't because you say it isn't, right?
>your post
Christ sean, you dumb bastard
People typically replace power cleans with P. Row or strict rows. Not sure if official, but it's touted as "SS".

Does your opinion change if I'm doing chin ups with 130 kg instead of rows at 110 kg for the same sets and reps>?

>hmm....
dude did you just read your first book pertaining to lifitng and now you think you know anything about this? The movements are _different_ and you could argue that keeping the weight off the posterior chain isn't important for being fresh for your next deadlift session?

>malware
wtf user I'm not gonna open this

>not sure if official
"My opinion about barbell rows is as follows: fuck barbell rows. Really. Fuck them. Stop wasting time worrying about barbell rows and get your deadlift up to 500. By then you’ll have your own opinion and you won’t have to worry about mine.” -Mark Rippletits

>Volume = repsxsetsxweight

Incredibly reductive.

>There's nothing to rebut, you're spewing bullshit, literal buzzwords. I guess if I'd done more rows, I'd be Arnold now, because they're just that good at "building muscle", huh? I had no idea they were the one weird trick for increasing baseline protein synthesis and basically I'm fucking stupid

Not a single bit of rebuttal. Just misunderstandings of the logistics of my argument and ad hominem logical fallacy

>Are you joking, have you ever done rows in your life, do you even squat and deadlift? And reread my post. I'm arguing chins are superior to rows, as they're less stressing. Any row volume could be replaced by, say, SLDL, + chins for lats, for more direct benefit. Fuck off and learn some reading comprehension.

Ad hominem logical fallacy once again
Chins and SLDL miss your rhomboids so you obviously don't have a good understanding of anatomy

>It's niche comparatively (again: reading comprehension), as it's useless as a main accessory. You're clearly unable to prove me wrong.
This is just an opinion and not rebuttal

Everything else you wrote was either some ad hominem logical fallacy or damage control

Rows will always be heavier than pull-ups so it's not fair to say your scenario is likely

>dude did you just read your first book pertaining to lifitng and now you think you know anything about this? The movements are _different_ and you could argue that keeping the weight off the posterior chain isn't important for being fresh for your next deadlift session?

You obviously care too much into the logistics of lifting and not trying hard enough

If rows fatigue you for deadlifts then all you have to fucking do is PULL HARDER

You're not a 6 year old girl. PULL HARDER

I didn't set the standard

The presence of an ad hominem attack does not mean that the rest of the argument is invalid, you fucking idiot :^)

>chins and SLDL miss your rhomboids

It's not the presence of ad hominem attacks, his counter argument IS an ad hominem atfack

>oh you're retarded so I'm going to disregard what you said

>Rippetoe
I was gonna accuse you of appealling to authority but Rippetits isn't an authority on lifting weights.

>calling someone a little girl for not bb rowing
>uses bb rowing weight so light that it ABSOLUTELY doesn't effect his dead
k

>all you have to do is PULL HARDER

>"fallacy" fallacies as backpeddling damage control

i'm not approving i'm just saying why it's not official SS

This makes no sense you may wanna reword your post
The two green texts are unrelated to each other

I'd love to see your rhomboids if all you did was SLDL

Love it. I'd love to see it so much it would make my fay

Greetings /plg/ who here has had iniury or is currently injured on his or her lower back? And what did you do to recover from it, or what are you currently doing to recover? Also How did you keep your strength up if you didn't do exercises like squats and deads if it puts too much stress on your back?

using baby weights is the only way your argument makes a lick of sense

Lets see your rhomboids, big boy. I bet your back is huge from all the overload volume rowing 95lb for reps after your arm day

boardshorts is the most pathetic person in plg
not only does he think his smart programming is the reason for his back and shoulder hypertrophy, when in reality it was anabolic steroids. but he also thinks hes strong with a sub 400 wilks.

>rows will always be heavier

>fat Americans doing pendlol rows or bber shit

When will you catch on to chested supported aka seal rows? Objectively the GOAT row

>I know! I'll just complain about boardshorts instead

>Muh posterior chain
Yes you get bigger muscles the back. Oh look they help you deadlift, wow that seems more specific to powerlifting.

