>Last time benching.
>Newbie going for 120
>Can't do it.

Fastfoward to today.

>Warmup with 105.
>Put up 115 no problem.
>Push 120 without a hitch.
>Push 125 no problem.
>Put up 130, heaviest I've ever gone. No spotter. Crush it.
>Feeling ambitious. Decide to do a sixth set. I'm going for 1pl8.
>Grab a spot, put everything in it, put up 135 five times.

Holy fuck guys. I'm so happy. But I don't get how the fuck this happened? How the hell did just I put 20lbs on my bench in just one session?

When you're weak as fuck and you start lifting, you make gains very fast

More rest, more food, sleeping better. People break through plateaus for a number of reasons.

That wouldn't add 20 pounds to his 1RM tho, my best guess is the bar weights might have been different or he counted wrong

nah, prob got his technique more right, switched around bar grip, or just actually learnt how to drive that shit up from the bottom

pushing like a madman literally makes a 10 kg difference in my working weight, but doing 10 kg less and not having my heart in it feels as heavy

More like when you start lifting you don't really understand your limits and how much you can actually lift. 100lbs seems scary and its easy to be a little bitch instead of just pushing that shit. Youre not superman user you just were less of a bitch than when you last benched

I benched 135lbs my first time lifting

Good for you.
Would you like a sticker?

I benched 3 pl8 first time I even glanced at a barbell.

Mad and jealous
Jealous and mad

135 lmfao that's not even warm up weight? And you're proud? Does your mother give you a round of applause when u tie ur shoes holy fuck hahahahah just quit now, you'll never make it.

lmao

bet those baby arms gives you great leverage user :)

Hey bud. Fuck off. I'm making progress. I'm working hard and I'm doing everything right.

Getting baited this hard. Why do you care what some likely to be fat/dyel shitposter on a Mongolian pipe crafting forum thinks of your bench?

Thinking progress matters.
Fit just cares about your max bud.

Holy shit OP you must have incredibly low test. First time I benched I did 200 lbs for 16 reps.

I went from 165 to 185 in a session

Idk why i was just feelin it i guess, 2 weeks later i hit 205 as my 1rm

Working hard on getting your boyfriends dick down your throat faggot?

Form improvement, neurological adaptations, this shit is totally possible.

Enjoy not looking like a girl when you bench now

>not benching 3pl8 for reps the first time you touch a barbell
>not exploding with muscle in 6 months.
Bro.. Not gonna makeit

Topkuk....

First time I benched, I did 272lb for 24 reps just after finishing SEAL "Hell" Week

When i was 14 my first ever bench max was 120 lbs. After 2 months it was 150. How are people so weak and not female. I don't get it.

There must be something wrong with you bro. My first time at the bench I repped out 275x30

"You are nothing more than ass, waiting to be smashed."

>Doing SL as a njub.
>Struggle for a month to go from 55 to 60, plateau, regress, hurt shoulder, feel like shit.
>Next month I go from 60 to 80 no prob.
>The difference was getting 8 hours of sleep instead of 4, eating 100g of proton instead of 70g and doubling benching frequency.

I know what you mean, but a lot of people are just really skinny. I benched 130 first time at 15, didn't play sports I was just really tall. A lot of my friends that I got into lifting are just way too thin or kind of a manlet, so it's harder for them

>he couldnt bench 2pl8 for reps on his first day

Bro wtf? Lol

Anything works when yoy're new

I'm currently at 295x5 and i'll be lucky if i achieve 315x5 in a year

savage

>Not benching the biggest guy in the gym on your first day to assert domiance.
>Man
Pick one.

Your nervous system gets used to the movements when you start. I've been plateaud at 60kg for a month now

>doing everything right
>randomly decide to slop 15 more pounds on to your working set
>following a strict routine and making progress

>eat more
>sleep more
>lift more
>get stronger

wow Veeky Forums was right!

I benched five plate in my dream and while asleep. When I awoke because mommy said it was din din time and I had to eat my chicken tendies she said she saw the bar levitate 3 times every minute and a half, 8 times.

Step it up faggot.
/nomnom

I know; who would have thought, right?

Memes aside, you need to rest longer between sets

I-I rest between sets in a pocket dimension.
A hot pocket dimension.

>fail 215 miserably
>come back two days later
>butthurt as fuck, flex every muscle I can to get the weight up
>finish without struggling on any reps

sucks that I only have time to go to the gym after work when I'm worn out as shit

lard ass or manlet?
both??

DELETE THIS!!