What is the ideal weight to start using belts?

>what is the ideal weight to start using belts?

i mean...
>i don`t want to the the dyel doing 1/2 pl8 squat with a belt
>but i also don`t want to ruin my back for being "afraid" of being a meme

>also:
leather or synthetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0028H00HG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1466475772&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=inzer forever belt&dpPl=1&dpID=41BFj1Zt3bL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>what is the ideal weight to start using belts?

whenever you want. it can only help.

at some point you'll feel like you need it and you'll put it on

ty, as for the fabric?

I'm glad you asked this, since I'm switching from a M&S beginner program to Greyskull LP this weak and working diddlies into my workout, and was wondering the same thing.

Belt made from the foreskin of a newborn child

Whenever you want but buy a real leather 10 or 13mm not that shitty one in the picture

what makes a belt good or bad?

general rule of thumb is anything over 100kg

>>what is the ideal weight to start using belts?
whenever you feel like its a good choice.
I started using it for squats once I broke 2.5 pl8.

Get leather if its available.

Never

Gotta get those core gains

A good belt is made from a solid piece of leather, and is thick enough (10 or 13mm) to actually not give when you brace.

2.5 plate squat+
Over 3 plate dl

I have the 6inch schiek leather belt, it's great

A belt should be the same vertical length all the way around.

Get an Inzer forever belt. Id recommend going for the 10mm. My 13mm is yet to truly feel broken in and i've had it for over a year desu.

I'm too broke to spend $110 on a belt. Is this one okay?
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0028H00HG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1466475772&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=inzer forever belt&dpPl=1&dpID=41BFj1Zt3bL&ref=plSrch

When you can squat 1.75x bw and deadift 2.5x bw. Only use belt when lifting above 80% of max. #'s pulled out of my ass.

3pl8 DL at least
2pl8 squats

yes
i have that same one. works fine and i'm diddlying 425.

if you have a little bit of chubs it'll bite your waist a little though

i'm deadlifting 240 @ 150lbs, should i use it?

That's fine I'm a recovering skelly who's having a hard time hitting that 4pl8

I put mine on at 185lb for squat, 225 lb for deadlift.

I can definitely do (and have done) those lifts beltless at higher weights, but I'm using it for safety and stability and like to get warmed up with it too.

I started using a belt when I was a little over 1.75 times my bodyweight for squats. I started using a belt when I got over 300lbs on my deadlift. I don't use my belt until my 2nd to last set of 5 so that I can warmup properly with it.

No, you don't need it. Put another 50lbs or so on it before you start trying one out.

>but i also don`t want to ruin my back for being "afraid" of being a meme

Then learn proper form first.

I bought a belt when I started to get to 2 and 1/2 plate for squat and deads. I don't use it unless I'm attempting a new max for reps or weight.

Whenever your core can't handle the weight, that's when you use the belt

Although keep in mind a belt won't correct bad form.

Started using it at 2pl8 squat and 3pl8 diddlylift so I don't throw out my back but just make sure you're using it for your heavy sets not warm ups and shit

I've been rack pulling 385.

I feel like I should buy a belt though and start trying normal deads again

Good goy

i'm a semi-dyel 5'5 manlet and i pretty much started squatting 2pl8 1.5 weeks in. i dont feel like i need one yet. should i cop one anyway?

The belt's not going to protect your back, it just makes it easier to brace your core

go deeper