Can someone identify this work, it was on the cover of a book but I have seen it before that

Can someone identify this work, it was on the cover of a book but I have seen it before that.

Other urls found in this thread:

tuinderlusten-jheronimusbosch.ntr.nl/en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also; Art thread

The Castle, Hermann Fritz

I identify that as a cool looking painting

Way of the Genius by Wenzel Hablik

Pick one, assholes

did someone say art thread?

Triptychon, or when Jerries go full weird.

Pretty disturbing isn't it

Im looking for a painting made with a similar technique to this one.
It was an austrian painting (i think) and it showed some hunched over soldiers almost crawling through a field.
It was a WW1 painting.
The place that had it said something about it representing the plight of serfs in Austria being similar to that of soldiers because the hunched over frames of the soldiers looked like agricultural workers hauling stuff through a field.
Anyone know it?

seems like a real symbolic painting, this one is an expressionist painting if that helps you any further
any idea in which museum you saw it?

Damn that's some WWI era Goya

Thanks man, he has an interesting style.

full size one.

i thought dix would be more famous than goya on this board

Never heard of him before. Goya on the other hand is pretty well known where I live.

>symbolic painting
Im not sure if it was intended symbolism or just "reminiscent" of serfdom in the interpreter's eyes....it was quite grim thats for sure

It is. for some reason, north of the Alps, the Triptychon was always the weirdest of the paintings.

saw that one and this one in the museum of brussels, i think he was the most progressive of the primitives

tuinderlusten-jheronimusbosch.ntr.nl/en

he is like 4 centuries ahead of his time and even in the 20th century he still would be one of the weirdest birds around.
Artistic singularity, he wasn't just kissed by the muse but had his knob polished and prostate milked.

>tuinderlusten-jheronimusbosch.ntr.nl/en
this is amazing