In my sport (wrestling) we would call bad wrestlers "fish" because fish flop on their back...

In my sport (wrestling) we would call bad wrestlers "fish" because fish flop on their back. What do you guys call a bad athlete in your sport?

A manlet.

Dyel

"Fucking shit"

- every sport

My wrestling coach used to say only prostitutes lie on their back. I don't even sleep on my back, coach.

I call them noobs. Because I am a pro e-sporter.

lol
we don't call them anything because we are not mean hearted high schoolers.
we do beat them up so they'll learn.
>Muay thai

>What do you guys call a bad athlete in your sport?

Dead

Lol at any tournament that had a JV section in my area they would put JV kids into 4 man brackets and do a round robin group and every group was named after a fish. The smallest kids were always plankton and the heavyweights were always killer whales.

In Poker, bad players are called Fish.

High rollers are called whales.

Well, in Track and Cross Country I called bad runners slow.

I did track but I only ever threw. And considering throwers are probably the least athletic athletes we didn't really have anything to call bad throwers.

a spudd

Unconscious

chobo

When I did drum corps we called the shitty marchers 'ticks' because judges tick scoring boxes when they see them. If you were a tick for too long you earned a brand new highlighter hat to wear so everyone could see you make mistakes on the field.

>inb4 lol marching band

It was fun in the sun senpai.

Peasant

This isn't really directed at bad athletes only, but in water polo it's not uncommon to get red/teary eyes during a game because of the chlorine. Some players have that happen more often than others, so one way to bamboozle guys from the other team when a game is rough with lots of drowning, elbows etc is to just approach them at some point and ask "is everything alright? why are you crying?".

Some asburgers get real mad at this and will start swearing at you and getting mad.

top kek

Nah man. You forgot about professional bowlers.

lol marching band

Hockey is a bender

I'm the founder and president of my university's freestyle wrestling club, as well as being a brown belt in bjj and black in judo

I always find it funny when wrestling guys hate on going to your back so much, I can submit pretty much every pure wrestling guy I've ever met from my back.

Scholastic and collegiate wrestling is so lame compared to submission wrestling ahha

wait, isn't wrestling abut not getting on your back? I always thought if your back touched the ground you lost points in wrestling, that's why wrestlers would even arch themselves like they are having a spasm if they get in a position where their stomach is facing up.

I'm really confused right now, but not an American so don't really know the rules.

Isn't the throwing part of track and field belong to the field?

Gumby

A duster

In bjj is called "Zé Forcinha" wich means that guy who uses excessive force during training

Yes that's correct, if the upper back touched the floor for even a moment with the opposing wrestler in control in freestyle/scholastic wrestling it's a pin.

We call them Fred

Name my sport Veeky Forums

A white boy

Cycling.
Go back to /n/ fag.

Welfare is not a sport, Jamal.

Barney was popular in volleyball, for SoCal at least

Spanners - rower

plankton and whales are not fish

then you're just as bad a teammate since you decide to make a fool of him; instead of helping the lad overcome his areas of improvement.

If both your shoulder blades touch the ground, it's a pin. If your back is exposed to the ground then the other guy gets points in folk style

He is talking about grappling. There are essentially 6 types of wrestling. Folkstyle which is what is done in US high schools and colleges. Freestyle and Greco which are done in Olympics and International competitions. Grappling is basically MMA without strikes, Sambo which is a Russian martial art, and Beach which is just wrestling in a large circle on the beach.

I coach folk, freestyle, greco and grappling

natty

Meu nombre e ze pequenho porra

My wrestling coach had a chance to date Sandra Bullock but turned her down because he was too busy with high school wrestling.
>Moral of the story: Don't get distracted by nappy headed hoes.
He was a strange guy, gave the weirdest speeches

Marching band =/= sport

a bottom
cause you get fucked

My high school had a freestyle team that functioned in spring and summer and we did folkstyle in the winter. This year the school I wrestled at is sending 3 girls to the national championships in Fargo North Dakota for team Oregon.

My coach is great at coming up at nicknames for bad athletes.

Flipper
Happy Feet
Smeagle

Muay Thai

idk I guess we call the other guy the loser.

>Sport (UK) or sports (US) are all forms of usually competitive physical activity or games which,[1] through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators.[2]

Marching Band is a sport.

