Pls convince me not to kill myself Veeky Forums

pls convince me not to kill myself Veeky Forums

just dont know what I'm doing wrong, lifting for just over 6 months now with very little progression at all

green - dl
blue - squat
grey - bench
orange - row
purple - ohp

big dips are form corrections

1) You're doing Stronglifts

/thread

any suggestions what I should move to senpai?

Suicide

stop meme'ing him, sl is great

you probably need to eat more, sleep more, do the deloads or fix whatever you're doing wrong in form

everything at the chart seems shitty IF you-r serious about training. But probably you aren't and it's not big deal. Not everyone is full nuts about lifting.
Considering even that your Squat sucks big time. Have you injured yourself?

do ss

sl is kinda shit but OP should be doing way better than that no matter what his routine is.

post everything you ate on your last workout day, including when and how much you ate.

thanks for the replies, nope no injuries and been training pretty consistently 3x a week and trying to watch my diet

squat form is terrible but finally got a handle on it i think, though failed earlier ~70kg (height 5'10 / weight ~71kg)

at the same time wondering if I should just switch programs at this point, would be keen to drop to 3x5 squats for instance

despise rows too

You're not alone. I know my problem, I need to eat more and I will.

workout day today, food diary

breakfast:

cup of oats, 2 egg omelette, banana, some almonds

lunch:

6oz chicken pasta, broccoli

snack:

yoghurt, oatmeal cookie

post-workout:

2 scoops whey, full fat milk, more oats

dinner:

6oz salmon, cup green beans, 6 asparagus spears

solid effort for 4/5 months

If your form is shit then do 3x5 heavy at the beggining and 3x5 light focusing on form at the end

alright, seems pretty solid although lunch and the snack might be kinda lacking in protein depending on things and optimally youd want low fat milk and some faster carbs than oats on your pwo, but thats just nitpicking.

next question is are you gaining weight? if i understand things correctly, you weighed about 67 kilos in early february. being 71kg atm, you gained 4 kilos in 4 months which would put you at a surplus of around 200. at your height you could do 300 more

but i still think you should be making way better progress. you should probably drop everything to 3x5 and id switch rows to chins anyway.

thanks for all the advice brah, yeah I'm gaining weight slowly enough.. my plan was get to around 75 and cut it back to 70 since I'm gaining a disgusting bit of stomach fat now (after being skelly all my life)

but yeah I'm a little disheartened by my progress too, only thing I can think of is I'm cycling home (commute both ways) and lift after work. Saying that it's only 5 miles or so, however probably should cut that out on lifting days so I'm 100%

will take onboard what you're saying about lunch + 3x5 + chins

Actually doing Stronglifts as well.
Got a question though:
Do you guys do warm-ups for every practice? I do so, but kinda sucks I have to spend time on it. Normally do barbell only -> 50% weight, ->80% weight -> start 5x5.

And in the resting time, do you guys walk around between squats? Or just sit down.
I'm used to do like 15 reps and walking around helps to get some lactic acid away, but I don't feel my legs after 5 reps.

Keep on going though!

That progress though. Nice job dude.

I do the warm ups, yeah. I used to skip them but it's not worth the risk of an injury. As for resting, I usually just sit down because the only time I feel like shit is after rows.

>Do you guys do warm-ups for every practice?
always
bar x 10
bar x 10
50% working weight x 6
70% working weight x 4
90% ww x 3
working sets

>And in the resting time, do you guys walk around between squats? Or just sit down.
both, I keep the blood moving for sure

It's such a basic program and the guy who made it isn't even strong. He never benched 3plates for example after 10 years of lifting.

>basic is bad
It's a beginner's routine for a reason