Veeky Forums please help me out

Veeky Forums please help me out.

I just got a job offer for $45k as a Financial Analyst at a mid-tier corporation.

I'm a fresh college graduate @ 22 years old and I hated everyone I went to school with so I am not going to hang out with them.

I don't like going to bars or clubs or anything.

I'm average looking, somewhat tall as a strong 6', and I'm white.

Where is the best place for me or the best activities I should be doing to find a cute girl (or even just a cute personality) to date?

Already off of the top of my head I can think of going to like, Barnes and Noble or something and just going up to a girl and trying to get her phone number.

Do you guys recommend this or do you have better places or avenues for finding nice cute girls that aren't crazy?

I just feel like once I had my job I pretty much put all the pieces together that I need to have a woman:

1. I workout (I'm still chubby but I'm working on it
2. I'm somewhat good looking
3. I have a job.

In my mind, I am completely ready now to go and start getting a girlfriend. Unfortunately I have no social network and I'm not interested in building one just yet. For you guys on the board, how would you approach life in my shoes: where should I go to meet girls and what should I say to them?

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/poster-v12n1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ive been to a Barnes and nobles like once and it was dope. Hella bitches mirin... that's where I'd start

Were you an accounting major?

In Barnes and Noble looking for 50 shades of grey. 5'9 autist comes up. Starts flexing. Asks for number. Pretend to be deaf. He knows sign language. Oh fuck he's super autist. Turn around walk away. Can hear him sobbing as I exit the store. What's another good book store guys? I can't go there anymore.

Animal rights activism

how into animal rights activism?

>22
>Financial advisor
>making $45k a year
You don't date girls
You don't talk to girls
You don't fuck girls
You will fuck yourself up faster than you can think if you do those things because you're a young stupid kid and you've just got enough leeway in places you shouldn't have until you're at least 25
Stay away from girls user until you mature a bit, otherwise you are crusin for a brusin wasting multiple years of your life and getting nothing in return for it.
Just sayin
How do you go into a barnes and noble to hit on chicks?
I can't be in one for more than 5 minuets without loosing my shit seeing all the faggots that go in there and take books off the shelves then start reading them without buying them
Rustles me like no tomorrow

look for meetups or find big organizations in the nearest big city and check their events. good luck pretending to be vegan

>45k starting.
Lel, make twice as much as you as an intern.

>You don't fuck girls
This.

Ignore the other 2 points. If you don't socialize with girls you'll get nowhere. It's pretty evident that your confidence is lacking due to the fact that you think having a job will help you get a grill.

You need to mature but get out there.
Whatever you do though, do. not. have. sex.

Wait until you're married. You'll thank me if you do.

>Whatever you do though, do. not. have. sex.

how will i keep a girlfriend interested if i dont fuck her regularly?

shes just gonna end up bored and find someone who can give her what she wants

ow did u know :)P

>how will i keep a girlfriend interested if i dont fuck her regularly?
You are clearly immature.
And a girl who can't wait until marriage, better yet doesn't find you interesting enough to wait until marriage isn't worth your time anyway.

>shes just gonna end up bored and find someone who can give her what she wants
Do you lack charisma or something?
A girl who doesn't find you interesting without sex will either cheat on you or divorce you. It's inevitable.

This is fucking retarded. Why would you willingly deny yourself sex? You're getting meme'd OP

i know literally nothing about girls man. i just feel like ive built up enough assets that it feels like the right time to go out and meet women.

i can afford to take her out one or twice while i get to know her.

what do ou recommend for how i talk to these girls and how to keep them laughing and smiliing (thats really want i like,when i keep a girl smiling). and at the end interested in coming back to hang out some more

Either go to bars, or develop some actual interests. You sound boring as fuck, desu, so what are you going to talk about even if you do meet a girl?

The things you're putting forward are not attractive - you're saying simply you're not unemployed. The only kind of girl you'll attract is one that just wants to get married, and doesn't care who to. If that's what you want, save yourself effort and just hire a matchmaker.

oh, if i meet a girl at some random place just chillin, if the conversation goes well enough should i invite her over to my apartment just to play some video games?

my house is pretty clean and plus since i always use cologne in the morning it makes my room smell extra good.

i figure if she gets used to just chillin on my bed playin like counterstrike or something we can transition it from thre.

how aggressive should i be like is inviting a girl to chill something that you need to be like, prepared for and plan for?

Don't "Take them out" on a cliche dinner date. That shits boring and wont get you laid. You need to try to be a fun person to be around, and girls will gravitate towards you.

Once you get a girls number, suggest fun outdoorsy shit if going for a relationship, and a movie at your place if going for a friends with benefits type of thing. Dont listen to this fucking faggot telling you to wait until you're married. thats fucking pathetic. Godspeed OP

Be yourself bro.
Do you have hobbies? And by hobbies I don't mean lifting, vidya or anime but REAL hobbies.

