QTDDTOT

QUESTIONS THAT DON'T DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD
--------------------------------------------------------------

Is it normal to spend 1-1:30 hours doing SS at the gym? I would like to try another routine (like Zyzz's) but I'm afraid I'll be hours there since it takes me so long to be done with SS.

Other urls found in this thread:

vitaminshoppe.com/p/bodytech-beta-alanine-5-1-oz-powder/vs-2699
walmart.com/ip/47905228?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227036072778&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=79431841712&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=153525187232&veh=sem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1h30 seems just fine.

I overate my TDEE without reaching my protein macros (50g/120g). Do I go even higher over it and reach my macros or do I call it a day?

Forgot to mention this was a gym day.

Call it a day.

there's already a qtddtot

I wanna fuck my fat up in a real hurry.

What fat burners, appetite suppressants, and other items should I use?

I'm at a caloric deficit and i'm frequently lifting. I've got a vacation planned to Mexico with a group from my Alma Mater and I wanna be low bf%

DNP

I've got 2 questions Veeky Forums. What's the difference between clean/dirty bulking and what exactly is a lean bulk?

I've been lifting for a few months now while on a caloric deficit and I feel like my body's hitting its limit of veing able to gain strength/muscle while on a cut.

Clean bulk
> As much as you want of whatever you want whenever you want it

Lean bulk
>A clean bulk at around 200-300kcal surplus.

Im new to the gym. Im freaking out over free weigths and squatting. Im also scared of the bench press. Mostly beacuse i think my lifting form is wrong and i will look stupid.

[spoiler]Dont even bother, i dont have any friends to noone can help me IRL[/spoiler]

So my question was, what can i do?

Sounds about right.

Are you bulking or cutting?
Bulk - yes
Cut - no

>fat burners
Don't
>appetite suppressants
Lots of water, lots of raw green veggies. High protein. Willpower.

Start off light so there's minimal risk of injuring yourself or getting stuck under the bar. See if you can film your form and self-critique or post it here. Use YouTube videos to pick up tips. Try to make a friend at the gym?

Is Trappy still alive?

I do 232 pound calve lifts in the leg press and my right calve is 1 inch less in diameter than my left. What can I do to correct my right calve? It's noticeable.

(I also bike 4 miles a day).

Thanks, ill get my gf to do it. she is like the only person i interact with besides family. Was thinking of taking before shots to post here, getting so inpsired an motivated since coming to Veeky Forums

Bros I'm retarded. I've been adding 5 lbs in lines progression lifts as opposed to the recommended 2.2 (kg bullshit). Should I just keep pushing 5 lbs if I can handle it, or do 2 weeks at that weight and then bump up 5 again?

>hard mode
No "kys"

Thanks

I read the sticky, as well as extensively googled it - so what should I actually consume in terms of protein shakes?

I try to have half a scoop (15g) + ~200ml milk before a workout, then a scoop (30g) with + 400ml milk afterwards. I generally don't have any during the day (though it might be a good idea as I don't do the whole 5 meals a day thing (I do 3-4, not counting shakes)).

Should I adjust pre/post workout protein? I mean - I'm a bit of a total noob, and I feel like I'm just putting in whatever seems right, but if anyone has any advice please give. I tend to workout in the evening, but I generally sleep 3-12 ish, so it's almost afternoon for normal people.

Looking this up, every website says something different, which is why i decide to do light pre- and a normal post-workout shake.

But I feel like I could use a bit of advice on it. I'm 5'7" (huhuhu manlet mode) and weigh 150 lbs.

Thank you :3

K, I am doing Greyskull lp and want to start swimming 1-2km on off day. I dont know shit about swimming but I know the basic 4 strokes. So, should I switch up strokes while I'm swimming or should I just go freestyle, and if I should switch up strokes, when and in what order should I switch? Thanks familia.

If they fit my macros are fatty cheese good source of fat and proteins (the fat part is usually half sat and half unsat)

count your calories/macros and supplement your needs with the protein powder

As you usually don't consider running leg training, you shouldn't care much about swimming styles. Just consider it cardio and give it no second thoughts.

k famalam, gracias

Cutting question: 6'2 235 -

Running - 3-4days/w for 30-45 minutes
Surfing - 1day week for an hour
+ Being more active
Adding Reg Park 5x5 this week.

