Welp, you gotta start somewhere

Welp, you gotta start somewhere.

Bought this today since you guys said "lift something"

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Horrible purchase.

Unless you're buying a rack, bench, barbell and plates, don't even bother, just goto a gym.

Just be careful not to drop those or anything. Easy as fuck to break.

Gotta start somewhere right babe?

Better than nothing OP. Start doing calisthenics and use the dumbells to add weight when you can. You should buy a backpack and throw weights in there for weighted pushups and shit too, maybe even a pullups bar.

Its fine op, i started off with two 7kg dumbbells when i was 15 and had no money for the gym.

At about the same age (40 years ago) I got a set of cast iron 20lb dumbbells.

Gotta start somewhere.

reddit

U seddit

Better than nothing senpai. Plenty of dumbbell and bodyweight routines out there, get started with those. As a warning you may outgrow the 40lb weights relatively quickly for some exercises.

>all these "gotta start somewhere" posts

Sure is summer in here. Yes, you do have to start somewhere, but that doesn't mean some places arent a better place to start than others.

Get a fucking gym membership you retard. I wasted a year doing retarded dumbbell shit at my house and regretted it.

Join a gym you fucking melt

I do at home dumbel and barbell routines and my cardio is running.

Dont listen to haters, starting like this is just fine and some of us are too far from a gym.

Stfu with summer shit, nobody cares that you've lurked for more than a month and figured out the meme.

Also yeah you won't sed optimal muscle gains but if you're a fatty just trying to change your lifestyle, go for it

>join a gym they said
>locker room horsing around is fun they said

Newbie here.

I did what op did and bought a set of dumbells, primarially because i live in fuck nowhere.

I have been just using the lesser weights and increasing reps rather than increasing weight.

Am i fucking myself?

>Sure is summer in here. Yes, you do have to start somewhere, but that doesn't mean some places arent a better place to start than others
Nobody ever claimed it was optimal though did they?

Has anyone in the history of mankind ever made decent gains with this shite

Yeah, if you're going above 15 reps your aren't doing jack. Stay around the 8-12 rep range. Can't do everything with dumbells you should try finding a calisthenics routine and use the dumbells to just add weight to it. Plus throw in some good dumbell lifts as accessories.

People have made decent gains with calisthenics so calisthenics+dumbell=???

>Gold's Gym meme

Yeah, I bought it too, but I'm immediately getting a gym membership soon. I just want to break out of the laziness by doing workout at home.

cancel order, replace with pullup bar.
the only useful cheap homegym item.

check craigslist if you really want weights, but unless you invest in a bench and / or rack + barbell, plates etc you're better off going to a cheap gym with such equip.

Really?

Ive been doing like sets of 50 reps with these or until i cant go anymore.

I feel exhausted and sore after, does it really not do anything?

strength is gained in low reps and high weight. medium weights are used in bodybuilding, low weight and high reps is basically the worst cardio possible.

You can build arms with that OP, but that's pretty much it, maybe some chest, add calisthenics or just go to the gym

You're not lifting, you're doing cardio m8...

But seriously stick to

Fuck.

Well, the closest gym is a snap fitness. Guess ill have to fucking bite the bullet and get screwed for whatever fee they want.

Plus im not sure if they have free weights, i remember reading in the sticky that machines will give me muscle herpes or something.

Do i go for the snap fitness or do whatever the hell caletonics is

OP you can go the calisthenics route and add weight as most people suggested.
Just make sure you have a place to do pullups/chinups and horizontal rows, buy a pullup bar if you don't.

Alternativelly you can look up programs like the dumbbell stopgap if you can buy/improvise a bench. I don't know what's the max weight on those dumbbells but you might outgrow it in a short time though...

You guys are all idiots.

If all op gets out of it is the habit of lifting weights, then it's worth it.

NOT THOSE YOU TARD

JESUS

poorfag: bodyweight until you can afford shit 2nd hand.

maybe somebody has that pic saved of bodyweight exercise progression, coz there's a lot of ways to raise the challenge and not get stuck doing crunches and wide handed pushups forever

It's a start bro, don't listen to these 'you gotta get to the gym' comments, it's complete bullshit.

You can build a body out of DYEL mode with dumbbells alone.

Get an adjustable bench and a pull bar of some sort, and follow this:
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html

Start saving up for a better set of dumbbells, one that are plates and a longer bar, and then you can buy plates to increase weight up to 100lbs when you're ready