If you don't you need to get some. You don't even have to be well-versed in said hobbies, just get started so when hobbies come up (and it will come up) you aren't a sitting duck.

Granted, you don't want to talk more than her. Let her do the talking. You just need to have hobbies ready for when it's time for you to chime in.

Get to know her hobbies as she gets to know yours.
Arrange a date to do get to know eachother's hobbies and you're golden.

Godspeed user

ya thats what i was hoping you guys could give advice on. i dunno wtf to say to girls i just smile at them and hope my good looks carry me through the conversations. sometimes it works cuz girls say im cute but othertimes they just say im a creep and they stop being so involved in the conversations.

do you guys have any like, tried and true conversation paths that i can just follow and never have to worry about not having something to say during a conversation?

Tinder is definitely your friend compadre. You'll definitely have better success with it than you will just walking up to people alone most if the time.

Also, do you have any hobbies? If not, get some. You're out of college, you have a job, and more importantly you have free time. Try new things, especially if they're group oriented. You may not want to expand your social circle, but getting out and doing things will do that naturally. You'll meet interesting people (women included) and it'll get you out there doing something. Try new things is enriching, and it makes you more interesting. That'll go a long way when you eventually do meet a woman.

OP do this...
I fucked way too much of my life over women. It's just not worth it broseph

>tried and true conversation paths
I tried to look into this too, it doesn't exist. Instead I just smoked/drank and hung out with girls until I was good enough to do it sober.

u mean i cant just find some girl at the bookstore and be like "hey whats up" and shes like "oh hey" and ill be like "yo that sa good book" n she'll be all smiling and like "yaaa i love _______ the author" which is usually how they react.

from there cant i just be like "yo u wanna get something to eat?"

wtf do i talk about while we are eating? and also is it appropriate if after we finish eaiting im like
damn im tired lets go back and chill at my place, i got central air n a pretty nice computer, do you play cs or anything? we can watch netflix too.q

Hope you're trolling with that last part. If so, thats some serious autism. First paragraph is fine

STOP TRYING TO MEMORIZE A SCRIPT.

It's phony, and anyone, especially girls, can see right through it.

What do you like to do? What do you talk about with your friends? Do you have friends? What do you spend your time doing?

The easiest way to get laid is to talk to girls like people, not like you're taking your dick on an awkward job interview. It's mostly a numbers game, and if you talk to enough without acting like it's a video game you'll find ones you click with.

If nothing else, learn an instrument and join a shitty band. In shape and on stage always kills.

The autismo is strong.

In case you aren't trolling though op. You're overestimating women. They're people just like you. Just fucking get out there and talk to them. Preferably in a social setting and not in a fucking bookstore. They can be fun to go to when you're out WITH a woman, but aren't necessarily ideal for picking women up.

Here. It's half joking, but some good points here. Don't go for the stupid PUA shit, it's beyond pathetic.

vice.com/read/poster-v12n1

Not OP but I have no male friends. My girlfriend is literally the only one I hang out with. What do I do?

Dont say "find a hobby!" because I am not good at anything that I know of, and I can't even think of anything I would want to do.

>In my mind, I am completely ready now to go and start getting a girlfriend.
>Unfortunately I have no social network and I'm not interested in building one just yet.
You're putting the cart before the horse. You need to be socially capable, then get friends, then get a gf. You're trying to jump straight to the gf while hoping that she doesn't notice you literally have no social life, and if you have no social life you probably have no social skills.
>if i meet a girl at some random place just chillin, if the conversation goes well enough should i invite her over to my apartment just to play some video games?
This is why you join a social group. Then you can say "hey my friends are throwing a party this weekend" or "me and some people from work are going to the beach later, you should come".
If the only thing you have going on in your life is work and your apartment, then you're limited to solo dates or inviting her back to your place. And if you invite a chick back to your place they already assume you're trying to hook up with them, so you either get rejected or don't need the games of "let's hang out on my bed and oh wow now we're making out how did that happen".

Try something new. Literally anything. You're giving up before you even start. Intramural sports league, game night at a local shop, take up a martial art, join a book club, go take swing dancing classes, volunteer at a pet shelter, volunteer at a homeless shelter. Hell, you may even be way into baking if you try it.

You need something that'll put you in social situations so that you can meet people. Otherwise you'll sit at home and bitch at us all day.

>I am not good at anything that I know of
Maybe you're not aware of this but you get good at things by being bad at them for a while. Being bad at something is no excuse to not try.
>I can't even think of anything I would want to do.
If that's true then why aren't you happy with your current life?

Get out of your comfort zone. Do something that you've dismissed your entire life.
I'm a pretty big pro wrestling fan. It gives me hours of entertainment and I've met dozens of people in the wrestling community. My entire life I thought "Oh that fake gay shit is for rednecks, I'm not into wrestling". And then one day I gave it a shot and realized that I really liked it.

