Do you have what it takes to be a marine?

Do you have what it takes to be a marine?

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/do-you-have-what-it-takes-to-be-a-marine/2016/06/21/1123d0c4-3785-11e6-af02-1df55f0c77ff_story.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States#Military_budget_and_total_US_federal_spending
4tests.com/asvab
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>low IQ and a willingness to sacrifice your personal freedom for no benefit to yourself or society

I do not.

No, my life has meaning and value

>Lift and run for 3 months maybe less
Seems pretty easy

That article barely qualified as content OP. Why the hell was it even posted on a website that didn't end in .mil?

I dunno man. If you're poor, then living on those sweet government checks and being thanked for your service by everyone all day sounds pretty nice.

those standards are really low

can i join and do no work and still be NEET?

no?

well then no

>tfw i fell for the muhreenes meme

Never run 20 kilometers before, but everything else I could do. With a couple months training I think this would be a breeze desu

Physically, anyone who is relatively young and isn't a fatass can probably pass these minimum requirements with little or no training.

But that's not REALLY what this is about. It's more of a mental thing. I don't know if I can really explain it. You either "get it" or you don't. The fedora-tippers who think joining the military is stupid will never understand that the ONLY reason they have the freedom to sit there and tip their fedoras is because we have a military.

To those who understand, no explanation is necessary. To those who do not, no explanation will suffice.

>Physically, anyone who is relatively young and isn't a fatass can probably pass these minimum requirements with little or no training.

>But that's not REALLY what this is about. It's more of a mental thing. I don't know if I can really explain it. You either "get it" or you don't. The fedora-tippers who think joining the military is stupid will never understand that the ONLY reason they have the freedom to sit there and tip their fedoras is because we have a military.

>To those who understand, no explanation is necessary. To those who do not, no explanation will suffice.

>The fedora-tippers who think joining the military is stupid will never understand that the ONLY reason they have the freedom to sit there and tip their fedoras is because we have a military.

Pretty sure the american fedora tippers out there understand that the war of independence was necessary to have freedom, but say, those wars that involved killing brown people who were of no threat to the usa, were not actually necessary to have the freedoms we enjoy today.

For example, there are countries that didn't jump into the vietnam war, and yet are still "free". And that's not because americans ran in, killed a fuckton of people, and then lost their stupid war.

Yes, that picture is an accurate representation of those who make statements like "throw my life away in the military? No thanks, I'm too intelligent for that."

If by "too intelligent" you mean "too chicken shit" then yes.

Already a chair man but yeah i could if i wanted to not all marines are like the guy m8s

Not everyone wants to die in a foxhole in the midde of a desert fighting a bunch of braindead jihadists who dont care if they live or die.

I'm not joining the marines or army because I'm too smart to be on the ground risking my life shooting people, i'm enlisting in the air force so I can just blow them to bits from the air.

*Doom guy

Ok. Well, let's just disband the military then, since we don't need it. What could possibly go wrong?

>I'm not joining the marines or army because I'm too smart to be on the ground risking my life shooting people, i'm enlisting in the air force so I can just blow them to bits from the air.

You sound like a giant try hard faggot you will get along with 95% of the airforce

The rest of us will laugh at your stupid ass when you wear the faggy morale shirts

Who said disband the military dipshit? The point wasn't that the military itself is unnecessary it's just that say 4/5 times the military actually does anything besides spend like half of america's entire budget, it's stupid and pointless and has absolutely nothing to do with muh freedoms.

>tfw when I can easily manage all of it but the running

Their military is only like 1% of their total GDP which is less then most countries.

You're basically saying nobody should join the military because you don't like what they do. If nobody joins, that would effectively disband it.

As I said, you either get it or you don't. And you clearly don't, but luckily there's still enough people who do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States#Military_budget_and_total_US_federal_spending

>For FY (fiscal year) 2010, Department of Defense spending amounts to 4.7% of GDP.
Gross Domestic Product is a fucking weird ass thing to compare military spending to. But I digress....
>Department of Defense spending's share of discretionary spending was 50.5% in 2003, and has risen to between 53% and 54% in recent years.

wait then i can't trust either of them

What I specifically don't "get" is your emphasis on the word "ONLY", as if it's some terribly necessary and important thing to consider when deciding whether to join/support the military in general. I absolutely agree that a military is necessary, and even that wars are necessary, but my point was that there really is not a "fedora-tipping" population out there (outside of say, some retarded hippies), that actually believe that militaries are some magical freedom bringing this deserving of so much respect.

>The fedora-tippers who think joining the military is stupid will never understand that the ONLY reason they have the freedom to sit there and tip their fedoras is because we have a military.

feels bad

Maybe I should start running more

>Vietnam was going to invade America and rob it's freedom
>Iraq was going to invade America and rob it's freedom
>Afghanistan was going to invade America and rob it's freedom
>Iraq was going to invade America and rob it's freedom

>the ONLY reason they have the freedom to sit there and tip their fedoras is because we have a military

The USA has not been invaded since the the War of 1812, what the fuck are you even talking about?

Every war America has been in since then they have picked out themselves, learn some history.

Cardio kills gains, bruh.

Who gives a fuck about being actually fit, it's all about being swole.

You think Stacy gives a fuck about your 3 mile time?

She'll care when you run out of breath mid-fuck.

Yup, it's the cardio that worries me. I think I could but I haven't been made to run for long periods of time in so long I don't know what would happen.

I take it you are one of those who get it?

I make more money not being in the military than I would in the military. I'm glad other people do it so I don't have to though.

I'd just join the Airforce; why would I want to be a marine?

Hell I'm not a fucking retard, I'm air force baby

Hows that arts degree treating ya champ? Move out of your moms boyfriends house yet?

Shit man, I am so jelly, I'm busting my ass trying to get into an army program over here but if the requirements were that low, I could do it in the morning.

Any of you fags want to marry me so I can get a green card?

Same here. Not all bad though, went MSG route and now I just travel the world dicking down foreign sluts.

Speaking of which anyone ever taken the ASVAB for fun? You get like 90 minutes for 200 questions. I took a sampler once and score like 184 after 22 minutes.

4tests.com/asvab