youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement/videos
youtube.com/user/trdic/videos
youtube.com/user/bboySaza/videos
youtube.com/user/GoldMedalBodiesVids
youtube.com/user/DemonDrills/videos
youtube.com/user/slizzardman/videos

>Books
>Overcoming Gravity
thepiratebay.se/torrent/7663751/Overcoming_Gravity_(gnv64)

>Foundation 1+2 and Handstand 1
kickass.to/mastering-gst-pdf-2014-ubtrg-t8577688.html

>Foundation 3+4, Handstand 2 and Rings 1
kickass.to/mastering-gst-2-foundation-three-foundation-four-handstand-two-and-rings-one-pdf-t9160432.html#main

>Stretch course, Front Split
kickass.to/gb-stretch-course-front-split-wildturkey00-pdf-2015-ubtrg-t10296049.html

We don't need your /nogains/ general, fuck off.

That's alright. Not like you'll make gains with bodyweight or free weights.

> dyel hipster general

L-look at me I can do shit that chicks can do! N-no I'm not as strong as a girl h-ha ha

People call bodybuilding vain but isn't bodyweight more vain with the whole LOOK IT ME I CAN DO X

Ooh, what a reply, I'm fucking shaking, that was savage, will I ever recover?

Learn to sage, you amateur.

Look at this thread
People that usually shitpost in threads like:
>Veeky Forums how long it has been since she left you?
>tfw no gf
Now if full alpha rage mode.

Sstats and pic pls

You fucking insecure faggots.

Lifting and bodyweight training also, is the correct way to go.

Lifting for gains, BW for actual functional movements and joint training.

Thanks for all those links op.

Been doing body weight for 1 month now.

Lifting things and putting them back down again is boring but calisthenics are fun.

Plus I dont want to get huge anyway so this is great.

Awesome and glad to help but you won't get "huge" easily with weights either.

return to /asp/ where you were confined, DYEL

>mfw roided curlbros sage this thread

Why doesn't /OWG/ & /PLG/ go to asp? They are actually sports. This isn't the gymnastics general, it's bodyweight fitness, not a sport faggot

Oh my god, it's alive. I was on /asp/ searching everywhere, and through the archive, then on /sp/

Is this the official board for /BWG/ now?

Okay guys, I have a question.

I am able to do 4-5 strict ring pull-ups, slow, controlled, full ROM.

The thing is, I have been stalling for a little while and can't seem to find a way to progress to more reps.

What would your recommendations be ?

Also, I'm able to do them on a bar, if that matters in any way, but I usually do them with rings.

if you can do 5 strict pull-ups. Do something like 10x 3 reps 2-3 times a week. Do 10 sets even if you can only get 1-2 reps. So maybe you go 3, 3,3,3,2,2,1,1,1 until you hit 10 sets.Keep doing that until you can get the full set of 10x3. Then try 10x4 in the same method. If 10x3 is too hard. Try 10x2. Just add more volume and you'll progress.

Thanks, will definitely try it.

Also, once I achieve this, do you think I should add weight or start working on uneven/archer/towel pull ups ?

L- sit pull ups before those progressions.

You should start doing deadhangs with only 1 arm, it will help you a lot in developing the 1 arm chin/pull which i assume you are going for.

probably, /asp/ has gone to shit

Can someone explain why diamond pressups, shoulder width pressups and wide spaced pressups make a difference to what muscle you are doing?

chest is worked by shoulder flexion, while triceps is worked by elbow extension. by varying your hand position you can make these articulations move more or less under load, thus affecting the muscles worked

I really want to into bodyweight training but can't do a pull up or parallel bar dip. I have no gym access but can do 3/4 chin ups. Would I find these exercises easier after losing 10-15lb of fat? Would it help my pull ups and dips by adding weight to my push ups, and chin ups (once I hit 3 sets of 8)?

Okay, thanks again for the advice, really appreciated.

>Would I find these exercises easier after losing 10-15lb of fat?
yes, but it's easier to just assist yourself from the floor or in some other way at first

>Would it help my pull ups and dips by adding weight to my push ups, and chin ups (once I hit 3 sets of 8)?
yes, it would build strength

lol, I like you.
australians pullups wouldn't hurt.

can anybody in this thread even do a planche or is this just for push ups advice?

Why do I feel like BW training is too intense on a cut?

first post best post

I have a question. Can you retain gains doing bw exercises after you achieve some strength goals?

I'm doing SL 5x5 and after it I want to take 2 months bw only and yoga to recover a little and fix my shit.

I can planch and am now working on planch push ups. I can already do handstand push ups. I started with frogstand and a push ups at really high reps and soon enough I could do the planch.
Probably cause it's more effective than lifting for cutting.

What I mean by too intense, is too intense on my joints. I feel pain in my tendons/joints especially shoulders and knees, when doing l-sit, and pike pushups

yo niggers check out www.roughstrenght.com , the author alex does a solid job of teaching you not to be a pussy while delivering pretty solid advice on bw training.

Oh well in that case you should see a doctor m8.

I went from leg raises laying down to knee raises with my forearms on the back of 2 chairs.

The knee raises don't feel like they engage my abs as much. I thought they were supposed to do that, since they're the next step in the progression (in pic related).

Feels like my arms are doing all the work. But I really want to work my abs.

I used to be able to do handstand pushups but gained a lot of weight. lifted heavy for a while and lost the weight, but can still only do handstand pushups with a wall assist, or frog to handstand.
my question is, can I use the weight lifting to get an estimate on my progress? how much should I bench (BW ratio) before I can planche? how much should I ohp before I can do perfect hand stand push ups with my chin grazing the floor