>Muh fatigue
May as well never get out of bed again if you're worried about being little tired for deadlifting.
Fatigue can be sorted by
>smart programming
>not being a massive PUSSY

Fatigue doesn't effect weak lifters like you.

>Muh chins have a larger rom
Wow so significant so important that's why you squat ATG and bench with a back as close to the bench as possible? He'll that's why you DONT pull sumo right?

>you don't need to row, which is ONE lift, instead you can do TWO lifts for the same effect as ONE
Literally what retard came up with this counter argument

>Rows fatigue deadlifts but weighted chins and SLDL sure don't
I can't believe I even had to read this autism

Not today, not today. You've already outed yourself
>scapular retraction in chins "miss" rhomboids

i'm inclined to agree just because of my previous argument.
never done em tho

5 minutes have past since I posted it

I can feel the angry fat virgins typing away at their keyboards

Wall of text incoming :))))

>Not doing rows to balance all your benching
>Doing chins instead so you can have even more forwards shoulders
>Caring about ROM or hypertrophy and other general shit and then arguing about hyperspecificity for the big 3

>Pumping 1000x the natural amount of testosterone into your body every week so you can squat less than most serious powerlifters that weigh 15 kg less than you

>oh you think chin ups are better than rows?
t. Jessica Fisher

You're operatiing under the assumption that I don't train conventional and that I don't squat high bar

I do both of those things because putting more volume into a muscle group with less overall systemic stress is important to hypertrophy. Greg said something along the lines of "could you do 5x5 deadlifts and build hamstrings? You could, but you could do 1x5 deadlifts and 5x5 RDL and get more work into your hamstrings" and Ithink that's an important takeaway. high bar allows you to put more volume into your legs, chin ups will allow you to put more volume into your lats and biceps, both of those exercises are examples of ways to put volume into related muscle groups without having to load your spine all the time. Is loading your spine bad? Of course not, we load our spine with two of our three competition lifts, but if you can put work into muscle groups and save load on the spine for the important competition lifts and lifts specifically used to train those competition lifts, you can be *more* specific

Rows do nothing for the shoulders that chins don't.

You know you'll see him again, even if it's just in your...

W I L D E S T D R E A M S

Relevant:
>Joe woke up from a cold sweat, panting
>Amber quickly embraced him saying "it was just a bad dream baby!!"
>She smiled as he brushed off a fringe of hair on her forehead and gave it a gentle kiss
>"what nightmare could scare such a strong man like you?"
>joe looked down at the wrinkly sheets, chortled at he noticed a stain of female ejaculate from last nights 5 hours ramming session and then looked back at amber
>"I dreamt I was strong"
>amber giggled
>"I dreamt I was strong, everyone at the gym went silent as I walked in and held their breath as I do my effortless sets at more than their max"
>joe breathed in a deep sigh and moved ambers hand down to his crotch, pointing out that daddy needs lips on his cock pronto
>"when I was done lifting I walked outside the gym, and took a lovely walk in the beautiful may evening in gothenburg, it was 8 in the evening but the sun was still shining"
>Amber stopped sucking for two seconds, and looked up to joe with sparkling eyes, begging him to continue the story
>"I took the bus home, talking to my online friends on my phone"
>"but as I walked inside the door I noticed something in my life was missing....I was completely alone"
>Amber stopped abruptly and said "BUT WHAT ABOUT ME?"
>"you're not in this story"
>Amber gave his shaft a quick lick and, in an annoyed tone asked "so is there some other girl?"
>"No, theres just......nothing", joe looked out the window, brushing his fingernails against his mouth, as a tear slowly tracked down the side of his cheek and hit his fingers one by one
>Amber stopped, hand firmly around his 8x6, her eyes beaming with empathy "Oh joe!"
>Joe smiled and pushed her head back down to his cock
>"Dont worry baby, as you said, it was just a bad dream"

>You're operatiing under the assumption that I don't train conventional and that I don't squat high bar
Higher bar doesn't specifically mean larger ROM. Nor do you even go deep on high bar lol.

