Obsidian facts

Let's cut through the shilling and fudding and just talk FACTS. I want to have a real discussion on this project. If you'd like to contribute, please contribute FACTS.

Some positives:

>Low market cap (~15-20mil)
>only been trading for a week or so
>only on one lower volume exchange
>fluffypony (Monero) offering technical advice on the architecture
>devs are active with community and will be releasing a new roadmap with "new apps, team members, exchanges, and more"
>wallet and staking already available and working

In my opinion, these are positives because they show good room for growth.

Some negatives:

>huge shilling and fudding campaigns going on
>obvious manipulation of price (by whales and/or pump groups?) and current volume is not enough to overcome this
>very volatile coin, not uncommon to see ~30% swings in either direction
>skepticism around actual development progress and project leader

In my opinion, these are big negatives that may stunt growth and turn people away from the project.

What are your opinions on this project? Holding some? Staying away? Save the shilling, fudding, and fake screenshots for another thread. I want to discuss here.

Other urls found in this thread:

gyazo.com/64c218734bbafe489d3eb6458fa6b241
gyazo.com/e903d08ea3bfd8324a46db6291c53efb
gyazo.com/8cef51a9bfef76c30ead771984e10f78
gyazo.com/7dec792ca440ffafb2dc4edbefc01d2f
gyazo.com/22653827212501898f80f5e62b648f62
reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/74or78/the_truth_about_obsidian_odn_research_and_findings/
reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/74my0w/hitbtc_will_list_obsidian_odn_on_the_15th_october/?st=j8genv9v&sh=9a03042c
reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/74or78/the_truth_about_obsidian_odn_research_and_findings/?st=j8gf4elt&sh=cb604897
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jordan Schneider Known on Bitcoin talk as SageMark, SageFit, and Takicoin
Jordan is well known in the community as being the Marketing Director for the now infamous scam coin WDC in 2013 - 2014
He was actually a board member
He's accused of dumping his shares and leaving the project once it was discovered that WDC was a scam.
Some were not happy with the way he left WDC
He left to startup TakCoin!

gyazo.com/64c218734bbafe489d3eb6458fa6b241
gyazo.com/e903d08ea3bfd8324a46db6291c53efb
gyazo.com/8cef51a9bfef76c30ead771984e10f78
gyazo.com/7dec792ca440ffafb2dc4edbefc01d2f
gyazo.com/22653827212501898f80f5e62b648f62

This is being posted on other threads, but claimed to be debunked. I haven't looked into it yet myself

will not be a problem once it gets listed other places than just cryptopia, its so incredible easy to manipulate anything on shitty low end exchanges, even 5 bitcoin is enough to manipulate to some degree on cryptopia

DUMP ALL OF YOUR ODN ASAP

ITS A SCAM

PROVEN SCAM

DUMP DUMP DUMP

Good facts you have there.

>Low market cap (~15-20mil)
People point out the low market cap pretty often, but that's still many times greater than other shitcoins like Elixir. Why is there this assumption that this coin 'will be' 150m+? I don't understand it.

>fluffypony (Monero) offering technical advice on the architecture
They used him to pump the ICO, then removed his name after it sold out. That's shitty.

I agree with the rest of what you wrote.

I wasn't aware that they removed his name. Is he not advising any longer?

This organized FUD on the rise of ODN trading on a new exchange with 96% MORE volume than Cryptopia is an incredible COINcidence

fluffypony asked to be removed from the website, as people annoying him with questions about ICOs, if he had abandoned monero for ODNetc.

he is still the technical advisor though, but nothing more

Obsidian is a blockchain platform that apps can be built on to it.

These dApps really are the thing that contribute to value, if no one uses it then of course it won't grow much.

Look at stuff like Stratis and Lisk, no reason Obsidian can't get to at least 150 mil market cap

Imagine you're on a team and it turns out the founder never intended to accomplish the goals he said he would. Of course you leave.

Hitbtc confirmed

reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/74or78/the_truth_about_obsidian_odn_research_and_findings/

this

Obsidian is its own blockchain, ODN is used to operate it, it has staking and masternodes

and its one of the few products with an actual functioning product, not just a "alpha demo version" you can try or just plain promises like chain link

Elixir is just a erc-20 token, its unfair to compare those two coins

inactive account suddenly begins to shill ODN and then fuds the shit out of it out of nowhere

most likely a bought account

even stated in the comments

That is pretty strange tbf.

This seems to be just speculation for now, as some of that post has been debunked. Also, that reddit poster has flip flopped from shilling to fudding as soon as a new exchange was announced. I have a hard time trusting this until more information is out.

It not being an ERC20 is a huge fucking deal. I don't even look at that shit anymore.

But isn't their product a messenger app that isn't connected to the blockchain? It's better than nothing, but it's not even really a proof of concept.

Exactly. The biggest thing that stands out to me is that the wallet and staking are already functional. Not sure about a 150mil market cap though. Seems a bit high. Maybe a 2x - 4x is more realistic

Youre running out of time NODNers

look at all the massive shill- and FUD-overdose going on right now, literally everywhere.
this coin... i'm fucking all in.

it will be connected to the blockchain in the future, you will be able to send ODN through the messenger

IIRC the Wallet and Messenger will be integrated together

Good post.

I think if these guys deliver on a usable app then we're already lightyears ahead of most other coins. Supposedly there's also some other side ODN project in the works that they were hiring frontend devs for (this from slack the other day).

