Be me

>be me
>fast metabolism but not ultra skinny
>try to do 200 push ups in a day to build up strength
>do 120 split in two sessions, 3 x 20 in each
>first time doing them in months, stretched and everything
>next day pain in shoulders, not too bad, to be expected
>pain steps up over next two days
>gets to the point where I literally cannot do anything, any movement kills my shoulders
>based mainly in shoulders, some down the side of my ribcage, some in biceps
>what do I do

>fast metabolism

read the sticky summerfag

>I have a fast metabolism

Translation: I have no idea that I barely any calories.

nah I just sit at home and eat fuckloads of shit in between meals, and do no exercise, and dont get fat

Fuckloads is all subjective.

You're not eating a lot if you're not consistently gaining weight.

I haven't been trying to gain weight, I just wanted to see if I could do 200 but now my shoulders are in a lot of pain. Idk if its just DOMS and I'm not used to it, or a rotator cuff injury. I hear people still work out with DOMS and it's literally unbearable, so idk what it is

>be me
>fast metabolism
>200 push ups in a day
>to build up strength

Whew, I'm getting meme'd hard tonight. Here's another reply at least. Enjoy.

Pro Tip: You're not eating as much as you think. Eating is all subjective.

Regards: Some guy who was once a skeleton with "fast metabolism"

As for the shoulders warm them up before training. Also resistance bands help a lot. Joints, especially shoulders and elbows, get fucked up really fast if you're an idiot with bad form

Yeah I probably had shit form which fucked up my shoulders. Does anyone know what it could be and how long it will last?

you're having rest-days between workout days, right?

Probably just DOMS and give it 4 days for you. Eat meat and it may go away a day quicker or so.

endure it, eventually the pain will go away; unless you are ultimate dyel, you wont build much muscle doing regular push ups, you will eventually need to start doing more than just regular pushups

What he's saying is you bought into the fast metabolism momscience. Your metabolism is the same as everyone else's

You're on a one way train to getting dat dere tendentious

yeah hopefully it will go away in the next few days, its only been 2 so far. Do you guys still get it , and if u do do you do you just focus on another part of the body until it goes

it's not about gaining weight. the point is that two people with the same height, weight, and activity level will have tdee's within about 200 calories of each other 99% of the time, so your claim that you have a "fast metabolism" is bullshit. you eat "fuckloads of shit" but you only think it is cause you're used to that amount of food being a fuckload since you haven't had to eat the amounts you would need to if you were at a higher tdee. if you were fat, what you now consider fuckloads of food would probably seem like a pretty small amount.

Is this possible?

wtffff you're a fuckg weakling
i used to be skeletal and i could easly do 20 sets of 20 rep
in my best day i did 800 push ups

OK fine, my metabolisms normal, but thats not the point. The main problems are my shoulders, which fucking hurt, and because I don't workout, I don't know what it is. It most likely is DOMS,could be rotator cuff injury idk. Is there any way of telling the two apart/

just take a couple days off. if it's not getting better, go see a doctor.

The first time I water skied my forearms hurt to the point of being almost unusable for a solid 6 days afterwards. I'd say if you're not feeling better after like 7 days start worrying.

>fast metabolism but not ultra skinny
See this is where you fucked up, OP.

Is this thread about the pushups and your 'injury' or your metabolism?

K

>be novice at something
>thinks he knows something about his body
>goes too hard on first day of exercise ever
>did not expect the pain afterwards

Wait for that pain to go away as it should in a day or two, then sign up to a gym or at least talk to a nutritionist. Or if you're going to "build strength" on your own, read sticky, plan ahead, make a schedule for yourself and take care not to injure yourself (injure = real fucked up pain due to accidents, bad form, etc, not post work out pain which is normal up to some level). First week will be very hard, second not so much, then you ought to keep on learning how your body handles exercise, your limits, always pushing one step further and so on.