Is 1-2 beers a night okay?

Is 1-2 beers a night okay?

I did it when I was bulking and it didn't seem to affect my progress at all. Assuming you're an average 170-something guy with decent tolerance that level of drinking is really just a carb source, nothing serious enough to affect progress or be considered a substance problem.

Nah I'm only 20

150 calories in a beer, no other macro/micro nutrients. IIFYM.

Why not drink it all in one night for a decent buzz? And no it's not bad if you account for the extra 300 calories per day 2 beers has.

Yeah same here. Nothing to worry about, but probably not the best idea if your cutting.

is getting shitface 1-2 times a week alcoholism?

because that hurts your liver and leads to addiction

sort of

Is alcohol even good for you, does it provide any benefit to you in moderation besides making you forget your problems if you drink enough?

No, that's the average male in university

31-37% of university students show signs of alcohol abuse depending on measurement tool

this is basically where it starts for a lot of people

getting shitfaced weekly WILL increase your tolerance, which is where it starts

while recurring abuse alone doesn't constitute alcoholism it is still far from being acceptable and the social setting that allows for it does absolutely nothing to protect your body or decrease your risk of future abuse

basically, try to chill with it as much as possible, avoid the last few drinks since they are what will lead to increased tolerance, watch your tolerance levels and never ever sugarcoat what alcohol is and what it does to you

well, it wont necessarily make you fat, but it will dehydrate you some so drink a lil extra water

otherwise, try not to become an alcoholic

Stop being such a fag and have a beer

Stop being such a dipshit

No alcohol is useless and a waste of money, drinking it socially is okay, but abusing it or drinking any amount of alcohol alone is asking for trouble.

If you're depressed, no.

Even if you're not....no

I just went on a binge and had 2-a- night for a few days. Still went to the gym, though. Trying to gain muscle right now. How fucked are my gains?

I think I should quit all together. I just lost a decent amount of weight and gained some muscle, but now I want to get chiseled.

you have to quit all together...the only bros that say alcohol doesn't kill gainz, are bros on roids.

>FUN BAD! NO FUN! FUN BAD! NO FUN!
You might as well tell gamers to stop playing vidya cause its useless, waste of money, and asking for trouble.
You might as well tell everyone who buys electronics the same thing.

Gooby pls go.

Yeah. I love beer, but I want muscles more. And I'm not going to be doing roids, so it looks like alcohol is out.

I mean, I'll do it, but I am bummed I have to say bye to beer. How to cope?

Just have a couple beers like every other week, you don't have to say by forever. I'm right there with you.

Smoke weed bitch. Or vape it if you are a health nut.

Ha, thanks. I mean, I'm not some alcoholic, but life is good when you can enjoy a beer. I just really want to get cut, and I feel like I should be strict and keep it to once a month?
I do smoke. If anything, that is what keeps me from over-drinking.

Weed is for boring people

as long as you allow for it in you macros, or even on a cheat day, you don't have to do once a month. But that also depends on what BF% you are trying to get to....

Its also for people who like to smoke weed

k

ive been an alcoholic lately. Drinking around a bottle of wine 5-6 days a week. As long as you stay hydrated and keep your diet on point you still make solid gains. Ive actually gained muscle and lost fat.

did I not say it's okay to drink it socially?

If it's fun to get buzzed/drunk by yourself, you need to reevaluate your life.

>Anytime anyone drinks, its because they want to have fun! There is absolutely no way people drink this for any other reason!

it's actually fine to drink alone. The people who say that are afraid of their own ability to have self control when it comes to drinking/ one of those saving you from yourself things.

The next popular reason to drink is because you suffer a physical/emotional dependence to alcohol and it's mental effects, which is an entirely nothing topic than physical fitness & drinking. If you do this;
>evaluate your life

As nobody knows your curcumstances or life-style, it may be perfectly fine to enjoy a drink alone; but an online anonymous community that's must think in generalizations to make any coherent point.

Drinking alone is an early warning sign for alcoholism in your mid-life.

Thanks a lot. I actually don't know what my BF% is right now, but I'm sure I can get it measured. Not sure if it matters, but I am a gal, but macros are macros.

Indeed, macros are macros.

I'm not the best with women's BF, but I know with dudes who are trying to hit 10-12% BF literally can't drink at all. But those dude's compete etc. etc.

If you are just an average person trying to lose weight and look good, once in a while is okay. Just don't go crazy.

>I am an expert psychologist and know exactly why people drink. Its not because they come home from a hard day at work and just want to relax by cracking open a beer!

Right, thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.