I'm not saying that wrestling is necessarily your thing but there's no way that you've actually tried everything that you dismiss as "I'm not interested in that". Go take a course at a community college. Learn a language and the culture/country of that language. Pick up a sport. Go to a meetup.com group for something. Go on a hike. Learn how to cook if you can't already. Just DO something.

Find a hobby. Seriously - if you don't have outside interests from your girlfriend you'll likely lose her, or spend the rest of your life in codependency.

What do you do all day? Video games, TV? You're on fit, so you like fitness, right? Why not join a sports league?

Bars and other places like them exist for a reason - it's a part of the world where meeting strangers is expected. That's why they get to charge you a 500% markup, because you're not paying for the booze, you're paying for the people.

You'll suck at everything when you first start.

This is a wise user.

Social capital is a huge thing. Think about it in reverse - would you date a girl who has no friends or interests?

And if you said yes, you probably haven't had enough crazy pussy cross your bed yet to learn why red flags are red flags.

The only reason im able to lift is because I dont need to be a part of a team or anything, I can do it on my own.

Basically I have a huge fear of failure that prevents me from doing anything new. I am autistic when it comes to talking to anyone that isnt my GF. Its a fucking miracle I even have her (shes probably 7/10).

I can't play a team sport because of the fear of letting other people down because im shit. I dont want to be THAT guy. When I played hockey as a kid everyone secretly didn't like the people that were shit at it. What does that leave me with? Im open to suggestions.

"Basically I have a huge fear" - well, that's what you deal with then. You either confront fear and move forward, or you let it defeat you before you start.

Fake it till you make it - the best way to deal with a fear of failure is to try. Either you succeed, and aren't afraid of failing - or you fail, and realize it's not the end of the world.

Fuck, you're likely dead in 80 years anyways, who gives a shit?

Do me personally a favor - tomorrow start a conversation with a stranger. About anything. The weather. Just say something to someone in line at the store, and have them say something back. Pretend you're in a shitty sitcom scene as a background player if that helps. The reason this shit isn't as hard as you think is humans really don't give a shit about other people like you think they do.

This user has his right.
Look op you have some pretty neato things going for you but meeting girls and having a great time with them (and fucking them) is an incredibly fun and important part of your evolution as a man, you need to keep lifting and sculpt a body made of marble too btw. But go out drink a little and if you truly accept that you have no outlying motive other than having fun girls will see this and you'll have a decent shot at poon.
I wish you the best at both your career and your social adventure

>I have a huge fear of failure that prevents me from doing anything new
>What does that leave me with? Im open to suggestions.
So you're open to suggestions, just as long as you don't have to do anything new.
Well, you already solved your problem, don't do anything! Nothing will change and nobody will know you're a loser, until your gf realizes that she's wasting her life on a guy with no skills and no friends, and the only redeeming quality you have is your body which will only atrophy the older you get. And then nobody in your life will know you're a loser besides you, because you'll be the only person in your life. And you can live with that. Forever. Or until you try something new.

I meant suggest new hobbies LMAO

The 3 comments you responded to were nothing but suggestions of what to do. In the world that we live in there's countless hobbies, skills, social groups, and things to do. You're choosing to not do any of them.

Those suggestions were pretty shit. A book club?

What do normal functioning guys do? Honestly I dont even know. Everyone I know just drinks and smokes.

Then either go drink and smoke, or do something else. It's your shitty life. Fuck, go build a rocket to orbit if that's your thing. Anything is more interesting than someone that just sits around complaining but won't do shit about though.

Here's all of the current suggestions that aren't good enough for you:
>Intramural sports league, game night at a local shop, take up a martial art, join a book club, go take swing dancing classes, volunteer at a pet shelter, volunteer at a homeless shelter. Hell, you may even be way into baking if you try it.
>I'm not saying that wrestling is necessarily your thing but there's no way that you've actually tried everything that you dismiss as "I'm not interested in that". Go take a course at a community college. Learn a language and the culture/country of that language. Pick up a sport. Go to a meetup.com group for something. Go on a hike. Learn how to cook if you can't already. Just DO something.
Here's a few more suggestions that you'll ignore:
Fire spinning, literally any musical instrument, comic books, role-playing games, Warhammer 40k, get your own pet and go to activities, go to local events and fairs, yoga
Millions of people are able to do the things listed above and make new friends. Maybe the problem is you not doing anything to help your situation.

Ive actually thought about fire spinning. It would be a good way to force me to keep lifting to maintain my body. Problem is im in the fucking midwest so theres really nowhere to perform that I can think of. I'll look into it.

Also considered sparring with swords or fencing. I don't know. Thanks for the harsh truth. My dad is a bitch and never did anything like that for me. thanks.