Strictly speaking, aren't the Romans mass murdering, genocidal monsters, especially Julius Caesar...

Strictly speaking, aren't the Romans mass murdering, genocidal monsters, especially Julius Caesar? We like them because they're our cultural ancestors (because of their genocides) and because they ran excellent propaganda campaigns. Compare Caesar's actions in Gaul to anything that we put people on trial for at The Hague for today and I fail to see any difference.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=InRDF_0lfHk
youtu.be/ec0XKhAHR5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>genoicide
Getting really sick of this fucking word being applied to everything

Strictly speaking, aren't you a giant fucking cuck that can't handle the chad romans?

Where are the Gauls?

By modern standards, yes they were horrible on human rights.

Same as every other conquered people hundreds of years after the fact, assimilated

Everyone did that back then

You are completely right but people don't care because they had nice architecture and the conquered peoples got cucked so hard culturally that they sort of forgot the bad parts of roman conquest and rule.

it is the will of God. Anmd HEnce, just

Genocide is only bad if you are an utter loser like Germans and Serbs.

caesars goal was to subjugate or conquer, monetary benefits, he had allied gauls in his ranks aswell as germanics

genocide happens with the intention of removing ethnicities

>Strictly speaking, aren't the Romans mass murdering, genocidal monsters, especially Julius Caesar?

If that were true the Jews would have been obliterated because there's really no more useless and troublesome people in the early Iron Age than ancient Jews.

bring civilization*

and he did

t. french

This, Teutoburg Forest was justified self defence!

>be roman soldiers
>marching in German forest
>this song playing

youtube.com/watch?v=InRDF_0lfHk

except it was payback for the celt invasion of the italian peninsula

Yes they were, but that's the cost of civilization.

Fuck off, Vercingetorix, Gauls aren't people

Killing every soldier to the last man itself is a war crime though.

>they're our cultural ancestors
WE

>dominigger

Gauls > R*ma(n)s

>aren't the Romans mass murdering, genocidal monsters
Every civilization is or has been.

Devouring of inferior societies by more advanced ones is objectively good.

Wrong song

youtu.be/ec0XKhAHR5I

Hey what's up Verry, nice butt, I was just wondering how's Alesia? I heard you had Caesar practically surrounded. No way you could loose that battle right :^)

>not It Ain't Me

Hence why the Islamisation of the West is unavoidable and necessary.

>something that happened thousands of years ago deserves present day scorn and contempt

If we trace it back far enough, everyone is the son of a murderer. Get over it. No one with an ounce of intellectual credibility cares, and you shouldn't either.

Imagine being Caesar in that camp and having to be all like "ave Vercingetorix you fuckin' sacrificeable, all defeated with your barbarian trousers and horrific painted Gaullic ginger hair. I would totally execute you, both as pontifex maximus and consul." when all he really wants to do is fuck another senatorial legislation in his consulship. Like seriously imagine having to be Caesar and not only sit in that chair while Vercingetorix disbands his disgusting rebellion in front of you, the favorable auguries barely concealing his Gaullish barbarism and horsemanship, and just sit there, battle after battle, hour after hour, while he sieged Alesia. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone in Gaul tells him he's STILL CHOSEN BY THE DRUIDS and DAMN, VERCINGETORIX COULD DEFY ROME?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and countersiege his circumvallation with the type of tactics you didn't even know you could pull off before that day. You've been winning nothing but a healthy diet of rigged elections, consulships and later dicatorial powers for your ENTIRE CURSUS HONORUM coming straight out the gens Julii. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the triumph that's breaking out in Rome as he throws down his arms to humble himself dejectedly at you, shamefully assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to be unlawfully proscribed to sit there and revel in his subjugation (for that is what it is called), the subjugation he worked so hard to bring upon himself in the previous months. And then Marc Anthony calls for another cheer, and you know you could decimate every single cohort in this legion before the senate could charge you with treason, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Caesar. You're not going to lose your future dictator perpetuus over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

same for why ancient greece is so idolized for muh democracy but people also ignore the fact that they practiced slavery and for example women had no voting rights
selective memory of eurocentrism

Limited voting rights and slavery aren't antithetical to democracy. Also, despite what people might tell you, you can celebrate or praise the achievements of a person/people while recognizing that their view on human rights is not comparable to modern views or that they also made mistakes.

it was just normal warfare and conquest
empires and kingdoms later did the same or worse

Mad LARPer

>implying celts were against it
Gauls had it coming.