>hiring devs

i stalked ODN pretty much, and if they hire the dev i think they will hire, this project is fucking golden.
incredible high activity on github, working like a fucking machine.

HAVE WE REACHED THE NEW FLOOR??????

Pretty sure it is.

reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/74my0w/hitbtc_will_list_obsidian_odn_on_the_15th_october/?st=j8genv9v&sh=9a03042c

Fudding going on in here by a few malicious actors.

More volume on the buy side coming in

Read Jordan Scheider's response in the comments: reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/74or78/the_truth_about_obsidian_odn_research_and_findings/?st=j8gf4elt&sh=cb604897

Yeah, thinking it might have flipped. I thought it was going to go way lower.

Nevermind. That was fast.

Whale games

What's that buy slope of 3541? Is that one of the whales saying "fuck this, I'm out"?

nm, I'm retarded. That would have to be a buy-in. Prop up? Desperation? Never seen something like that which isn't removed when challenged.

Good question. Not sure.

They've been manipulating the order book and picking ODN up super low all week. I'm assuming all the weak hands got shaken out at .47 yesterday.

lmao

staircase orders

whales are playing

Yup. I'm out. I missed the top (just) but still doubled my investment. Too much fuckery in this.

This

He's the guy who checks their app and code for anonymity and that.
He praised the project pretty hard on btctalk.
They only hire him for short term reviews and they never claimed smth else.
Some Dev just said in slack that they will do so again in the future.
The fud is insane today

PRO
1. If they launch a mobile messenger that also allows you to transfer ODN, we're talking about Monero market cap here.
2. If more dapps are built on this platform (think black market shit), we're talking about 10+ billion market cap

CONS
1. Building shit is hard and takes time. People might lose interest and crash this shit before it reaches its potential.
2. The team is shit at marketing. If they don't hire someone good at this, it surely won't help.

EXTRA
If governments of the world start cracking down on crypto to the point of making it very dificult for normies to acces, Obsidian will keep on living and will actually thrive.

ODN was always a long term hold, this is like buying ethereum when it was still below 1$

the fact that the messenger is already working, is very assuring, it just needs to be incorperated into the blockchain, and ported to ios and android

obviously whales knows this and is manipulating the hell out of the coin to establish a decent position

theres literally big stairway orders on cryptopia now, i have never seen that shit on crappy low tier garbage exchanges before

I think the messenger is purposely left off the blockchain. You know, since the blockchain is a ledger that stores data and all...

Market history is still full of small fake orders though. Not sure if this is stable, or just another game.

I guess they finally recognized the potential of this coin.

Or we've got new smarter whales here to play.

devs said you will be able to send ODN with the messenger, so it will have some kind of access to the blockchain

a blockchain can be anonymous, just look at monero, but ODN will also have masternodes will make it even better

As someone who got into ANS early, I'm telling you guys, ODN is gonna be yuge. Get in.

i'd take whales over pump and dump groups anyday

atleast whales keeps the PnD faggots away

Liquidity is low enough to still be pnd territory, so be safe. Sell book is still thin, and the market buys are still just pokes. Nothing has signaled that this is normal yet.

Got in at the ETH ico. Everything about ODN smells like the early days of ETH. The fudding and everything

Obsidian is the ethereum of monero

...does anyone else feel like they're kinda a part of history now? It's... kinda cool.

Yeah, no disagreement there. I asked Blackstone on the Slack yesterday and he said that the messenger is currently off-chain in order to optimize anonymity. And that there will be wallet-to-wallet payments via messaging in the future.

shhhhh user. I'm not done accumulating.

If the messenger is off-chain, how does it find the peer to send the message to? And how? Does the message travel through masternodes?

I'm a little concerned to hear that it's not part of the blockchain. The 'everyone has it, no one knows who owns it' was what I thought drove the security.

XYNHiBCczHdpRz6sW18FUVgCb6WZjkLzwH

thanks op

Let me see if I can dig up the conversation. I don't want to echo something incorrect.

Its being integrated to blockchain after the apps.

P.S. If Fluffypony did a security review, it's probable that it's secure.

bring up your concerns in the obsidian slack. they are very communicative there.

the most promising blockchain project right now, by far.
implementing a fully anonymous payment system into an anonymous messenger is pretty much basic stuff, but nobody did it yet. For Android, iOS and Windows, desktop and mobile as well.
We life in a world where people gets arrested b/c of their network profiles.
this coin is a nobrainer.

Here.

-first, it's not dApps
-dApps live on the blockchain
-that means, everything is very very well documented
-and we want to do the opposite
-leave no traces as far as possible
-Secure Anonymous Messenger, not Facebook 5.0
-the blockchain is not optimized for anonymity
-but the messenger client and the messaging nodes _are_ optimized for anonymity
-so, everything what's to do with messaging, and you can call it the messaging platform, is secure and anonymous

blockchains can be anonymous. look at monero.

I agree, but one security misstep means everyone is fucked.

what about the inflation?
10% inflation seems pretty big right?

For the first 2 years. Cuts down sharply from there. It's a reward for early adopters and holders. It's the norm.

this is where masternodes comes in i guess, to add that extra layer of security

Totally. I was saying that a misstep in anonymous blockchains can cause a huge breach. I think off-chain messaging running through decentralized nodes makes sense.