Spinal health thread

lately i've started getting worse and worse back pains, but they are mild so far. how do you cope with it. i don't think it's because of lifting since i don't squat or deadlift >inb4 curlbro
for that exact reason. it may have to do something with my shitty posture whilst seating and sleeping. what do i do, what are some good posture excercises and sleeping position, and how do i heal my spine if it's possible. also post stretching exercises that help

bump

the deadlift typically cures most back pain. I'm 100% serious about this. not deadlifting is a major fuckup if you have back pain.

This, if you aren't training your back as much as the front of your body your posture will be fucked up, and as a result you will have back pain. Deadlift, Rows, Pull ups, and Chin ups will all train the back. If you aren't doing any of these you fell for the meme.

PASTA
A
S
T
A

anyway i do train the back, moreso than other muscle groups probably. i do chin ups, pull up, pulldowns, chest supported dumbell rows and simple dumbell rows, rear flyes and back extensions to work my lower back.

you should stop doing the back extensions, and any situps if you do those as well. replace with deadlift. remember that deadlifting does NOT necessarily mean putting on as many plates as you can and pulling a 1RM where your form goes to shit. use weights you can handle and proper form and it's a fantastic exercise for people with bad backs.

should I go heavier and heavier or high reps low weight when I deadlift to cure back pain?

High reps low weigh. I'm healing from a bank injury and I have some exercises you may find helpful

my lower back pain flares up at random, one morning I wake up with it and I know that the next 4-5 days will be fucked. then I get some peace for 1-2 days and it starts all over again. although recently I am starting to notice a pattern of it having to do with alcohol consumption. maybe there's hope that my shit is not permanently snapped. I really hope it's muscle inflammation and not vertebral damage. doctors and physio haven't found shit.

are you guys sure about the dead lift thing? it's the first exercise I dropped when I started noticing symptoms because it felt like the most likely culprit. I'm kind of scared to reintroduce them, of fear of aggravating my problem rather than fixing it

A couple of years ago I had a bulging disc caused by an accident at work. I never had back surgery but I had to do therapy and it took years to heal. I've been lifting for a year with no troubles until recently. I went for a 5x5 PR deadlift and as soon as I was done I began to fee some pretty severe lower back pain. The pain has since gone away but every time I try to deadlift now I can feel tension on my lower back. Is that a sign that I need to stop lifting?

My form is pretty decen as far as I can tell. Maybe I should just go down in weight and do more reps. Is there even a point to doing hypertrophic deadlifts?

Stop doing 5x5 deadlifts.

If anyone is concerned about their spine, i highly advice getting an inversion table.
Been using one for a year now on a daily basis (morning/evening) for 5 minutes each session, really helps out in preventing any soreness.

could you share any? I've had back pain for over 2 years now after going to snap city due to deadlifting with horrible form.

Wish I'd heard this before I got sciatica from my herniated disc.

Which I got doing deadlifts.

It's about FORM.

FORM, FORM, FORM.

I had shitty form. Now my spine is ruined. Don't be like me. Develop your flexibility, make sure you are doing it right.

Don't fuck your body up permanently. The pains are not worth the gains.

Well here's the first question:
Don't reintroduce any exercises like deadlifts or squats until you've gone to a physiotherapist.

like I said, physiotherapist couldn't find anything specifically wrong with my back. they gave me some exercises and recommendations but really nothing specific or helpful. I specifically asked if they recommended against squats and deadlifts and they said no, as long as form is good.

I hurt my neck grappling a couple weeks ago (don't remember how). It was getting better but then I wrenched it playing silly buggers the following week. It's been annoying but bearable to this point but I just woke up and it hurts like a motherfucker.

I'd normally go straight to the physio but living in japan I've never had the beed to find and english speaking physio before. Wat do?

wrong reply

This.

If you're sitting or sedentary for most of the day it's gonna catch up with you.

I went from policing to a desk job and now that I'm at a desk all day my body is getting aches through all the usual areas.

This.
You're a retard for avoiding the most back strengthening exercise there is if you have a shit back.