Enlighten me on eggs Veeky Forums

Enlighten me on eggs Veeky Forums

How bad is two eggs a day for you and how does it affect the body? I'm a poorfag and eggs are very cheap around here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ
nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250206
health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/chapter-1/a-closer-look-inside-healthy-eating-patterns/#dietary-cholesterol
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160211083044.htm
uef.fi/-/runsaskolesterolisen-ruoan-tai-munien-syonti-ei-lisaa-sydaninfarktin-riskia-edes-perinnollisesti-alttiilla?inheritRedirect=true&redirect=/en/etusivu
fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/Metals/ucm319948.htm
nature.com/nrendo/journal/v11/n7/full/nrendo.2015.76.html
nutritionreviews.oxfordjournals.org/content/72/12/741
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i eat like 6 eggs a day and have no problems

Please don't throw away the yolk. It's a waste of money and the cholesterol in it is actually good for you.
You should generally make sure you're getting enough protein, as the sticky says. Eggs have a good amount.

do people on this board actually throw away yolks?

I eat on average 4 eggs a day.

I've never heard of anything notably bad about eggs
I suppose the only thing to do to improve the way you eat eggs would be to hard boil them, as opposed to frying them.

Eat at least a half dozen a day.

Christ, I hope not.

Are steamed eggs a thing?

Raw eggs with milk and vanilla essence.

Boosts test imho

Occasional salmonella helps cut

I throw half of them away so my fats don't get too high

Always drink orange juice with them.
The vitamin C is pretty much the only nutrient they lack.

Doesn't make a difference whether you steam or boil them

C'MON, 2 DOZENS

Literally google the nutrirional facts and compare with the recommended daily intake

Apparently

I eat 6-7 eggs a day. Buy them for ultimate test gains

>the cholesterol in it is actually good for you

lmao rip your heart

I fry 3 eggs in a little bit of olive oil every morning for breakfast.

It's not bad for you. There's a long standing myth that dietary and blood cholesterol levels are correlative, but in reality there is hardly a relationship between the two. Saturated fats contribute much more to blood cholesterol levels.

That's not an opinion. That's a belief. An opinion is like "this tastes good." Where as a belief is like "if you eat a pound of rocks, your glycogen reserves will increase 300%"

For someone who is just getting back into exercise since I realizes I don't wanna be a fat fuck whats a good amount of eggs to eat and also raw or cooked in a specific way

If you decide to eat a bunch of eggs, try to keep it below 5 a day. 5 eggs is like 250% of the DV for cholesterol, and honestly I wouldn't even push it that far unless you do cardio quite often.

I eat 5-10 eggs everyday since im 15(Im now 33). My annual physical health exam says im 100% ok.

Im fairly active tho

mens health: the author

As long as it doesn't bump up your calories you're fine. Just don't put ketchup on them.

2 eggs a day is perfect in my opinion, as long as you're eating 60+g fiber a day

mom science

I don't think so. The reason high cholesterol/saturated fat is correlated with CVD is because that's an excellent marker of a shitty diet low in fiber and micros and high in garbage

dude 1 egg is just under the DV for cholesterol

The ones I eat show 63% per egg.

so mom science

Humans are ment to eat fruit, not eggs.

Vegan pls go

Also

My chickens lay like 5 or 6 eggs a day and I eat them all and I haven't died yet

>it has cholesterol, therefore it's bad
Confirmed for not knowing basic nutrition. It's shit like this that allows the myths to continue.

I'll clear it up to you: the people who tend to have really bad cholesterol levels (high LDL, low HDL, and unoptimal HDL:LDL ratios) are the ones who have extremely shitty diets to begin with--they just so happen to eat a lot of eggs. The studies thst show eggs = bad are ones that have extremely poor methodology and the bias are extremely easy to see if you look at them.

The only reason the "one egg per day" myth that still exists is becauss of these studies that vilify them. Of course, no one actuslly reads them, or just reads the abstract--not the methods or results where you can see the glaring flaws. As an example, remember a recent JAMA article that confirmed the obesity paradox that fat people loved to throw out? Yes, it did confirm it. But, if you read the paper, the authors included CANCER PATIENTS into the thin group.

You got to learn about research methodology. It's how you can spot good from bad studies. Of course, all studies have flaws, hence why they include a sybsection called "limitations" in the "Discussion" section.

We're meant to eat both.

alright so are eggs good for you or not? you guys keep going back and forth on the good or bad scale

Depends on the rest of your diet obviously, the only foods that are objectively 'good for you' are vegetables

I have been eating 4-6 scrambled eggs for breakfast almost every day for 3 years.

I'm not dead yet. Don't fall for le cholesterol meme

Which vegetables?

the only bad thing about eggs is that I can't make them sunny side up to save my fucking life

Also when I break the yolk I get super pissed and can't just make it scrambled that's not the point

the green ones

Just gotta grease the pan good so it doesn't stick. Once the egg sticks the whole thing is fucked.

How are your shits?

>orange juice
>vitamin

you're getting jewed, dumbass

eat actual oranges

Not to mention they add lots of sugar to it.

