Rogaine/Minoxidil for Beard gains

Anyone tried this?

Thoughts/Advice/Opinions?

I'm seriously considering it, my main concern is whether the gains are permanent and i've read conflicting reports.

bump

Feel your pubes for me. Done feeling your pubes?
That's going to grow around your face, not what you're seeing in that picture you posted. That's from a TV show, that's an unrealistic beard m8.

Not an argument my good man

Gains are not permanent, and you have to apply it religiously for it to work. Heres my experience with it after applying it everyday for 3 months:
>good beard gains, shit is still patchy though
>fuller, thicker hair everywhere on body (eyebrows, pubes, etc)
>hair on unwanted places: nose and ear, under eye sockets too
Over all shit was good but you do have to apply it everyday for at least a year for it to work, it can get expensive after a while (at least in my country) and expect those hairs on your nose and ears to grow. Also after i stopped using it the moustache area became as weak after it was before i started using it, sideburns and jaw hair are still pretty much there though

They glued ox hair onto their faces to fill out their beards before filming

Just so u know

so i'll be applying alcohol and drying the fuck out of my skin for 6-12 months and the gains aren't permanent? shit man

Man, the jealousy comes through your writing.

My natty beard looks better than their fraud beards. Just so you know.

Fuck off cuck

as for OP, yeah go for it makes ugly people look cool most of the time, if you're already good looking in the face I wouldnt bother tho

I did it. I saw some minor gains after about 4 months. Gains didn't leave when I stopped, but the lasting skin damage didn't either.

Ive got a full bears too you sassy cunts

Just relaying an interesting tidbit from the behind the scenes episode i watched last week

Suck my ass

to all the beard fags up in this bitch. how the fuck do your beards not itch like motherfuckers?

I grow a beard pretty fast and it looks pretty nice after 3-4 days but dear baby moses, my face starts itching like it hasn't been touched by water in a year. washing it more often doesn't help at all

>dealing with a dehydrated and/or irritated face by putting water on it

you deserve it desu

use something to soothe the irritation like a skin cream

There is an adjustment phase. Expect it to be uncomfortable for 2 maybe 3 weeks then you stop noticing it altogether.

pic of beard fag

>naturally glorious beard
>Had it for 2 years
>Comments from women alot
>New job not allowed facial hair

Take my genetics user for I can't honour them

>dad has massive beard
>brother has massive beard
>i can barely grow james franco beard

Fuck I wish I could grow a beard. It just completely hides your face. You literally remove half your face from being judged. If your whole face is ugly, you become half as ugly. Plus it makes you look like you have a jawline even if you have a mouthbreather jaw. It's like wearing makeup or muscleshirts or some shit. My friend goes from a 7 to a 9 from his beard

>he fell for the beard meme

I know Breh

I have an okay face, but a weak jaw, thinking this could make me look real good but I don't know if fucking up my skin is worth it

>have ability to grow thick, glorious beard
>have 10/10 jawline

Shits more of a dilemma than you think

No you fucking idiot, if you can't grow a good beard natural, you won't have it with Rogaine/Minoxidil.

Anyways, time will come when you think how incredibly retarded you were for thinking beard will somehow make you someone.

It doesn't fuck up your skin m8 simply apply some face lotion a few hours after applying the minoxidil. The only detriment of the minoxidil on your skin is that it has alcohol which dries it out but lots of people have dry skin and fix it with lotion.

The only way to know it is to try it. Rogaine recommends 3-4 months to see if it helps you. Some people report dramatic improvement some report a few extra hairs.

I started about 1.5 months ago and definitely have thicker growth in the places where I already had hair but new hair hasn't come in on my cheeks where it's most lacking. I recommend the foam version over the liquid version it's less messy to apply.

>No you fucking idiot, if you can't grow a good beard natural, you won't have it with Rogaine/Minoxidil.
except there are entire forums about people growing beards with minoxidil

> you think how incredibly retarded you were for thinking beard will somehow make you someone.

who said I think it will "make me someone"? I think it will improve my appearance. do you work out, buy nice clothes, and manage your hygiene?

>tfw I have a small red patch of eczema on my chin
>tfw regularly get acne on jaw and chin
>tfw jaw and chin look crooked in photos
>tfw I could hide it all with a beard
>tfw dad said his beard wasn't complete until his 30s

>tfw you want to be a masculine man

It's so fucking weird though. I am 6'5", have a super deep voice, large dick, and super hairy legs.

Despite this, I have a tiny bone structure (6" circumfrence wrists), upturned nose, large green eyes, full lips, inability to grow hair on upper body (except for armpits, but even that hair is super light), and dark blonde hair with pale skin.

What the fuck am I?

sorry, forgot to say that I use a skin cream. every single day but still, nothing helps

what the fuck? my skin starts peeling off, that looks horrible. I can't walk around like that for two weeks

A stretched Mr. Tumnus.

Or an elf.

