Are the white people living in Europe today indigenous to Europe...

Are the white people living in Europe today indigenous to Europe? Do they really descend from populations that existed in Europe tens of thousands of years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencemag.org/news/2014/11/european-genetic-identity-may-stretch-back-36000-years
scienceblogs.com/gnxp/2009/12/09/ashkenazi-jews-are-middle-east/
haaretz.com/study-finds-close-genetic-connection-between-jews-kurds-1.75273
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929707613251
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7570928.stm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. Genetically modern Europeans go back about 36,000 years.

Cool, thanks. How separated are different european populations, e.g. eastern europeans, scandinavians, western europeans, iberians, etc.? Also, how related are ashkenazi jews to europeans?

>Also, how related are ashkenazi jews to europeans?

different genetic studies vary but the basic gist of it is that the paternal lineage / y dna is north-west semitic (jewish in other words) and the maternal lineage is european, mostly southern european. All jews aside from ethiopian and indian jews (who dont have semitic genes) are intermediate between arabs and europeans, sephardi and ashkenazi being closest to europeans.

>All jews aside from ethiopian and indian jews (who dont have semitic genes) are intermediate between arabs and europeans, sephardi and ashkenazi being closest to europeans.

so their closest relatives are, armenians, turks, kurds, syriacs, lebanese, palestinians, cypriots, greeks, southern italians. That kind of quasi-white mediterranean cluster of humanity

So ashkenazi jews are half european? How related are jews to arabs?

depends what you mean by arabs, technically, levant "arabs" aren't actual arabs, they just speak the language and started LARPing as arabs in the 19th century to form an identity so they could revolt against the ottomans/turks

lol what the fuck?
germanics came from indo europeans and went to scandinavia

most of europe are germanics

Are slavs germanic?

estimates vary depending on studies, I'm pretty sure there's studies out there claiming they have pretty much no european ancestry.

Also, someone may want to correct me if I'm wrong about this but, while its generally assumed that the half european dna comes from converts post-diaspora, its also possible that its much older then that and comes from gene flow from southern europe to the levant. For example, there were phonecians (or canaanites), the closest neighbhours and relatives to the ancient jews, who were descended from iberian and southern european migrants. Modern levantine people have not insignificant amounts of southern european dna

The Nordic man evolved in his native land of Europe, and there woulde be no Europe without a white skinned, cold eyed and golden haired Indo-European warrior. Therefore the Europeans of the Northern heritage are native, even if they have a bit eastern R1 haplogroup. Before the Nordic invasion, Europe was just an extention of Asia, inhabited by the broad faced primitives and swarthy meditetreneans.

So only blonde haired people are native to europe?

Proto-Europeans arrived sometime around 40,000 years ago, but they looked nothing like modern Europeans today. For one, most Proto-Europeans (I refuse to call them Cro-Magnons) were dark skinned until around 20,000 years ago, with the exception of the ones who mixed with Neanderthals and carried those skin color genes with them, but light skin didn't become really widespread until much later on. By around 6,000 to 10,000 years ago, blue eyes started to develop in some Europeans, before the entire continent filled adapted light skin. Around the same time, Anatolian/Middle Eastern farmers with lighter but not completely light skin started to move into Europe and mix with the native population, they were the ones who brought domesticated animals and agriculture to Europe, and around 5,000 years or so ago, the light skinned but still slightly darker than modern day Europeans PIE people started to move in from Central Asia. Now, I'm not too educated on those guys, but I do know that many of them did not only have light skin, but also light hair too, which was for a time, only common in proto-North Europeans. Combine all of those and you get Europeans today, though honestly most Europeans don't have that much of the oldest Sapiens population to hit Europe in them anyway.

I think the Sardinians are one of the few mostly Anatolian farmer descended people left, right?

some of them are

WE

>… white people…

ALBINOS?

The Nordic man created Europe as we know it. The "humans" living before him had the same role as the skraelings under the White American rule, or the bantus under the Afrikaaner rule. So I can fairly say that the Nordic man is the real European.

>Nordic
>Golden haired
>White skinned

more like the color of leather or chicken jerky m8. I'd hesitate to even call many of them white, there's obviously something brown or asiatic in their past. Scandis are more like a rare exotic ethnic group in the far flung reaches of europe, like sami or eskimos

That doesn't really answer my question. It just sounds like you're baiting desu :3. I asked "so only bonde haired people are european?"

Define "european".

Depends on the light.

Greeks for comparison. And americans think greek people are brown and scandis are the palest/whitest people in the world

Ashkenazis are kind of weird, because they look like a mix of Middle Eastern fathers and Italian mothers.

As for other European groups, genes match up with geography and language quite a bit, but not perfectly.

sciencemag.org/news/2014/11/european-genetic-identity-may-stretch-back-36000-years

Forgive my poor reading comprehension. I get what you were saying now. My next question is, are you saying that the humans living in Europe before the "Nordic" man weren't the ancestors of the "Nordic" man? Your previous post seems to imply that the nordic people were invaders and not native to Europe.

