Whats the most annoying injury that keeps you from making gains...

Whats the most annoying injury that keeps you from making gains? My vote is for anything having to do with the rotator cuff

Getting sick everytime I'm gonna pr

How often do you try to pr? I rarely ever go for a 1rm

Sciatic nerve damage/pain

Trust me, it fucking sucks

Classic image.jpg shitpost.

Sacroiliitis

>tfw my elbow is sore

It happened bowling actually and now I'm scared to lift. I tried some pullups and it didn't feel good.

i agree with rotator cuff. But also having minor non serious cuts on hands/fingers that are just deep enough to prevent you from lifting.

Sounds shitty. Does it just randomly flare up?

Cry more

>injury of the mind

I'm not self-disciplined

God gross

I'm retarded too.

Food poisoning

This isn't technically an injury, but it's so much worse than most run of the mill physical injuries as the heavy shitting, vomiting, and crying not only prevents your workout, but actively rapes your gains.

Is this the thread to talk about snap city?

OHPing yesterday I bought my ticket. Guess I momentarily stopped squeezing my glutes /core and I leaned too far back and now my middle and upper back hurts. Going to the Dr today.

Fuck. Might have to miss training should I do cardio instead

>crying
What are you? Some kind of pussy?

Ohp is easiest compound for snab siddy

Every time I see this girl all I can think of is that she was probably the girl that always smelled like pee and carrots in school

Based cara smells like flowers

I tried to sprint a mile back in high school when I was still pretty untrained and managed to fuck up some part of my calf area because when I kneel on it and try to go back up it hurts like a bitch if I'm too fast doing it. Been doing cardio lately and that plac always holds me back afterwards to the point where I can't walk because it'll hurt a shit ton (but I walk it off anyways and it returns to normal.) wish I knew how to fix it.

Yea, stretching and running help keep it in check. Fucking cunts smacked me in the spine with a skateboard so now I've got a little sliver of spine that digs into it whenever I twist/turn/sleep the wrong way

definetly lower back injuries

i have pain/weakness in my left shoulder when i bring the barbell back while doing OHP. How long should i rest for?

I fractured my 5th metatarsul in my left foot 3 months ago... you don't realize how much you use your feet to balance, i can feel dull pain in literally every lift..

bench, DL's, squats, military press... all put pressure on your feet, all hurt : (

I recently had a lumbar strain. It's been 3 weeks and I still can't do any weight bearing. Only swimming.

So I imagine anything to do with the lower back. Anything else you can easily work around.

I know that feel bro, all 5 of my metatarsals got broken at TKD. At first I thought I could still do upper, but nope, everything puts pressure on it and just stabbing pain

This or didn't sleep the night before. The latter happens to me way too often

Laterally tilted pelvis. My right side is lower than my left, significantly impacting gains on that side. The muscles on that side will not engage for the life of me.

Also possibly femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) which is where your hip bones are shaped wrong causing your bones to rub against each other. Not sure on that though waiting on x ray results.

Is this really her? Why are models almost always the ugliest people when they're not on photo shoot? Like I would get an average face, but they are just seriously ugly.

i stepped on burning charcoal with bare feet this weekend and have a giant ass burn blister on the bottom of my foot

just kill me

>persistent stress fractures on both second metatarsals
Basically if I run more than a few miles in a week, my feet break.
>not an actual injury but knee valgus during squats and fear of an ACL tear has kept my squat exactly the same for weeks
I have to work on basically every type of flexibility involved in the squat to get it to go away.

Chronic knee pain.
Ironicaly it hurts most when i bench

Lower back.

Can't squat or dead. Haven't been able to squat or dead in around 4 months. Feels real bad. Went to chiro and found out my hips are out of line. Can't afford anymore appointments. Kill me senpai

>take a picture of your resting face
>take a picture of you making a funny face
>compare the two

Dudes tend to hate duckface because it makes girls look retarded, same principle applies here

Tendonitis in my right knee

Knees and shoulders

jesus... all 5... you have to wear that shit ass boot for like 2months?

