I can safely bench 80kg for 8 reps would it be unsafe to try 100kg today? I will be alone

I can safely bench 80kg for 8 reps would it be unsafe to try 100kg today? I will be alone

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n_OdXKfSp-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yolo senpai

i can bench that for 5 and have a 205 max, although i haven't tried maxing again in a while

DO IT PUSSY

Dumbass there's a mountain of difference between say, 85% of your capacity and 95%.

try 90kg first , then 95kg, if you even can.

Do it without clips and simply dump the weights if you can't get it up. If you fail midway up gently lower it onto your tensed chest and then lean the bar to one side, the weight will fall off one side and then the bar will slam to the heavy side making you free. It's embarrassing at a big gym but if you're at a big gym you could simply ask someone to spot you if you aren't an autist

You're not an autist right?

maybe he has a home gym or is ultra autistic

Why are you trying to max without a spotter? Be smart now.

I go when the gym is mostly empty cause in peak times it's a fucking nightmare

Literally don't have any friends that lift I like to train alone to.

youtube.com/watch?v=n_OdXKfSp-Y

Learn how to roll the bar OP...

this just don't crush your intestines

That's a 25% increase in weight and probably your 1RM. Go for it, just do the roll of shame if you fail.

literally me 2 months ago

i could 80 for 8 reps

done 100 by myself

expecting to die.

actually done 4 reps instead.

i can only do 105x5, yet i got 120 yesterday

you learn more lifting alone than anything
in fact, after a while, you stop posting questions like this (not shit talking) because you realize only you can know the answer.

it really comes from knowing your body though. which means pushing it. it doesn't have to fail, exactly, but the more you push beyond what you assume you can do pain wise, health wise. comfort wise, judgement wise, the more you start pretty clearly defining what you are able to, but, how much effort you are willing to give.

once you start thinking like that, you dont even ask the question. you just start preparing for the lift--committing to doing as much of it that you can do. resting. then trying again in a couple days.

>ask someone else to spot you
>use the powerrack and set the safety bars at your ROM level
DO NOT DO THIS if you're at a commercial gym they might revoke your membership, or worse, the swinging bar might hit somebody and seriously hurt him, just ask someone for a spot and explain them that they should only help if you really struggle or tell them to help.
I've had people support my lifts when I was still very capable of pushing it, and it got on my nerves enough that I rarely ask for a spot anymore.

btw I did 80 for reps and never achieved dat dere 100kg bench, 90 was already a good increase

can confirm, tried dumping the weights and the bar slingshotted off me

just go at a non busy time and use the cage if you wanna check maxes

Just flex your abs.

100kg? Go for 120 nigga, yolo

>I will be alone

we all will OP

why don't you use rails/catchers or a squat-rack.

i go to failure on my last set most times i bench

Sure, just be ready for roll of shame.

like to see him roll 100kg of his neck

O-of course not h-haha...

I did this once and bruised my ribs/ hurt my penis.

8 x 80kg = 640kg

Your one rep max is therfore 640kg

100kg is no problem

DYEL

Kek

because you're reducing the ROM, there is only so low you can go until the bar is sitting on the rails.

pmsl clueless

>neck
How are you benching that the weight is above your neck?

you set the catchers so they are just below your chest. If you fail, unarch and let the bar lower slightly to the catchers.

This.