>And americans think greek people are brown
No we don't and I wish this fucking meme would die already.

why are you taking the bait. This is why Veeky Forums sucks, the same tedious arguments about the same topics every day, all because Veeky Forums is full of easily baited blue pilled normies

I'm just trying to learn about my ancestors (jews and europeans) desu :3

WUZ

retard

Why are you so mad at facts? There's nothing wrong with being non white or quasi white.

t. one of those nationalities, kek. I'm gonna go with armenian, greek, turk or italian. As much as levant "arabs" may hate jews even they aren't so dumb as to dispute the fact they're close relatives

whod of thought jews are most closely related to the ethnicities neighbhouring ancient israel

scienceblogs.com/gnxp/2009/12/09/ashkenazi-jews-are-middle-east/

haaretz.com/study-finds-close-genetic-connection-between-jews-kurds-1.75273

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929707613251

I am

and I meant to describe that cluster of ethnicities as a whole as quasi white, because of turks, armenians, kurds syriacs, etc. I do think greeks and italians specifically are white

Do some ashkenazi jews have significant eastern european ancestry? I'm asking because one of my jewish ancestors looks pretty white.

well you can disregard what that guy is saying, nordics are also descended from pre-indo-europeans, who were similar in appearance to modern nordics. I dont think there's any racially pure indo-europeans in europe, or anywhere for that matter

Yes, in ashkenazi families its common to have say, one sibling who looks like an aryan from a nazi propaganda poster, another sibling who looks very stereotypically jewish / mediterranean / semitic.

People can also look very white without necessarily having european ancestry, or recent european ancestry, but in the case of your ancestor an ashkenazi jew, good chance he got his looks from eastern european genes.

As for say % of eastern european or germanic / central european genes in the ashkenazi population as a whole, most of the studies I've seen put the maternal lineage as mostly southern european and the paternal as mostly levantine/north-west semitic. But Im pretty sure I've seen studies giving percentages of eastern european haplogroups in the ashkenazi gene pool

>But Im pretty sure I've seen studies giving percentages of eastern european haplogroups in the ashkenazi gene pool

something like 10% r1a if I recall correctly. Sorry I'm too lazy to go googling, but its all there waiting for you a search or two away if you want to dig deeper and get more accurate info

> Linguistic grouos are genetic groups
Retard

no slavic is a different language family

SCHLONGED

Absolute horseshit.

Modern europeans are mostly descended from farmers who evolved in the middle east and pastoralists who evolved in central asia, the farmers coming into europe through anatolia during the early neolithic and the pastoralists (aryans) coming in the late neolithic.

Only dark haired and dark eyed ones

How are they any "whiter" than Chinese people?

I'm pretty sure Kermanshah is not "Mediterranean" either, by the way.

Southern Europe was Black and Turkish until the wh*Te German barbarians destroyed the black Roman Empire.

>ran around Europe for less than 2,000 years
>they're practically natives!

some even live in the same village their bronze age ancestors lived in
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7570928.stm

Most Europeans have their origin from three waves of people

Man, Neanderthal features were a lot stronger in Europeans back then. Good thing they became relatively baby faced.

Early European farmers started migrating 8000 years ago

R1b (pie) was already in Europe by then. Pie is much older in Europe

A brief recap

>Oase Cro-Magnon(Romania 40kya)
Related equally to both East Eurasians and WHG, high Neanderthal admixture. Most likely went extinct and didn't contribute much to later populations.
>Kostenki and Sungir(European Russia 37kya)
Related more to WHG than to East Eurasians, but WHG is related to East Eurasians more than Kostenki/Sungir is.
>Aurignacian descendants from Western Europe(35-20k BC)
Related to Kostenki/Sungir but distantly. Mostly irrelevant and were absorbed into WHG in Western Europe
>WHG
Thought to have originated somewhere around Bulgaria 16kya and swept over all of Europe
>ANE
Not related to UP European populations except remotely. Like WHG, closer to East Eurasians than UP European are.

So WHG=Kostenki+East Eurasian while ANE=X(outgroup to UP Europeans)+East Eurasian.

Shut the fuck up you stupid lying cunt.

>closer to East Eurasians than UP European are.
Only because of ANE admixture in certain Mongoloid populations.

Not really since the pattern is there for all East Eurasians and WHG is not that ANE

Even the Frankfag posts better information than what has been posted in this thread, wtf.

The Nordic meme has ruined Veeky Forums

Where can I find myself one of these natural beauties?

am*Rica

>I think the Sardinians are one of the few mostly Anatolian farmer descended people left, right?

Sardinia wasn't inhabited by any population until the past century.

Giving you the upvote with my Reddit Webwide addon

If people are going to get jewy about dates, then no one is indigenous to anywhere.

Modern White Europeans are indigenous to Europe yes.

honorary germanics