>butter pan lightly
> put eggs in pan
>put lid on pan
>Cook on med heat
Heat with lid on cooks the eggs from the top to get that perfect tv style sunny side up eggs

youtube.com/watch?v=PNLcwqUOXfQ

60 eggs a week, going on about 2 years now. Bloodwork of an athlete, test of a pubescent boy. 30 years old

Non starchy ones

>I have been smoking 4-6 cigarettes with breakfast almost every day for 3 years.
>I'm not dead yet. Don't fall for le cancer meme

the Gods are good.

you have no idea what you are fucking talking about.

I just buy egg whites now and drink them in smoothies.

Eggs raise cholesterol because dietary cholesterol raises cholesterol. There is a consensus based on the highest grade available evidence that eating more than 1 egg a day has significant negative health implications both for healthy people, but especially for diabetics. There is no controversy about the fact that people with diabetes should avoid eggs, whereas there is limited controversy about the question of whether 1 egg a day makes a difference compared to 0 eggs. You can go through a full analysis of all the evidence here
nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250206

Dietary cholesterol is absorbed into the bloodstream and cholesterol remains elevated for several hours after a meal high in cholesterol. Even if we assume that dietary cholesterol has no long-term effect on fasting cholesterol (which is false), this alone means that consuming a lot of cholesterol results in running around with a ton of excess cholesterol in your blood 50%+ of the day, which has deleterious effects on various parts of the body.

Most of the studies which find no negative health impact from egg consumption are directly tied to the egg industry, or front groups that work for the egg industry (such as Exponent Inc. and others). These flawed studies typically make use of the fact that people with very high cholesterol levels experience only a small increase in blood cholesterol from additional dietary cholesterol, whereas healthy people with low blood cholesterol levels react most strongly. If your diet and body are already fucked up the ass sideways, one more egg isn't going to have a noticeable impact.

The cuttingfags probably do. It's got a higher calories to protein ratio than the white. Seems like a huge waste of tasty yolks though, personally I'd use powder to hit my macros if I was being that anal.

>the cholesterol in it is actually good for you
Citations needed.

Not sure why you'd want to. People steam veggies to minimize nutrients leaching into the water, that's not something that happens with eggs. There'd be no benefit over boiling or poaching.

Raw eggs are a stupid meme. Cooked eggs actually become more bioavailable.

Humans evolved to eat an omnivorous diet.

Living the life, buddy. I wish i had the space to keep some chooks.

Use a decent non-stick pan with butter or olive oil and a medium to low heat. Be very fucking patient and resist the urge to scrape the eggs around or flip them.

A lid over the pan speeds up the process and makes them cook more evenly, but makes the yolks go cloudy.

Those studies are over a decade old. Cholesterol is no longer a concern. From the same site you linked, the new USDA guidelines exclude cholesterol limit, but warn about foods rich in cholesterol are also rich in saturated fat, and for this reason should be eaten in moderation - eggs and shellfish are fine because they are low in saturated fat.

health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/chapter-1/a-closer-look-inside-healthy-eating-patterns/#dietary-cholesterol

Those guidelines are not based on any valid science and they are not in line with what the rest of the world is saying on dietary cholesterol. The primary problem here is that the USDA is deeply entwined with industry and if you look at their specific reasoning for removing the limit on cholesterol, you will find study after study funded by the egg industry. Since it is difficult to crack the cholesterol limit without cracking the SFA limit eating just meat and dairy, the egg industry more so than other animal-based producers has an exceptional interest in confusing the public about the harms of dietary cholesterol.

I eat 1 egg every 2 days. This thread is filled with binge eaters.

The studies you talk about are ALL outdated. And the link you posted earlier is from the USDA, for studies carried out or funded by the USDA, but suddenly the USDA is no longer "valid science" because you've been blown the fuck out.

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/

I don't consider Harvard a valid source on nutritional information. This same clown assembly argues against the consumption of potatoes based on studies that include French fries as a form of potatoes (50% calories from oil). One reason for this is that David Ludwig works at Harvard, and Ludwig is a known pro-fat anti-sugar shill in the vein of Taubes, who is obsessed with the outdated and useless concept of the glycemic index and the insulin hypothesis as a way to demonize carbohydrates.

Conspiracy theory: the post

Who cares whether you think it's valid or not once you cannot disprove the new studies. Come out as you are and post that link we've all been waiting for. :^)

Makes one wonder why people in Europe would also find that dietary cholesterol isn't the problem.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160211083044.htm

uef.fi/-/runsaskolesterolisen-ruoan-tai-munien-syonti-ei-lisaa-sydaninfarktin-riskia-edes-perinnollisesti-alttiilla?inheritRedirect=true&redirect=/en/etusivu

How are white potatoes not nutritionally shit?