Scoobys calc says to eat 2300cals to cut at 6lbs a mo. Most days I am getting around 1,300-1,600 cals and hitting my protein macros for my LBM (about 101g)

This puts me at a 1300cal deficit on the day.

Can I keep this up with out slowing my metabolism or should I try harder to hit scoobys numbers?

Should I cycle beta alanine on and off? 2 months on 2 months off or should I just always take it?
and is this a good deal?
vitaminshoppe.com/p/bodytech-beta-alanine-5-1-oz-powder/vs-2699

I fucked my shit a wee bit on deadlifts yesterday (I pulled instead of pushed if that makes sense) and my back still hurts and my ribs hurt a wee bit.

Should I still train tomorrow even if I feel better? Or would I risk fucking my shit?

Bumpity

I think you should see a doctor before exercising again.
Might be nothing but you are never too careful with health.

walmart.com/ip/47905228?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227036072778&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=79431841712&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=153525187232&veh=sem
is this good for a starter homegym? if not , recommend some better racks please. preferrably under 300

When i do dead lifts i get a mild pain in that area in the photo.
It only hurts right when I've set the weight down and relaxed all tension. Never during the lift.
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

I don't think it's that bad, but I think I'll use my brain and give my body time for recovery

my ribs feel like somebody has wacked em and my middle back aches

do you use mixed grip by chance?

I did before but I recently switched to both hands same way.

Can i "grease the groove" with heavy lifts?

Like if my strength by far outmatches my strength endurance (seriously, i take 20lb off my 6rm, and can still manage only 6 rep)

Can i just take my 4RM and do a few singles or doubles every day, over the course of the day?

This is what i did with pull ups when i could only do 4, and i brought me up to 10... I figured the principle would be the same.

P.s. Pls dont respond if you arent familiar with GTG

also, clean bulk often implies healthy food sources, not IIFYM (which often ends up dirty) where you're eating Macca's and ice cream.

I'm beginning to stall on progress with my lifts on SS after about 2 months of lifting. Should I switch to another routine? I'd so which one?

My right arm is bigger than my left. It used to be a small difference, but now it is noticeable. I'm going to switch to dumbbells. How can I translate bb weight to db? My right arm will probably do better than my left, but is there a way to tell the approx amount?

how does floor press translate to bench press?

I only use floor press, but strength calculators have only bench.

It says bench is my strongest lift, but i feel that is a lie..

ok, with mixed grip did you swtich hands? If you didn't you may have an imbalance.
Do you shrug at the top of your DL? rolling your shoulders back may have pulled a muscle.

Probably not.
What are your lifts?
Are you in a caloric surplus?
Are you getting 8 hours sleep?
Have you done a deload?

Eat more

Should I train everyday of the week (Monday through Friday) or will that be detrimental to my gains?

Floor press is a lot harder than bench press for most. It hits your triceps a lot harder and your chest less, kinda like close-grip.

How do I stop these polygonal plates from moving when I deadlift?

Single leg calf raises.
Maybe use an actual calf machine, or standing in the smith machine with a plate on the ground

I have done it with barbell, but i am also a crazy person who does one arm barbell snatches and presses (babyweight, gotta hit dem stabilizers, tho) and scares gym owners because i am a crackhead

Confirmed dyel.
Floor press engages more chest that flat bench (because it engages more of the clavicular pectoral, sternal pectoral remains roughly the same, as i understand it, but floor press also takes leg drive out of the lift and focuses it on your chest)

My floor press isnt limited by my weak triceps nearly as much as my The Press is

short background story:
>trained for 1year, reached 1/2/3/4 lifts
>got sick for 6months
>gained weight + lost around 20% strength

now Iam cutting again and regaining the lost strength(back at 90% where I was).

here is the real problem, I gained like 2kg since I started that cut. I cut out all junk food and I litterally eat the same shit I ate when I did my previous cut 1,5years ago so Iam not new to cutting.

Is it possible to gain weight while still loosing body fat because of that "muscle memory" or whatever that shit is called. Its really awkward.

Kick the gym owner in the nuts, and hope for better plates

College gym. But good idea

Pls halp

If this is only over the span of a few days, dont worry about it.