>I do both of those things because putting more volume into a muscle group with less overall systemic stress is important to hypertrophy.
This is powerlifting, kid.
>Greg said something along the lines of "could you do 5x5 deadlifts and build hamstrings? You could, but you could do 1x5 deadlifts and 5x5 RDL and get more work into your hamstrings" and Ithink that's an important takeaway.
Greg said I think blah blah. Appeal to authority, my anecdotes blah vlah
>high bar allows you to put more volume into your legs,
Squat (more)
chin ups will allow you to put more volume into your lats and biceps, both of those exercises are examples of ways to put volume into related muscle groups without having to load your spine all the time.
There's no con to loading your posterior chain
>Is loading your spine bad? Of course not, we load our spine with two of our three competition lifts, but if you can put work into muscle groups and save load on the spine for the important competition lifts and lifts specifically used to train those competition lifts, you can be *more* specific

Makes such minute difference whether you row for a couple sets a week or do chins scattered throughout the week or whatever.
Rows aren't obviously the bulk of your training, unless you're mixing things up for fun, but if that's the case then specificity shouldn't be the argument.

The effects of rows are really minute and blown out of proportion to suit your argument

Delete this

It's another rows vs chins episode of plg today!

WAWTT?

C6W W5D1 here. Squatting 305 AMRAP.

WHAT
IS
TRAINING
LOOKING
IN
THE
NEAR
FUTURE?

In for chins desu.

Deload week for me, 5/3/1 ohp, BBB pause bench, rows, chins, curls, rear delt flyes

Is this panzerjagers training chart?

Right? Next three weeks look too easy. I have 15 weeks before my meet if I sign up for it. Might switch over to competition prep

Our ideas of training are so vastly different
>rotator cuff accessories
>abs
>hyper extensions not reverse hypers which are 1.6^7x better

Ew

I get this is dietmers or whatever but I wouldn't run this

Probably why I'm Stronger than you as a natty and trained less than half the time you've trained

Hmmm. I just hope i dont unlearn how to handle heavy weight when i bench that sub-maximal all the time, you know?

I find AMRAP sets give me an untrue max.

Thought my max was so much higher until I tested it out.

Also maxing out lets you get better at maxing out.

It's worth doing at the end of your cycle for true numbers and practise.

Obviously if you're super strong dude then you can make your own training decisions

I agree chins are great, but I'm too dyel for my opinion to matter.

So you at the end of your 2nd full cycle now? Are you still enjoying 5/3/1?

I just want tonight to get here already, so I can squat. Really hoping for 3-4 reps.

So far all the opponents in favour of chins have been
>Boardshorts
Literally took steroids, weighs far more than Isley and yet benches far less than him???

>Fat retard
Need I say anything?

>Twink Alex
Kinda cool but twink

>user
The most cancerous shit poster of all time

You touch 90 a few times and 80-85 a bunch, just like Sheiko.

Yep. This is the end of my second cycle, and I'm still enjoying it. Good luck tonight mang

>Didn't even ask my reasoning

I also think newer lifters have less of the skill required for moving max/near max weights. It's the 'bad at maxing' factor that hypothetically shouldn't really be a thing.

Literally doing a pyramid once a week.
It will most likely not develop into an issue.

Considering dropping TM today for cuckolls bench.

What were you running before cuckolls?

Im thinking of starting 3x week int med today, but im not sure if I should just up my VD weight or what.

I am mostly having trouble handling heavy weights on ID since I am working sub maximally all the time i think. like it mentally crushes me.

kek i forgot about this one.

90s a few time

WHY DO YOU ALL TRAIN LIKE FUCKING LIKE GIRLS

GO 90s ALL THE TIME

FUCKKK

Let's train together, I'll bring the stimulants

Anyone here watching the IPF worlds? They are doing diddys right now. powerlifting-ipf.com/media/livestream.html

In favour of rows:
>(You)

I fucking would bro if you didn't live so far away

youtube.com/watch?v=UMLzxt0wqKQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3YBEK_-ejY

Waiting for you to get hurt bad (again) so I can lol heartily.