>bounce the bar during bench with their ass high in the air
>still not as high as their squat
>Rest is circuit training
>Football training is basically crossfit
>heh

Now I see why they all left, the got snapped up

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/money/4226158/college-student-athlete-life-outcomes-gallup/
forbes.com/sites/davidkwilliams/2013/10/02/why-you-should-fill-your-company-with-athletes/#774e065e1f99
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Too bad you can't run a mile without having a heart attack. Also zero coordination with a ball makes you look like a retard no matter how strong you are.

It's hilarious how many "fitness enthusiasts" from my uni are never up for a sunday footy game. Probably too embarrassed.

>be in high school wrestling
>talking with a group of teammates, I'm the heaviest one there (~170 pounds)
>all the 130 pounders talking about how they squat 455+

I didn't even lift at the time, but who were they trying to fool?

why the asshurt? could've just said that not everyone trains the way OP described.

>can't run a mile
>implying I did ss+gomad
Strong assumptions, sorry I struck a nerve bro

Listen here faggot, I'm FED UP, absolutely FED UP with all these retarded powerlifters who do nothing all day but masturbate, watch anime then go to their 24 hour gym at 3 in the morning because they're too AUTISTIC to interact with anyone, coming on Veeky Forums and trying to LECTURE us ATHLETES. Do you have any idea how much we train? What skills our sports involve not to mention the superior fitness levels? Of course you don't. WHO GIVES A FUCK about your "bearmode" or your pathetic display of strength by literally lifting a barbell off the ground in different positions? You understand you have ZERO respect or appreciation from the community in general, right? You understand Veeky Forums.ORG/FIT/ is the only and I mean THE ONLY place in the universe where anyone cares about how much someone can squat, deadlift or bench? Of course you don't. You're probably a virgin and a born-again christian after browsing too much /pol/. Tell me, do you feel sinful after every single one of your 100 daily masturbations? That figurine on your shelf? That's PLASTIC, not a real woman ok? Now fuck off and go back to your gym where you can lift away the regret of not being good at any REAL SPORT.

>implying OP isn't American football
hue

>struck a nerve

I'm not the one who has been looking towards athletes with jealousy since high school and still not happy, decided to see them workout so you could feel better about yourself and your purist form.

I'm talking about sports in general. People who only lift have a huge inferiority complex towards athletes.
>I'm bigger
>I have better form
>I can lift heavier things up and put them downn

Those are basically the three reactions they have towards anyone who has the athletic skills they lack.

So is this gonna be a thing now?

>Also zero coordination with a ball

Wow, something that matters even less than the amount someone can diddylift.

Yeah go apply for a scholarship with your lifting stats.

if these guys would want to they could train for a sport

If those footballers would want to they could train to be powerlifters (or whatever the fuck you call yourselves).

>playing a sport in highschool makes you an athlete

too bad 99.99% of these 'athletes' have to study and find a job just like everyone else after they finish highschool.

I lost it at the born again Christian part.

Posting in the new pasta thread.

American football players are literally put under oxygen mask after 10 seconds of play

they were probably talking low-bar,half rep,cheat squats
thats what they taught my football team to do in highschool

Tfw 99.99% of people with athletic scholarships go on to work a regular job because they weren't as tall as the other guy and never got to go pro.

But I'm the loser because I chose to workout recreationally and go to college for something worth a fuck

being good at sports is meaningless when you're an adult. you arent gonna make it in the pros.

you just look like someone stuck in the past

Well at least they had some experience with competition and teamwork. Unlike what Veeky Forums taught you, those things are extremely important in life and you don't gain them by going to the gym.

Case in point:

time.com/money/4226158/college-student-athlete-life-outcomes-gallup/

forbes.com/sites/davidkwilliams/2013/10/02/why-you-should-fill-your-company-with-athletes/#774e065e1f99

Do you mention your squat, dl and bp in your CV bro? You can be sure anyone who played a sport in school or university mentions it.

>having to act like a circus animal to get your uni paid

lol, america...

True the financial benefit and being a chad in hs are the 2 reasons to play football.

>lol, america...
The only places with relevant universities are the US and UK. In both countries you have to pay to study. Only difference is in America you have the option of doing it by being good at a sport.

I really don't give a shit about your Utrecht Polytechnic Institute or how your government offers you "higher education" free of charge.

Somewhat agree. I see it more with adult slow pitch/softball leagues. They are the ones who peaked in high school.

>Utrecht Polytechnic Institute

kek, you have no idea how close to home you got.

>Do you mention your squat, dl and bp in your CV bro?

I think i'm going to do this for shits and giggles. Might even be a good idea because anything that shows dedication is smart to put on your CV.

>The only places with relevant universities are the US and UK.

and you can forget about them if you dont have rich parents. don't matter how good you are with balls.

>being bigger and stronger isn't an advantage in American football
top zozzle

>Cites one study that doesn't even fully confirm your point

Also, which do you think would get you hired, actual qualifications or telling someone that you were pretty good at tossing a ball, but not good enough to make a living from it.

>have huge friend who played football and wrestled in hs. is now in the army
>one time when he was back and we were getting drunk i said we should go to the gym
>he was down
>i asked him his best numbers and he said 435x3 squat
>my jaw fucking dropped
i realize now that they were probs football-style quarter squats, but dude was/is huge so i was inclined to believe him

well, i agree playing team sports improves your social skills and you'd probably get more connections that way to get a good internship or whatever. but i doubt there is much difference if you weren't an autist in the first place.