I thought i had gained 3kg for like 6 days or so, but came out on the other side of it with an average loss of kg/week for the entirety of the cut.

Idk if you can chalk it all up to cortisol or glycogen or sodium or what, but the body does weird shit like that from time to time.
As long as you are 100% sure you arent eating too many calories, you are 100% fine

if i dont have every week available 6 days for working out should i just do 4 day upper lower instead of ppl twice a week. or pick ppl and miss some days here and there

maybe it was the creatine that I took.
I took it for like 4-5 days together with beta alanin, citrulin and arginin. I dropped the creatine to see if it was the reason for the weight gain but that was like 1 week ago and since than the weight stayed the same.

can it be that the other shit I took is responsible for water storage like in creatine?

Nah, do a 2-split (so upper/lower, push/pull or any other partition that works for you) and go 4 days.

As a natty, the difference with the 6 day routine will be negligible.

Also, PPL+full body (so 4 days) might be an idea

It should be fine to bump up the weight every workout as long as you're successfully completing each set with good form.

When YOU bulk, how many lbs do you aim for overall, and how many lbs do you cut afterwards?

I think most people go by bf% and look.
Some people stop at 15% bf and cut back to their 10% or whatever it is. Others go to 20% and start to cut back.

What % do you lose upper abs? I've gained 20lbs and still have my uppers when i flex, but my lower abs have some fat and I look a little doughy along the bottom. Should I push it a little more?

I never switched when I used mixed, maybe that's it.

thanks. was thinking about ohp and bench on one day, one heavy another light accessories and tris isolations, another dl and squat same as above,

ppl and fb sounds like a good idea. push: heavy bp light ohp, pull heavy row, light dl, legs-heavy squat. fullbody light bp heavy ohp, heavy dead. listing just main lifts. could be?

thats normal.
most man usually gain fat in the lower half of their stomache first. You cant really pinpoint the bf% because everyone is different. There are people who have a sixpack with 12% bf others dont have one even with 9% bf, just go by looks.

I personally go just by looks, take pictures and shit.

You're really overthinking and overcomplicating this. Account for the shakes in your daily calories - if you're even counting - and try to get at least 50g of protein a day. If you're a noob then it's probably more important to pick a decent routine and stick to it.

I would guess you're underestimating your calorie intake quite significantly. 1600 cals a day and all that cardio would make you pass out.

Why should I take off my shoes for the barbell parts on leg day?

What are good gyms in NYC?

Theres no way of knowing what the quality is but it *looks* ok. looks like you can get it with a bench for $199 which is really cheap.

It should be ok for a starter.

so im plotting in my numbers in symmetric strength, but they dont have options for yates row, only pendlay row. If i do 61KG/8 with yates row, how would this translate to pendlay rows?

Im asking because its saying im 33% stronger than the average lifter of my level and thats simply wrong

You'll have to reduce the weight a fair fucking bit. Prepare to take a knock to the ego. Try 60% and slowly work up from there.

For most people that's not advisable. If you're a beginner you'll make better progress lifting 3-4 days a week and taking rest days.

you can try. (spoiler you want be able to keep that shit up)
I always think people should learn from their own mistakes otherwise they wont learn.

I mean the worst think that could happen is that you burn out on day4 or something and probably get sick.

Well, yeah. That's exactly why non-round plates aren't advised for deadlifting. Do you have access to any round plates? If the biggest plate is round it won't matter if the smaller ones are decagonal.

Is it a better idea to drop the bar when doing heavy deadlifts or a controlled descent?

What are the benefits of doing either of these? Thanks.

Control the descent.
As you lift more weight, this may look like you are still setting it down fairly fast.

Never drop or slam the weight down, that is half repping.

I tend to have better form setting it down, so i use it as a set up for my next reps.
The first reps is always the hardest for me with diddly. Can never seem to have my shit in just the right spot, until i am lowering a bar with at least 2pl8 on it.

Even my warm up sets are meh..

The average lifter of your level is probably weak as fugg.
I do only yate's as well, and only calc my weighted chin on symmetric strength.

Yate's row and hip thrust would be GOAT on that site, but strength standards do not exist for those lifts.

I have been going to the gym for the past month. I would say that I have got around 20% bf. 5'8 and 165 lbs.

Is it too early for the cut? When should I do it and for how long?