Wait, wait, wait, you're the kid who bought a $300 letterman jacket and put a band letter on it aren't you?

As someone who's done it at literally the hardest level there is, I don't actually see it as sport. It's a competitive art activity. But all team competitions have various camaraderie lingo terms and I thought I'd share ours.

Thanks for your input :^)

Thank you american, we're trying to have fun.

Trips are truth.

Socially ostracizing a fuck-up is the best make-or-break test of character.

I played Hockey and we call bad players benders.

We call them that because bad players bend their ankles inward because they can't skate and also tend to bend forward for the same reason listed above.

my wrestling coach calls them a jellyfish/wet noodle

In rugby league you call them a fuckin grub cunt.

>I have to walk it's a sport

I was in cross-country (fall) and tennis (spring). Did not wear letterman jackets but I did wear adidas tracksuits the days we had meets/matches.

By the way it's a varsity jacket if it doesn't have letters on it, but you're probably the same kind of jackass who will call any hat that isn't a baseball cap a fedora

I miss plying water polo, such a great sport.

I was absolutely drowning this guy one game and about halfway through the game after we scored he said to me "fuck off cunt, if I wanted to get physical with someone I'd ask your girlfriend."

Got so mad I smacked him right in the face and we had this huge all in brawl.

Great fun.

>having such a short temper you sucker punched somebody who probably was fucking your girlfriend

A bad swimmer: like a beer bottle in water

it bobs around for a bit then when water goes in the mouth it sinks

We call them incompetent

I don't play a sport

Im an excel monkey who creates financial models all day

Hey it's not a sport if you don't get to beat the shit out of someone. That's why I have a lot of respect for those that compete in combat sports, water polo, or rugby. As opposed to pussys in soccer getting touched and falling down until the ref sees.

unnngh so hot
>I came

Rooney.

We do the same but I continue it into October which is when we do grappling, so we are doing something all year long (Nov-Mar, folkstyle. Apr-Jun, greco and freestyle. July-Oct, grappling) I have a kid wrestling for Team Ohio Cadet Freestyle team in Fargo coming up

Nah our team could barley do anything in the spring so freestyle was mainly summer and we couldn't do anything in fall. Essentially anyone like 160+ on our team did football, wrestling, and throwing so it was hard to get anyone in during spring or fall.

They call me a turd ass bitch

And the smaller kids usually did XC and track or soccer and baseball. Wrestlers at my school were always two or three sport athletes.

Tomato can. No clue why

More like "I don't lift plz go easy on me"
>muh technique trumps all

In BJJ we have a name for fighters with bad technique, we call them "wrestlers".

No, we don't.

A pylon for someone who is in position but doesn't move enough

White guy

>that bjj guy

Your grappling sports are gay and unrealistic and a waste of time. Grow up quit living in fantasy land.

Nuff-nuffs

People to weak to ever be even okay in powerlifting

Spaz

Kook

you got rekt m8

Noobs. People new to the game of starcraft 2, can't even survive the worst executed 4 gate.

feeders

Bodybuilding is not a sport.

And what the fuck do you play?

Welfare is not a sport Jamal

In my sport (shitposting on Veeky Forums), we call them "dyels" and "newfags"

>e-sport

lol marching band

>BD alum here.

BJJ guys are so autist. Wrestling is offered as a high school team activity. BJJ isn't. Take your autism elsewhere.

Spud.

a DYEL

>BJJ
Is there anything more amateur than monkey grapple?

I wish my coach would put me on my back

Nice. Get any rings?

In swimming we called them "bricks".

>Graupe, Gurke, Amöbe, Luftpumpe

I'm an épée fencer. I can't speak for the other two weapons, but we call the scrubs "swashbucklers." Due to the fact that, even though you can only score points through stabbing your opponent, new Épéeists have a tendency to try and slash their opponents when they get panicked. Hurts like a bitch, I'll tell ya.

Though it's not that big a deal. People improve as time goes on. The worst behavior for a scrub to have is the same in any combat sport, not taking shit seriously. I used to teach newbie classes, and some people just refused to be safe. Someone wasn't paying attention and jerking around and actually stabbed me in the gut.

A bunch of stitches later, I don't teach those classes anymore.

On my college D1 track and field team we'd call that guy a Narp (Non-Athletic Regular Person)