What is the best forearm exercise and why is it pic related?

What is the best forearm exercise and why is it pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fwn0dKVoeVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

define "best"

>define "best"
better than all others in quality or value
most appropriate, useful, or helpful

Do farmer's walks, you pussy. Do them heavy and you won't be able to hold anything for a minute afterwards. They also fully engage nearly every forearm muscle. And you look metal doing them.

what are strong forearms used for?

They'll also carry into other lifts like deadlifting.

PULLING
HEAVY
WEIGHTS

I do paused pullups on rock climbing holds with paused negatives. sometimes with a bit of weight

forearms currently at 14.5inch flexed

fingerbanging your mom

I bet you don't eat spinach either faggot.

Are you retarded? You can't train your entire forearm with just one exercise.

Here you're completely neglecting the flexors and barely hitting your brachioradialis which account for like 90% of your forearm you mong.

How long do you have to walk for and do you really need to do the walking if you're just working forearms, can't you just stand in place?

Walking makes it harder. Ever heard about stabilization?

Summerfags I swear.

Strong forearms are incredibly helpful in any heavy pull. I can't do OP's exercise heavy because I broke my arm when I was a teen and split the growth plate off so it hurts when a lot of pressure is put directly on the wrist. I tend to like krok rows as a good warm up, then light reverse cable curls, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, hammer curls, and towel hangs

what about hammer curls? isnt that hit bicep and forearm?

Who cares about functionality?

not a summer fag, just never done those before, it was a logical question

Whenever you arms are in neutral/hammer/semi pronated position the biceps is still working but it's at mechanical disadvantage, this is why the brachioradialis steps in and does a lot of work.

Hammer curls do the brachioradialis, the brachialis and the biceps.

The speed of your curling makes the contributions of the different muscles different.

Slow curling activates the brachioradialis more while fast curling activates the biceps more.

This is due to the different amount of slow and fast twitch muscle fiber in those muscles.

(If you google it you'll find a study about that)

Farmer's walks are all you need.

Walk around. There's a ramp at my gym that I walk up and down for one set that's probably 25 feet long. It's a good full body workout, I think. You can feel it in your shoulders, traps, and eventually your legs will die.

Best for flexors?
Single arm deadlift.
Best for extensors?
Reverse wrist curl.

Reverse curl, hammer curl, pull ups, hammer chin ups, are all great to implement into a routine as well

Laying bricks you fucking autism

That only hits flexors.
I think you will find single arm deadlift very useful too, as you can pull more than half your total deadlift weight.

No, it was a very very novice question, from someone who has never lifted
>pretending you arent new as fuck.
No shame in being a summerfag.
Own up to what you are.
I am a NYRfag myself

Getting pussy. Seriously veiny forearms are a pussy magnet

youtube.com/watch?v=fwn0dKVoeVo

It wasn't logical at all. That's like asking "why is free bench press harder than smith machine?".
I don't mind you asking stupid questions, but don't get so fucking defensive when someone calls you out for being a retard.