Swedish pussy

>what the fuck? my skin starts peeling off, that looks horrible. I can't walk around like that for two weeks

Never had that happen. It itched like crazy though. Maybe some dandruff at first but not unmanageable.

22 yrs old with shit tier beard here.
I used it for like 3 months and it actually made some hairs grow. Then I googled the side effects, though and threw that shit away.
Risking your health for a few extra hairs isn't really worth it tbqh fampai

I don't have a upturned nose or full lips (and desu my dick is average size), but after i did my first cutting cycle on test/tren/mast i started growing thick hair on my face and chest and its still growing to this day

its like tren unlocked the last stage of puberty for me

I was 23 at the time of cycle and had been lifting 4 years

What side effects are you talking about?

I only saw that it /could/ cause some heart pain, and that the alcohol will dry the fuck out of your skin. Not great but not the worst thing in the world.

beards are sexy

using beard oil helped me a lot, stopped being itchy right away

bump for interest

1 straight month of Minoxidil use on my face caused me to grow a beard.

Not a pube beard mind you, the prototype kinda of beard that gives you a nice 5' oclock shadow but kinda looks bad if you grow it out.

In the middle of my second month and beard is getting thicker and better. A few more bottles and it will be good to go.

Something to keep in mind user:

Disregard all the faggots here talking shit. It works and it's permanent. However it varries from person to person. For me it worked quick. For the guy that told me about it, it took a year. It will also cause hair to grow anywhere else it can, like torso and forearms.

DO NOT GO OVERBOARD WITH THE DOSAGE.

Minoxidil in high dosages has the same effect of abestos on your health, this is a fact and you can look it up.

just get anabolic OP,
Rogaine will kill your beard and idk about Minoxidil but it sounds sketchy as shit.

maybe make a homemade rub with like 5mg of zinc and grapeseed oil.

I think I am gonna try it. are you using the foam or the liquid?

from what i've been reading it seems like the gains stay for a long time but after a few years they might thin out.

what are you talking about m8

rogaine and minoxidil are the same thing and will make your beard grow. question is how long does it last

>rogaine
my bad i was thinking of Finasteride and other hormone interfering hair growth products.

grapeseed extract should do the same thing in theory though and miles safer, grind some in a mortar and use it in homemade beard oil.

I can only get the liquid atm, it's cheaper.
The gains are permanent mate, it's not like the beard is gonna fall off.

Rogaine is temporary for head hair, but head hair and body hair (beard) are not the same kind of hair

You are talking nonsense. Homemade stuff isn't clinically proven to work. Rogaine stimulates regrowth so long as your follicles are healthy (i.e. you've gotten a transplant and/or you're on fin). Fin does not affect your beard. Rogaine has to be used continuously in order to work and I don't think it's been shown to increase beard growth. I've just had a conversation with my physician about all this so it's second-hand, but I hope this helps OP.

Can you link the product you use for perma beard? Here have a qt in advance

Litterally just google / youtube minoxidil beard and you'll find alot of videos of people that have made some good progress.
I've personally been using it for about 3 weeks now and I'm already starting to see hairs growing. Side effects are near non existing, you could also google it and see it for yourself.

>Anyone tried this?
I'll be honest, I had a patch in my beard where no beard grew, I bought minoxidil in the pharmacy (basically rogaine mixture but made by them). It helped, it needs time, but after a year there is no patch anymore.

i had a decent beard with a shit tier mustache until i started using kirkland brand minox. i used it for like a year and it definetly made the thin hairs get darker and thicker.

its pretty cheap (a years supply costs less than 100 bucks on amazon or costco) and it works to thicken already existing peach fuzz but i wouldnt recommend it to some babby faced faggot hoping to sprout a MUH VIKINGZ N SHIET beard overnight

occasionally shampoo and condition the beard.

Ian?

Rogaine/Minoxidil

the generic one you get at wallmart.

Like this?

work in television, can confirm. you're a retard if you think most beards in film/tv are real.

Next thing you'll say you were just pretending to be retarded.

>6'5
>6' circumfrence wrists

wew I thought the lanklet thing was a meme.

mine wasn't complete until I turned 31, just as it is and to be honest it still gets thicker and more dense with time.

>I've just had a conversation with my physician about all this so it's second-hand

It's not FDA approved for beards so physicianCucks wont talk about it in that regard

check out jeffsbeardboard, a whole forum dedicated to putting this shit on your face

Jeff, pls go

oil shampoo and condition and boar bristle brush only shampoo and condition twice a week

I've done it. I went from not being able to grow anything to a decent beard. It takes two or three months of nothing, and then it starts to come in slowly over a few more months.

Only adding DHT-gel into the mix will help you grow a beard where you aren't genetically predisposed to. Just so you know, that will unavoidably get rid of your "natty" status. Better add some test as a base and perhaps some orals.

Adding minoxidil may help you because it has alcohol.

I personally avoid any unnecessary drugs simply because the causes of cancer are so poorly understood. Inb4 drugs are tested. No shit. But there have been many cases of drugs deemed safe later being removed.