ITT:: Post pics of Japanese soldiers from the 1920s, 1930s and WWII

ITT:: Post pics of Japanese soldiers from the 1920s, 1930s and WWII.

World War Two at this point has become a meme for brainlets, however there still isn't a lot of threads dedicated to the Imperial Japanese Army on Veeky Forums imo. I created a thread making fun of the Japanese for their weeb autism during WWII and creating such shit weapons and tanks a few weeks ago. However, I still do like the images that came out from this time period and the appearance of a Japanese soldier during the 1920s, 30s, etc. They might have been savages, and their conduct during the war in China and in the Pacific was horrendous and barbaric given how the Japs viewed their non-Japanese counterparts with distain and contempt, viewing them as a superior race destined to rule Asia. So with that said, post pics of the IJA from basically almost any time period when the Empire of Japan was still around as a state.

I'll bite

I have a few

Nice resolution

>Creating shit weapons and tanks
Like what? The only shit weapon that Japan produced that I can think of is the Type 94 Nambu pistol, everything else Japan made was at least competent. When it comes to tanks, yeah the tanks they used in combat were garbage against the American tanks. Although the tanks Japan did use were designed to fight the Chinese who only had cheap Vickers export tanks and T-26's. The Japanese did upgrade their Chi-Ha "medium" tanks and mounted a new turret and better gun, this gave them an actual fighting chance against American Sherman's, but it was still a Chi-Ha. The actual competent tanks Japan made were kept for homeland defense and so never used in combat. Probably the best tank Japan made was actually a Tank Destroyer, the Type 5 Ho-Ri. Only 5 was built and obviously wasn't used in combat.

In regards to their "savagery", Japan were probably the worst in the war when it came to war crimes committed by soldiers not under order. Although they were quite tame compared to armies of the past and blah blah here's a picture of Japanese soldiers crewing a Type 97 20mm AT Rifle.

The ISIS of their time

Here's hopefully a better one

There is still JUSTICE in the end.

Well they're fucked :/

Here's a good color photo of Japanese marines during the Invasion of the Philippines.

This savagery is natural result of troops foraging for themselves. Faulty logistic, not supplies from home(or very limited), forced requisition from peasants, peasant resist so you kill them, starving peasants from you taken food resist or join resistance so you kill them next time when you take food, etc. And when you kill them it would be a waste to not rape some women or cruelty to leave kids starving to death. So you kill them all after all.
There is also issue of soldiers operating far from chain of command and high command not enforcing/or not being able enforce discipline(for various reason).
Similar thing happen on Eastern front.

Some more colored photos of Japanese troops

She's killed in the end of course, not sure if she got raped though.

From old Japanese news paper.

She looks happy.

Yes, it's also called courage, to face death and sacrifice for defending her motherland.

And it came in the form of the US Marine and Soldier

Mauser action folded one mirrion times.

>WW2 is a meme
Well thats innevitable, but to say its for brainlets is to give up the fight. You can be a WW2boo and still conduct intelligent discussion.

They are so cute desu

>colored
Ummm racist and sexist much?

Trust us prease

Hoped they fucking drowned

The type 96 was inaccurate, the type 38 was underpowered compared to western rifles, the type 11 was a walking meme, the type 100 had the stopping power and range of a slingshot, etc etc

>the type 38 was underpowered compared to western rifles
pretty irrelevant, a rifle round is a rifle round

>The type 96 was inaccurate
That's actually a good thing for a suppression weapon. The Bren, for example, was too accurate and as a result sucked at suppression.

Considering almost zero general infantry soldiers in WW2 were issued body armor, muh stoppin powah is almost a non factor, especially when we're talking about rifles.
6.5 Jap would still kill at the average combat engagement range.
Furthermore, the action of the Type 38 is widely regarded as being one of the most robust of WW2, as well as being a smooth shooter, which can be argued is an equally important factor in a rifle design.

Kempetai secret police

If I recall the Soviets did actually have body armor.

It was heavy so it was only issued in urban environments, but it would stop 9mm rounds.

>30 round mags for a suppression weapon
for what purpose

Didn't Chinese start doing that themselves a few years later anyway?

>Bren was too accurate to provide suppressing fire
You better be meming with me user

I would like to see Prime Imperial Japanese army unleashed in todays middle east.

>The Bren, for example, was too accurate and as a result sucked at suppression

t.lindybeige

of course you don't mention the type 99, the best rifle produced in WW2

Good ole dag-meat

>best infantry rifle
You mean the garand?

>Japanese were ev-

Were they secretly black? Dey wuz kangz?

Japan is a nation of peace desu. Behead those who insult Shintoism and the Empahru!

No, only Taiwanese separatists(e.g. DPP) nowadays are doing this, which is why ROC can never retake mainland China anymore and they're destined to be annexed by PRC. They not only lost mandate of heaven but also lost their spirit and sanity, all they care about is how to satisfy their faggotory degeneracy and forced diversity like most first world western countries today. I hope Japan don't end up like that.

this "axis of evil mass murders" meme is really stupid

it's called execution of prisoners of war

when you are captured in war it is mercy that can be revoked at any time according to the judgement of your captors

where the fuck do you people get your morality? seriously.

>when you are captured in war it is mercy that can be revoked
>where the fuck do you people get your morality? seriously.

Really? You want to stir shit up again huh? Looks like 2 really weren't enough.

Type 97 Shinhoto Chi Ha, captured at Iwo Jima

>claim to be superior to other Asians
>have to use Chinese characters that fit their language awkwardly because too brainlet to invent a writing system

really makes you think

Based Jap soldier

Bumped for interest

>record scratch
>zooms in towards the Chinese prisoner
Hehe yep, that's me. Bet ya are wondering how I ended up like this? Well its a long story.

Europe was de-facto the Middle East of the 20th century so it's not like they were that far off.

>le war crime

Is that the monopoly man?

I wonder how many Americans actually died by sword in the pacific.

No too many actually, I can't remember the book i read that actually gave an estimate on how many died or were wounded but I know quite a few Americans were slashed on Saipan when the Japs launched their sneak attack on sleeping GIs

>Japs
You know, that's really racist, homophobic, misogynist, Islamophobic, bigoted and sexist to say about the Japanese and other POC. The Japanese are not a racial slur, they are human beings with real feelings. Fucking shit lords.

The honorable men of Japan strikes again

FUUUUUUUCK their leg wraps are so fucking aesthetic, I fucking love those things.

I'm assuming there's someone in here who knows about japanese culture and especially the early 20th century one - where does that 2-raised-arms tennoheikabanzai-greeting come from? And how is it looked on today? Is it treated like heiling in modern Germany, or is it so disconnected from that era that no one cares etc?

Good point

Would you prefer we use marine corps slang? We can bring back Japes if you want

I think those IJA caps with the sunshade are really cool looking as well.

shitloads in the aleutians

>When u see an unrecruited civilian male of military age.

What did they mean by this?

Statistically irrelevant numbers.
But probably a bit more than you'd think.

A "'''''"""happy""""" Russian POW

Happy Tojo