Apple Cider Vinegar

Worth it or a meme? Tastes pretty terrible, but I'm cutting, and people say it can help aid weightloss along with other benefits like improving hair and clearing up skin.

I didn't see it on informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/snake-oil-supplements/ , hence asking here. Tons of websites shill it hard, but that goes for about any supplement, and that shit tastes pretty terrible, so I'm not too convinced it's worth it.

Also, post ways to make it more tolerable, how you drink it, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11826965
life-enhancement.com/magazine/article/2292-fat-reduction-consumption-of-acetic-acid-vinegar-suppresses-body-fat-accumulation-in-mice
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I chug a couple of shots throughout the day for allergy purposes.

It helps dry everything out in my sinus cavity, other than that I have no advice.

I just take a shot and chase it with water.

Shifting your gut PH suppresses appetite in general. Coffee works just as well, and doesnt erode your teeth or sap nutrients from your bones. Drinking vinegar is a one-way trip to having an eating disorder desu

why eating disorder?

From googling around a bit, tooth enamel decay and skin/throat irritation seem to be real issues with ACV.

Some sites claim it's good for potassium levels, some say it's bad, hard to know which one applies/is right.

Oh no is fish oil a meme?
Shiiiiiit

seems to basically be, but oh well

Taking a little bit every once in a while to fix any potential deficiencies can't hurt and isn't expensive.

3 tablespoons a day with water for 2 weeks now. Helps me with digestion, my skin broke out first few days but thats because the toxins are coming out, and now its way better than it ever was before with that slight glow.
Try it out and see it for yourself.
It also acts as a thermogenic. Good to pair with green tea in the morning before doing your fasted cardio.

do you space them out over the course of the day, or do you just eat the whole amount at once?

Took a shot in the morning and at night for almost a year. Never even had a runny nose that year.

Fish oil *cured* my hem'roid problem.
I was bleeding for nearly a decade.

>it's all true

Don't drink it, use it to cook with. Here is a recipe for a really tasty coleslaw i make all the time.

1/2 head of cabbage
1 onion
1 apple

1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp cayenne
salt and pepper

Slice the veggies and apple thinly and put in a mixing bowl. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a measuring cup and then mix into the salad. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.

This stuff is great on it's own or delicious with grilled or smoked meats.

Drinking vinegar... are you people brain dead

Don't be an autist dude. Please tell me this is bait. There is no way any of you are actually retarded enough to think chugging vinegar is going to make you lose fat. You're gonna rot your teeth with that shit and not only smell like shit from the vinegar smell, but also smell like shit from the halitosis when your mouth is dry as fuck all day. Stop being a lazy fuck and just continue cutting normally.

i drink it as a tea with ~1/4 tsp cayenne pepper(to boost metabolism) and sometimes with a lemon and/or a ginger root(maybe like 2/3rd hot water 1/3rd ACV, or 3/4hot water 1/4ACV).....

Not rly what ur asking for, honestly i just like the taste of vinegar so it doesnt bother me, but u can try adding honey into it. Also if ur gonna get into it, get the organic bottle, theres microbes in it that get removed from non-organic bottles, which make it better 4 u.

Try it on watermelon

many people seem to do it. You can find a bunch of sources online that say it will actually whiten your teeth and improve breath.

It whitens your teeth because it's stripping the enamel to fresh untouched enamel. You'll burn past that eventually and begin to experience tooth decay.

For people wondering, you're supposed to drink it with a straw and diluted with water

Biochem grad here. Acetic acid has been linked to a few health benefits. In one study it was shown to help reduce blood pressure in rats and several other studies have shown it to help with diabetes and fatty acid oxidation.

Here is the abstract to the rat study:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11826965

Another link to an article on possible health benefits with sources:
life-enhancement.com/magazine/article/2292-fat-reduction-consumption-of-acetic-acid-vinegar-suppresses-body-fat-accumulation-in-mice

The studies are done on rodents which is not a perfect analog to the human body but they are mammals so you could make the assumption that a human consuming acetic acid would receive the same effects. Don't waste your money buying the raw or unfiltered stuff for three times the price of the store brand apple cider vinegar. The chemical that affects your body is acetic acid, not the other crap left over from fermentation.

Is this thread serious? I occasionally do it because it has some benefits and tastes nice diluted, but I read posts like
and just get really confused

I throw a few spoonfuls into my brotein shake

i guess i should say .. in a coffe cup, but i assumed it was obvious since i said as a tea

Those problems can be mitigated bf taking the acv with 8. Oz of water to dilute it in. I take acv everyday mainly to help my insulin levels. I have Pcos which comes with insulin resistance and the acv has really helped my symptoms. If I don't take my acv ill get light headed and dizzy when I workout. With the acv I have more stable energy w/o any dizziness. Acv 100% works for helping maintain insulin levels at the very least

>just because its not a.pill my doctor gave me it wont work
Its shown to be just as effective as prescription medications such as metaformin. Turmeric has also been shown to work just as effectively as anti depression medications. Where do you think the stuff in the pills comes from?

>erode your teeth
>what is a straw

Wew lads

I'm talking about the 'metabolism' garbage