I think I'm beginning to suffer the early stages of schizophrenia or at least some other mental disorder...

I think I'm beginning to suffer the early stages of schizophrenia or at least some other mental disorder. I feel like I'm losing touch with reality. I often feel like I don't exist or that my life is a lie. I'm starting to see things that I know are not there also.

I know I need to talk to somebody before it gets unmanageable. My issue is that I don't know how to deal with things in the meantime, like bills and such. I have a hard enough time at work, and it scares me to think that I won't be able to pay rent or something.

I just don't want to turn into the crazy homeless guy screaming at cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prodrome#In_schizophrenia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I think I'm beginning to suffer the early stages of schizophrenia
Then you don't.

Get some help if you think you're developing something m8, mental illness is no joke.

I've done enough research to know what the symptoms look like. It's not a condition that strikes overnight...it's a gradual process and I think I know myself well enough to recognize abnormal thoughts and behavior.

go to a doctor senpai, if you are genuinely developing a mental illness (which seems very possible) then youre lucky to have caught it so early on
get medical attention before it gets worse, manage it so it doesnt have the opportunity to damage your life

At least you have good taste in music

people often mistake mental illness for depression (which I guess is a type of mental illness, but curable and maintainable)

what makes you think you're developing something much more intense?

Look, I just came on here to shitpost, but that is a fantastic album

I know many symptoms of depression can overlap with other conditions. I think the stuff I'm dealing with right now is more severe though. Like I said, I'm starting to see things I know aren't there (moving shadows, faces in inanimate objects) more and more frequently. I'm getting the sensation that I'm just fading away or that my life is just a dream or simulation.

This isn't /r9k/.

Anxiety is one hell of a demon
Search for someone to talk about this shit
Eat well
Exercise more
Meditate if you like it
Drink well

create good friends that are deaf and mute and want you to keep working.

A mentally ill person is never aware of their mental illness. You're just depressed.

fuck off m8 you're not a doctor
see a psychiatrist ASAP

This. This is your chance to become the 21st century schizoid man OP

go see a doctor, it's treatable. you'll be alright m8. just schedule an appointment right now, the sooner you start treating it the better.

Few days ago while walking my dog at night i went through this dark area and i was hearing voices from the trees. The dog didnt react so she obviously heard nothing.
Was it ghosts or am i hearing shit.

Stress is one of the primary triggers for schizophrenia. So find a way to relax, while you plan to deal with this situation in the long term.

Veeky Forumss advice for mentally ill people:
>get fit
I don't think it works that way.

Tbf it's better than the alternative of kill yourself. Then again maybe it isn't.

ghosts aren't real. you're just crazy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prodrome#In_schizophrenia

go to a doctor, get meds.

catch it early on so that you can get on anti psychotic meds and still have a chance at not being some guy yelling at cars.

Guys, I remember seeing this thread before.

And I remember posting a reply just like this as well.
What the fuck is going on?

Instead of being on Veeky Forums right now go to a walk-in clinic or hospital. Then say what you just said here

Collect neetbux in the meantime

He can't afford it. Otherwise he wouldn't be here asking us for help

heard nicotine is good for schizo it helps for parkinson alzh and schizo look it up start smoking

Go see a therapist but don't go telling them that you think you have early schitzo, just say you're depressed and let them diagnose you from there.

This.

And remember, as shitty as side effects of meds are the alternative is much worse....also, there are plenty of meds out there so work with your doc until you find some stuff that works for you.

OP you're not going to get help here. Just edgy ignorant teens here. I'm disgusted at the flip stupidity on display here. You need to go to a forum with serious people or talk to friends/family. Can you do that?

Or you know....tell them the truth, that you heard some voices, and expect the possibility of being locked up for a few days while they figure shit out for you.

Dude to me it sounds like you've got a case of the WebMDs. Lay off the coffee and start meditating.