You are describing alcoholics you dip shit. Drinking alone a couple times a week alone doesn't make you some sort of addicted bored messed up screw up.

I read somewhere in some study with Spanish soccer players that one beer after a workout increased testosterone ever so slightly and was more beneficial than a Gatorade. More than that and test levels dropped and all benefit was gone

m8 if you value alcohol to decompress after a productive day, that's fine... if you believe you can stay in control of your moderation you'll be okay.

However, I really wouldn't go around proclaiming that it's -okay- to use alcohol as a stress reliving tool, because you know-- alcoholism is actually a very serious thing.

>Everyone goes from 0 to 100 to become an alcoholic, there is no progression for that kind of mental illness.

>if you drink alone, you got problems
>if you drink alone, its okay as long as you don't do it every night

So you want to stop acting like a know it all douche and just admit its okay to drink alone a couple nights? I understanding drinking every night is not healthy but I was getting at you for the whole, "if you drink alone you are on the way to alcoholism" bullshit.

>im only 20
He meant lbs not years you fuck

That's the joke.jpg

You know what, fuck it, I have to stop trying to engage in meaningful discussion here. Ignore the warning signs and keep numbing the pain of your shitty existence instead of trying to fix the problems that lead you to use alcohol as a crutch.

shut up and have a beer fag

I dont even drink bitch. I was just calling you out on your bullshit about people drinking alone having psychological and dependency problems but now that you see yourself contradicting yourself and look like an ass, you go with the "fuck it! I was trying to have a meaningful discussion!"
But you can never be wrong, right?

get a load of this faggot getting btfo

fuck off numale and don't forget to get your ass pounded by your feminist gf with a strapon tonight

fucking faggot

im pretty sure he understands its not healthy.....

>Why can't everyone be as successful and disciplined as me!

BTFO

>wants to have meaningful discussion
>tells user to go fuck himself
lol, wtf

>sees someone having a drink by themself
>he must be an alcoholic

Look at this retard pretending to be a genius

i hope you're not implying that drinking it everyday doesn't make it habitual.

It's a slippery slope user. I personally would stop now if I were you. Daily drinking can seem fine, and you probably won't notice any immediate effects.

I started just doing a drink or two a night with dinner after busting my ass all day at work, the gym, and whatever else I had to do. That eventually turned into drinking three a night. I started buying high ABV beers for, "taste".

A few years later I was literally pounding a six pack of the highest ABV beer I could find in the store every night just to get a slight buzz.

When I realized I had a problem was when I went on a vacation in the Caribbean and whenever I'd drink on the boats or at my resort I'd need to pound over a hundred dollars of alcohol to get a buzz.

That and some comments by my doctor were a wakeup call of sorts and I've cut back on drinking. I've done the math since then and I've spent over 40,000 dollars on alcohol in the last 5 years.

I may not have drunk myself retarded or killed myself yet but that was a huge waste. Keep it restricted user or you will end up drinking way more than you think and either wasting your money or your health.

Homebrewer and lifter here. If I'm gonna drink alcohol, god damn it's gonna be good.

If I drink during the week, it's gonna be one pint max of something low alcohol. I brew bitters, session IPAs, dry stouts, Czech lager. Think 3.5%. This is to maximize flavor and minimize impact on me. I do keto so there are about 4-5 carbs per pint and I usually have room. But only after I know I hit my macros.

During the weekend I might have two pints, never a day before a work out (so pretty much Friday nights only). I'll risk something a little stronger too then. Two pints usually gets me a good buzz.

Maybe 5-6 times a year I actually get drunk (NYE, Christmas, my birthday, 4th of July, etc.) and they're already days that are gonna be cheat days anyway.

This. And you're lucky, user. I started drinking daily after a harsh breakup. It's been six years and there has hardly been a break between all this drinking. booze isn't a joke and fortunately I don't suffer hangovers (yet). I would prefer heroin/opiate addiction over this. The withdrawal is literally hell on earth.

Just realize that your body basically stops everything to metabolize the alcohol out of your body. So only drink after you've hit your protein goal. It also fucks up your sleep if you binge, you'll wake up in the middle of the night with a blood sugar drop and the quality of sleep will be shit. When I get fucked up I basically know the next day is gonna be a wash and I'll need to get extra sleep to get back on point. It's worth it, rarely, during certain celebrations.

lel pussy, learn how to handle your shit

Boy you are really stupid

You really are stupid*

grammar, funny how that works haha

Was in the same boat. 5 pints a night every night. The sleep quality improved by a lot after I quit on top of not destroying my liver anymore. Fuck the liquid jew.