/owg/ /wlg/

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults, bullying, and shitposting to a minimum.

Doping news
iwf.net/category/anti-doping-news/
allthingsgym.com/retests-olympic-doping-samples/

>How to Snatch w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

>How to Clean & Jerk w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

>Blogs with useful info on training, programming, and technique
chinfl.blogspot.com.br/
yashathoughts.com/

>Programs
Novice program: imgur.com/pCKsrOM
4-weeks novice program: catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/
Takano Intermediate programs: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8AqZyApAyeSx-AoX3drVwpQEAJzVDvAJsE9PKoPwZw/edit?usp=sharing

>Commisar's notes on Bulgarian training
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m_dkMI5NpUA
youtube.com/watch?v=-sn3oi0xRiM
yashathoughts.com/the-doping-fairytale/
bbc.com/sport/weightlifting/36601433
youtube.com/watch?v=VFTdyubE-LM
iwf.net/2016/06/22/strong-statement-by-the-iwf-executive-board/
iwf.net/2016/06/21/iwf-committee-meetings-in-tbilisi/
stillmed.olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/Medical_commission/2015-11_ioc_consensus_meeting_on_sex_reassignment_and_hyperandrogenism-en.pdf
iwf.net/results/world-records/?ranking_curprog=progress&ranking_agegroup=Senior&ranking_gender=m&x=19&y=11
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw cat has better leverages than you

WHYYYYYY

bump

>big bang theory
Lower-than-shit tier show desu

Did everyone quit lifting after Ilya got busted lmaoo

ILYA ILYIN

I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THE MEDALS AWAY. I WON THEM FAIR

youtube.com/watch?v=m_dkMI5NpUA

0:35 It was an already won gold medal with no doubts at all.
1:00 I passed the testing of both the 2012 and 2008 Olympics.
1:15 Not sure, I think he said the ban is either for 8 years or for life. They will take away his medal.
2:30 In our sport this is nothing new, doping in sport. This is all politics. [If I understood that right holy shit.]
3:00 I don't know if they'll let me into Rio or Tokyo. The closest Olympics I can possibly go to is Tokyo.
3:40 I won the medals for Kazakhstan. Seems like shout-outs he is saying thank-you a lot.

Comments are really good. Everyone supports him. He is forever a champion no medals or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=-sn3oi0xRiM

Ilya is going to France to prove his innocence and disprove the validity of the methods.

;)

Man I thought I'd never see /owg/ again! Phew!!!
Any recommendations on a belt for oly?

>deloading meme
reeeeeee

deloading sux

i get to kick back and relax until monday then back to heavy training

compete july 9th

hmu on wechat btw babes commisar9

Commie the coach at one of the gyms I go to was friends with Bulgarians in 70s and 80s

He told me interesting things do u wanna hear them

shoor

i am having trouble dead lifting, i have a weak back and dead lifting hurts like hell, my trainer says my form is fine, any ideas why it could be hurting?

your a pussy?

Its mostly because blue shoes

rightttttttttttt very adult

Tight muscles or other muscles compensating for a weak or misfiring muscle?

cheating cunt rekt

sports ruining piece of shit

you fool nigga

you saying he was set up?

im saying most lifters roid, the decision was propably political

well you're an apologetic idiot sheep

He said the bulg said there were two systems at use at most of the time but uncles was most successful

He also said even under abadjiev they would do 8weeks of more Russian style programming with partial lifts, pulls and powers

Then the Bulgarian as we commonly see it began and this is also when the 'medicine' protocol started

Stanozolol, dbol, hgh and slin were the primary chemicals

Nothing new but thought it was fun hearing an account of it from someone there at the time

Bye. Gl in ur comp.

>fat
lift discarded

which muscles specifically are hurting?

what are you talking about? are you some kind of summer friend?

interestin
i'd marry chino

C'mon, commi, just hop on the Russian wagon and GIT fuckin GUD.