172 cm, 75 kg, for metric master race

I'm doing SL 5x5 and I'm on week 5
Is it too soon to start missing reps? On the fourth week I've missed reps on the squat (44kg) and the deadlift (66kg) since the form fucked up my lower back. And now , on the second workout of the 5th week I once again fucked up my squat form on the last set and couldnt finish my last two sets on the OHP (32kg).

Never too early for a cut, you might still progress on a deficit for a while. I am permacut mode and still progressing (did greyskull until deloads couldnt save me, now doing kinobody rapid fat loss variation, and still adding weight/reps to my lifts)

Do it until you are 10%, then slowly bulk to 15%.

Rinse and repeat until you are natty limit, then hop on that natty TRT and become andreas cahling

I'm stuck at 216 lbs. I was losing weight very fast and now I'm just stuck. I have some clear gains on my quads, biceps, calves and abs, and I was wondering if is possible that I keep losing fat but gaining muscles and the weight remain the same.

I still ned to lose fat on my belly, boobs, ass and thights, do you thin I should relax the weightlifting and focus on cardio until I'm at a more appropiate weight? I'm 6'2'' btw

If it is in later sets, you are 100% not resting long enough.

If it continues, dont be afraid to drop to 3x5.
You will still make hella progression, and thus progressively overload the muscle, thus getting hella size gains.

As a beginner you can still gain strength to a half decent level even on a slight cut.
I did a long permacut and started from scratch and reached 110kg bench, 140kg squat for reps on a perma deficit. Wasnt even that fat to begin with. Dont underestimate how strong you can get as a noob. People always underestimate how far these so called noob gains can carry someone.

Having said that I would go on a slight cut, like 300-400kcal.

Is it too bad if I don't progress the weight on the squat for a few (about 3) workouts to work on the form?
I'm currently at a bulk , do I need to stop the bulk if ,I'm working on form?

What's so bad with your form? How heavy are you lifting?

People get overly anal about form and sometimes end up spinning their wheels for ages achieving nothing.

I'm I know that The Holy Sticky says so, but I haven't even touched SS, and I think that this is a good time to start a routine. My muscles are still trembling and make me feel like a complete n00b. What should I keep an eye for? Is a digital gram scale good investment?

Symmetric strength is a meme site, ignore it and keep on getting stronger.

If I were you I would cut, do a bunch of cardio to get your work capacity up and not care too much about the numbers on the bar. Just get into the habit of lifting several times a week and have decent form. If progress is slow then whatever, focus on getting down to about 13% bf and then stop cutting and start focusing on a beginner linear progression program

Idk what you mean by keeping an eye out.. For what exactly?

Digital scales are essential for accurate calorie estimation

I highly recommend you follow an actual novice program
Gresykull is my preference.
Ss is great
Reg parks is very good
Bill starr's is good
SL is meh
ICF is even worse.

You will get much better gains on icf than lifting like a bro, however

increase your reps. you may want to reduce your surplus, but you're still doing other exercises so you should be ok. do cardio if you're that concerned.

Someone please post screencaps of trap's advices/answers pls.

OHP and bench both use arms, dead and squat both use legs.

I'd pair OHP/dead and bench/squat.

I'm not morbidly obese or anything but I've got a big beer gut and a hideous ass. Is it even possible to lose this and go to washboard abs? Or am I already too late?

I just came out of a 14 month cut while doing SS, and have already stalled on all of my lifts ~2 weeks into my bulk. I'm eating at 3500 kcal, which should be enough according to all of the TDEE calcs I'ved used. Also I started progressing directly from my previous weights.

Should I eat more, or deload? Both?

183 lbs @ 5'10 btw.

Can you tell the difference between fat and flabby skin?

At what point is it acceptable to do mixed grip deadlifts?

I was slipping on 265lb (120kg) today and switched halfway through a set just so I could finish it. After I switched it was easy peasy. Is my grip too weak and how should I strengthen it?

I'm not fit, just doing a series of pushups and situps every day. What bothers me are assymetrical hips and the inbound curves. Like what the fuck? Left hip looks so much more distinct and pumped than the right. And no average person has that inbound curve up higher. I mean what the fuck, is this a deformity or what?

nobody?

How's your brother Donald doing?

Theyre called lovehandles you fat fuckin idiot