>Ask people what they ate over the past 4 days
>Wait 20 years
>See if they developed heart disease
>Find no correlations
Epic, just epic

They're a good source of fiber, potassium and some other stuff, they're a complete protein (provides 100% of lysine and methionine on an all-potato diet, unlike most plant foods), they're also very filling. They're a staple food, they're not required to provide all your micronutritients, that's why you have vegetables and fruits. Not any better or worse than rice (well, rice is actually worse though)

boil 5 eggs
Throw away the yolks

put pecans, cup of sugar, chocolate and 6 eggs in a blender
bake for 30mins at 350° F
powder with powdered sugar

blend boiled black beans
add salt pepper onion powder garlic powder
add egg whites throw away the yolks, mash into patties, grill till ready

Eggs are great for protein and for healthy fats and cholesterol, both of which are essential for test production.

Why are you even trying to be funny? A 20 year assessment of cohorts is far more more reliable that a 30 day, 3 week wash-out, 30 day period from the ancient Ballesteros et al, 2004 study you posted.

Contain your stupidity. There's zero reason for you to keep dismissing the newer studies done by people infinitely more knowledgeable than you out of ignorance.

Wow, some marketing material you got there. How many shekels does APRE pay you? White potatoes have barely any phytochemicals (white potato starch is in fact a pro-oxidant) compared to whole grain rice, especially the red/black varieties. That's more important than protein, micronutrients, and satiety which come along naturally with literally any sensible combination of non-processed foods.

Just come out as a vegan already.

Potatoniggers blown the fuck out

>he fell for the cholesterol meme

Egg related question.

I usually fry my eggs in the bacon grease from the bacon I cooked.

When the package says that a slice of bacon is 90 calories, does that include the grease in the pan or just the finished bacon slice with minimal grease?

Whole grain rice contains so much inorganic arsenic that it's recommended to limit consumption to twice a week, enjoy your cancer I guess. This is just getting funnier by the post, humanoids have been consuming starchy tubers for hundreds of thousands of years, the consumption of brown rice is a novelty, in no small part because brown rice tastes like shit, and rice bran is exceptionally rich in phytic acid which blocks mineral absorption of whatever you're consuming at the time. And potato starch is not a potato. Phytochemicals are practically nonexistent in starch staples compared to vegetables, so this is about the dumbest thing you could bring up. They're not a significant source of anything.

Apparently having any critical view whatsoever of any one animal product whatsoever must make me a vegan, never mind that I consume animal products daily

>inorganic arsenic
> twice a week

Ok this guy is clearly trolling at this point. The only result I found online about this was "Shape" magazine.

The FDA clearly states that you will have no ill effects from eating rice on their website (as long as you don't only eat it kiddo :^) too much of a good thing is bad)

fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/Metals/ucm319948.htm

OP here, what a shit show this turned out to be. Going ahead with it since my diet is pretty clean

t. ameriburger

I eat 12 ostrich eggs a day and it's just great.

>Be very fucking patient
>Once the egg sticks the whole thing is fucked.

This thread is giving me flashbacks to every shitty omelet I've ever made. You don't know how many times I've realized my eggs were doomed and just scrambled them out of frustration

Do you eat them fertilized or not? This change everything!

>The only result I found online about this was "Shape" magazine
Then you must not be very good with computers, gramps.
Why you choose to worship the FDA like some amerifat is beyond me, the EFSA, FAO and other organizations (including Chinese and Thai, and consumer organizations like ConsumperReports and EWG) have much less liberal attitudes about arsenic in rice, in fact there already is a legal limit on arsenic in rice in China and the EU, but not the US

>Whole grain rice contains so much inorganic arsenic that it's recommended to limit consumption to twice a week, enjoy your cancer I guess.
Daww, is babby too impaired to source his rice correctly? Don't be projecting your cognitive disability onto others now!

>This is just getting funnier by the post, humanoids have been consuming starchy tubers for hundreds of thousands of years, the consumption of brown rice is a novelty
What kind of shitty reasoning is this? Humanoids have been flinging shit at each other for hundreds of thousands of years and high IQ is a novelty. Guess you should start doing the former as you clearly already have the latter.

>because brown rice tastes like shit
How many extra chromosomes do I have to install to get that pleb palate of yours?

>rice bran is exceptionally rich in phytic acid which blocks mineral absorption of whatever you're consuming at the time
Phytic acid binds to a trivially small fraction of dietary minerals (most of which are cleaved and made available for absorption again by bacterial phytase after the microbiome adapts) unless you're on a highly refined mineral deficient diet and is actually one of the compounds responsible for the health promoting-effects of whole grains like protection against colon cancer.

>And potato starch is not a potato.
No, but purple potato starch protects against postprandial oxidative stress. Goes to show just how shitty white potatoes are.

>Phytochemicals are practically nonexistent in starch staples compared to vegetables, so this is about the dumbest thing you could bring up. They're not a significant source of anything.
Maybe white potatoes, otherwise you're just making stuff up. The unique phytochemicals found in whole grains are why they are so good for you.

nature.com/nrendo/journal/v11/n7/full/nrendo.2015.76.html
nutritionreviews.oxfordjournals.org/content/72/12/741

>Occasional Salmonella helps with the cut.
My fucking sides