This. In every movement youre fucked

I fucking love this girl
She lets me get out my gay twink fantisies with out actually being gay

I realize this now

sucks so bad and embarrassing that a 45kg OHP is enough for some snappage

>standing OHP

found your problem. always do them seated, never had a problem in the 10 years ive done em.

But muh full body stabilization

Its defninetly low back. Mainly because can't do ANYTHING without aggravating it. No lower body. No upper body. Can't even sit or sleep if its bad enough, which affects healing.

I imagine a hernia might be on the same level, but never had one.

The fucking rotator cuff on my right shoulder shit never goes away and if fucks up my heavy bench

Subluxated shoulder.

Probably not the worst but it's what I have now and it sucks donkey dick.

I have a plexus injury since birth so I don't have the ROM to ohp or do bench with necessary form. I ruptured my retinaculum on my ankle so I have a cast on for 6 weeks and may need surgery afterward. I won't be able to run, rock climb, or do anything like that for maybe even a year if I want it to heal properly. Check your privileges :^)

My groins get pulled when I squat, Ive changed my form 4 or 5 times and no matter what once I start getting decent gains one of them pulls and Im back to square one

Note how he said he stopped bracing his core and flexing his glutes so it's not the exercise that's fault, it's him yet a bitch made faggot like yourself tells people to sit down because he's weak

Boot? I'm Australian son; they strapped my foot with a bandage, gave me 2 weeks worth of anti-inflammatory and sent me on my way. I was fit and back in at training a month later.

Not a physical injury but financial instability and I keep having family members die about once every 5 months and have to fly home to do funerals and its throwing me off. I've been been into getting to the gym for about a year and a half now and since then my father and brother both died, and a couple months ago my best friend died. It's like I want to go but I keep going through these episodes of crushing depression where I'm just exhausted and tired all the time and have no energy. Feels bad. Just started back to the gym this week, hopefully nobody dies this time around.

you could literally never get a girl like that

Have really bad triceps tendinitis
And it swels up if I go over 2 plates on bench
So now I do low weight on Incline dumb bell waiting for this ride to end

being a pussy

My autism

I had jaw surgery 5 days ago. Can't chew anything. Pain meds make me loopy as fuck so no lifting. Shit sucks friends.

This is the same for me, I pick up squat again after I heal and I'm fucked up back to deadlift and leg press only soon enough.

cntrl f
no sauce
did cara's shit get leaked?

hamstring

Broken spirit

wrists, such a minor area and the rest of you can be totally fine but makes doing so many things hard as fuck or impossible if they're injured.

Right now it's hip flexor shit and I think I have a pulled quad. Kill me.

i have IBS and an eating disorder so it's really hard for me to get my caloric surplus, let alone my caloric maintenance. i can eat more than 2 cups of food without getting extremely nauseous.

it fucking blows but at least i am making gains, as slow as they may be.

Hip flexor fucks up my squat gainz

Shit are you me? I found warming up by jumping rope and arm circles has helped immensely with my rotator cuff. Also foam rolling the arm pit is god tier for this.

I asked for injuries user. I never asked to feel goddammit

Having no motivation to eat

inb4 99

I randomly got bodybuilders shoulder that needed to have surgery about 2 years ago. I literally couldn't do any press and all totaled it was 18 months before I could start working out again this Christmas. After 6 months I am getting much closer to where I used to be tho (muscle memory is real brehs)

Unfortunately I still have a persistent bicep muscle belly tear (not tendon) that WILL NOT HEAL no matter how long I give it. I have twice given this fucker up to 6 months of no pull whatsoever only to have it come back again. The only thing that seems to have improved it is lifting, it still hurts I can just do heavy weights now before it kicks in. Negatives have done wonders.

Shin splint in right leg due to muscular imbalance. Used to skateboard a lot. Left calf is bigger than right. Leads to running injuries.

Being women with no appetite does not count as an injury ffs. Just put on the piano mans videos when youre eating for that there bulking motivation. GET BIG

C M O N
M
O
N

alcoholism

Have had surgery due to my left rotator cuff now my right is playing up,
Anyone having any advice on what to do or their routine?