Your cleans have been looking way, way better. Imagine reinforcing that technique to the point where it's second nature. 175 cj in a year I bet.

kek trips speak the truth you have to do it commie

Tatiana Bearfu is best fu. You are weak little man-child in comparison.

if i were to drop bulg i'd be sucking deli's dick

also i planned to deload this whole week but i changed my mind monday

turns out i really did need a deload hehe

International Weightlifting is a huge joke. Everybody who is not a retard knows all the competitors are on roids, including the drug testing officials, but everyone still plays the game of pretend. Ilya won fair and square in every competition. Then some greedy money hungry WADA fuck comes along and ruins him along with the whole sport

lets jus lit some waits

>says lets lift weights
>posts guy who doesn't lift weights

Chinamen sekrets are just Russian principles applied loosey-goosey with some woo-woo and ancestor magic thrown in. Embrace your inner slav, mate.

Deloads r good 4 u. Maybe go for a jog, too.

did u just

call me

fat

Youre just as dumb as a Russian faggot

Yasha Kahn posted a really good article about retroactive testing and why it's bullshit-

yashathoughts.com/the-doping-fairytale/

Didn't Yasha make an older post about how he's in favor of PEDs?

We could all user a lil cardio every now and then :^)

Nah m8 chinese programming is pretty different from any russian I've seen

shhhhhhhhhhedoesntknoethat

Yasssss Yasha

ps where are those translated programs you promised us?

Oh
Ye commi shud do russian :^)
Rigert is better than that old coot abadjiev anyway

HOW fucking dare YOU

who wants to hang owut with me tonight also

messge me on steam commisar

WHY DONT I HAVE A GF

also a %50 chance of tornado today wew

btw

this is lifting related

ITS SHIT

loving new programing, actually feel like im making gains

>actually feeling like
But are you really

is this pre-op trappy chan?

nah jk. you're jerk mechanics are awful thb senpai

Why are all the trips here twinks? Is this what happened to weightlifting after they got rid of the clean and press?

Hey guys, your opinion on Powerlift 2s? They are 30% off and was wondering if they are reasonable weighlifting shoes

basically, anyone who "does" oly lifting who isnt actually competing at either the world or olympic level is just a limp wristed weak assed failure.

/olg/wlg/ doesnt in any way disprove this theory

Shut the tuck up cyw.e

yes weights feel lighter and my weight is avging around 71.5 now

yeet, and i know my jerks are god awful
>vid related

bbc.com/sport/weightlifting/36601433

Russians getting banned from Olympics kek

Anyone know if Klokov is one of those banned russians weightlifters to join the olympics in rio?

This right here is international bully. Fucking joke, everyone know everyone uses PEDs. IOC are probably the biggest jackasses of all time.

Fuck Im mad, fucking hypocrites.

Klokov has already retired, you shitstain

Yeah, IOC a shit. I mean, come on - they were trying to remove wrestling to make place for fucking squash and rollerblading.

I agree. Misdirected vigilante justice for the Ukraine shenanigans and general Russian fuckery.

You realise this isn't the ioc and it's the iwf placing this ban? All the ioc will do is agree with it or not.

Thats like saying russia didnt invade ukraine but its people did.

No it is you idiot. The iwf is a completely separate entity. Just like how the iaaf have banned Russia, not the ioc. All the ioc does is ratify shit, they haven't banned anyone. Hence why the Russians can still compete as a neutral if they prove they're clean

You're analogy is stupid and makes no sense, you should feel silly. Point the finger at your own precious sport rather than scapegoating.

I can front squat 140 but my max jerk is only 105. I haven't tested it for a while so I would hope to hit more but when 1 untracked 110 the other day while squatting it just felt super heavy and I wondered how I'd ever jerk it

How to feel 'strong' in that rack pos, or is it something I just have to accept and block out?

shave your fucking armpits you disgusting piece of shit

>No it is

According to kolecki dolega is getting a medal from 2008
So aramnau, klokov or lapikov got popped tok

How do you guys feel about all of this?
The good news they're cutting down on doping, so people don't have to dope to get to the top(just have top tier genetics).

The downside is the numbers are a lot lower.

And since ilya got popped again, is he banned for life?

Well done for pointing out an obvious auto correct error instead of addressing the post

Oh wait, it's because I'm right and you're wrong.

8years or life. But 8years is basically life.