Fuck man, that's some heavy shit. Sounds like an incredibly tough time, but I'm impressed that you're even still dragging yourself to the gym. Keep it up man.

so uh are there more of shit set?

I've had shoulder issue on my left side to a point where I wasn't able to do any pushing excerises. I was told to incorporate dead hangs shoulder width on a pull-up bar. Been doing them and my shoulder pain is completely gone. Give it a shot bro

*this set

Broken vertebrae
Shoulder.injury

Cheers will add it in

Ive always been told to never dead hang on a pullup bar and to always pack my shoulders when hanging. Is that just bro science?

>No cartilage left between L5 and S1.

T-t-thanks starting strength

my birth

Dont drop from the bar but unpacking your shoulders just hanging shouldnt be harmful, idk why it would be

I broke my heart about a year back.

No prob, I've been doing them at then end of all my workouts. About 3 sets as long as you can till your grip gives out. Noticed huge difference in 2-3 weeks

High ankle sprains because no ankle mobility whilst trying to sckwat

Recently got a boxer's fracture so I can't lift for atleast another 3 weeks :( kill me

Tendons

The fact that resting a injured tendon makes it atrophy

The only reliable way to make it heal is to do loads of shitty lightweight work for your support muscles then cut your lift weight in half and slowly build it back up over fucking weeks of bad gains

Or at least thats how i healed up my rotator cuff strain.

too deep for me

deadhanging is good for you.
What you shouldnt do is drop from the top position of the pullup to a dead hang without controling the motion

Tendonitis.
>6 months without lifting
>I can feel my gains leaving my body
>killmeplease.jpg

MY MIND

THE ONLY THING THAT KEEPS ME BACK IS MY MIND

MY BODY IS MY SLAVE

AND I AM

THE FUCKINGGGGGGG MASTERRRRRRRRRRRRF

FUCK YESSSSS

Mind and body numbing depression.

Fucking hip flexors. My left one has been acting up for 6 weeks now. Haven't squatted in over a month and it's not looking like I'll be able to this week either.

Medfag here, if you suspect you have tendonitis, for the love of God don't continue lifting because you could be setting yourself up for a rupture in the long run. At some point the tendon will fail to heal and will just regress until it's useless and you won't be able to do much about it at that point. Also, consider yourself lucky because a good number of people have their tendons rupture without any warning signs (i.e. pain).

Don't completely stop using the tendon but like said you should first do some very light weight mobility exercises so as to aid in the correct healing of the tendon. After a month (time is variable but a month reduces the risk of a recurrence) you can go back to lifting, but obviously start off with light weights and not what you were lifting originally.

Finally, if you can't seem to get rid of the pain, see a PT. I'm pretty sure seeing a PT is cheaper than seeing a doctor and unlike chiros, they're actually using evidence based techniques. You can go to a doctor but most likely he'll just tell you to go see a PT as well.

U wot m8???

seconding this, never go to a doctor for sports related injuries, they have no clue what to do. Go to a pt

When I had mine I had gains out the ass. Literally made it so my muscles did not feel sore whatsoever and I just went ape shit with the deadlifts. Went up a full plate in about 2 weeks

Dude dead hanging is great for healthy shoulders

Bicep tendon. Can't do any bicep exercises, can't do any chest exercises, can't do any shoulder exercises, All im left with is triceps, core and legs.

>dislocated arm while snowboarding
>it's taken years to recover my bench even with the luck of having all my tendons still intact

Literally hell; recover back to being usable was like 6 months, had to drop anything to do with shoulders by 50% and progress takes twice as long now

Anything that prevents me from doing squats, ligament tears not muscle tears, the ones that take months to heal.

I've had a hernia it fucking sucks and the surgery rapes your gains

Bout to drop the motherload on yall:
2 years ago i broke my
>heel (10 peices)
>ankle
>both wrists (radius and ulna)
>Both hips (acetabular facutures)
>chest
>Lumbar 1 vertebrae (burst fracture collapsed both my lungs)
>left index figer.

I still lift. Git some gainz but not much. Very painful. Bout 175lbs at 5'11" bench around 200lbs