I feel that if you do roids you run that risk so they can't complain. Of course I like seeing big numbers but since I got more serious into weightlifting I've been going to a gym with some international lifters who lift in b and c group natty and for them the difference in one place can mean funding or no funding, so my opinion is now that it's good for the sport rather than bad for it

I mean, how much juice you think they were on though. Im sure there are b-c group lifters who took more than ilya, and dont even come close to those numbers. Is it really all that important

Dif user mate

From a front rack position, how do I let the bar down to my hips without falling forwards?

the falling weight just overpowers me

Considering the history of doping in Russian sports and how bent the Russian testing system was, the answer to that is likely to be "everything and lots of it".

Gear won't make a shitty lifter a world-beater but its worth a lot when used properly. Enough that left unchecked it pretty quickly crowds the drug-free guys out of contention.

More your torso out the way a little bit
Aka lean back

Well, I hope more natties start getting spotlight

Hey can someone advice me how i can increase my front squat efficiently?
I have the problem that i can deadlift 200kg for 1-2 reps, but cant front squat more than 120 for 1-2 times.
What would be the best routine to increase strength in the front squat? 5x5 3x3, something else?

>tfw I can deadlift 200kg for 4 reps but cant even fsq 110 for more than 2
kill me

This sucks so much.
>Tfw when no problem pulling the weight with clean pulls but being unable to get up.

Thats not going to happen if the sport would be all natty it would be scrapped from the olympics anyways
Who the fuck wants to see a 85 lifter lift 140+180

Lol, i've been doing oly lfits for 3.5months (2months with a coach), and today i learned how to do the triple extension right

Is the snatch grip deadlift 'safer' than conventional deadlift?

I've fucked up my back once doing heavy conventionals with shit form, and it seems like rounding my back is a lot harder on SGDLs than conventionals

will it keep my shit form at bay?

I think you may be the only person I've heard of who had less issues with back rounding on snatch-grip deadlifts than conventional.

If you have really long arms and short femurs, you could theoretically have a much more upright torso in the start position so it'd be harder to let the bar drift forward if your technique is average.

Anyone else lifting for #Brexit?
Not even a brit but would love to see them leave the Eu

There are plenty of records from the 80s that are unbroken.

By your argument, no one would be watching weightlifting now because no one is coming close to Pocket Hercules GOAT sinclair, or snatching 195@90 like Blagoy Blagoev.

youtube.com/watch?v=VFTdyubE-LM

Official announcement

iwf.net/2016/06/22/strong-statement-by-the-iwf-executive-board/

Yeah sure, but that's irrelevant. Ilya cheated. He knew the rules, it's caught up with him. That's it.

iwf.net/2016/06/21/iwf-committee-meetings-in-tbilisi/

>The Chairman, Dr. Michael Irani and the MC Members among many other issues discussed the Transgender Policy of the International Olympic Committee focusing on weightlifting specific aspects, thus creating the basis for the IWF’s own Policy.

Sounds like the IWF will be adopting the IOC's new transgender guidelines. The IOC is not forcing the sports federations to adopt it for their competitions, but seems like the IWF is gonna follow something close to it.

Keep in mind, before shitposting, that transgender people have been allowed to compete in the olympics since 2004. The new guidelines only change a few details, mainly not needing SRS anymore to compete - and a few guidelines for women with hyperandrogenism.

The new IOC guidelines are here stillmed.olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/Medical_commission/2015-11_ioc_consensus_meeting_on_sex_reassignment_and_hyperandrogenism-en.pdf

>Implement a REPORT DOPING tab on the IWF website to ensure more source for receiving intelligence

Ayy, We're about to get china banned

I wish they had blood samples of DImas, he would have tested positive on every occasion.

Ukraine is spiritually part of Russia so we did nothing wrong by occupying it

They might just remake the weight classes and erase old records again lmao

Did dimas' record get erased?

Yes.
iwf.net/results/world-records/?ranking_curprog=progress&ranking_agegroup=Senior&ranking_gender=m&x=19&y=11

Tfw deadlift 200 for 5 reps easily but only front squat 175 for 5

>The good news they're cutting down on doping

This is what retards actually believe lmao

The decrease is slight about 10kg with different weight class

Natty people would be hitting numbers 40kg or more below than what the current champions do

how do i get good at squats, my quads are non existant

squatting also feels uncomfortable af

Squat