Any skaters on Veeky Forums?

Any skaters on Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

brown.edu/academics/philosophy/index.php?q=adam-pautz
youtube.com/watch?v=4GFIXrybfKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

skated all through my teeens and still have a roll every now and then but it's pretty fuggin gay to be quite honest family

i bet you have a roll, a big buttery one every now and then you fatass

You must not be a true sk8r

Yes

If you're an adult, then skating shouldn't even be something you're associated with.

It's a childish hobby desu senpai.

>Skater
>No wounds in shins/arms
>New shoes

Pick two fagot

so fucking gay

just kill yourself

Fuck you m8. Skateboarding is good.

I also skated throughout hs. But honestly if you're over like 21 yrs old and not decent or flow for some board shop you should stop skating. I only stopped because no one in college skates, all the homes either stopped skating or went to college (stopped skating).

Yeah. It's fun. I don't get why people hate it so much. I picked it up when I was 20 at college because I had nothing to do and now it's a pleasant hobby of mine.

Does longboarding count?

No that's actually gay.

it is good but it's just fuckin gay man
all my mates who still skate are washed up as fuck, they are like in their mid 20s and do nothing but skate and work in dead end part time jobs

and skate culture sorta encourages that.

don't worry about going to uni or doing anything worthwhile man just skate, skateboarding is life bro you'll be able to skate forever

ask me anything about skating and ill be able to answer it

Only when I squat.

skated for three years or so. quit two years ago because of other sports and workouts.

i was dabbling in weights coincidentally at the time. did barbell lifts which helped me increase my vertical on the board. i could always skate longer than my group, but i couldn't do as many tricks.

>love longboarding
>can't help but be attracted to Bailey Jay
>like Coldplay

The odds are beginning to stack against me

not that user, but I'm an academic and know a couple skaters who are either grad students at top schools or tenure track profs at top schools

>tenure track profs

How does it feel to have friends that are liars?

yeah and how many skaters do you know who did nothing after high school and have spent the last 5 years smoking cones on their mum's couch?

a lot more i'll bet

>tfw no qt sk8r gf

All qt sk8r girls are actually just there to score weed and fuck actual skaters. You dont want to fucking date one.

I make $10 an hour, am about to move out of parents house into apartment with GF, smoke, drink, skate, and lift. Im pretty satisfied with my life. Get at me overachievers

i know grown me who are like that and it's kind of sad. but i also know ones who have a lot more professional-types of lifestyles. skating as a sport is essentially a solo workout. regardless of attitude, i think people who skate in their 20s and onward are kids at heart in a way.

yeah nm, the main one I was thinking of has tenure: brown.edu/academics/philosophy/index.php?q=adam-pautz

not many, but that's probably only because I didn't really know many skaters in high school. I do know plenty of non-skaters who ended up like that, though.

why would you want a skatepark urchin as a gf? when you're not with her she is socializing. and she is doing so at the park. think about it you set yourself up for failure.

Skateboarding is literally the only sport in the world that requires any real balls. Football playing faggots wear pads and helmets, basketball lanklets don't take any risks other than bumping into each other, baseball players literally run around in circles with zero risk, etc.

Skaters though? They do shit like this.

I think it's the fact that I was always pretty straight-edge, never able to get tats or big piercings for the job I have (firefighter/paramedic). Something about fucking tatted up, pierced, and otherwise scene and rave trash just makes my dick diamonds, what can I say.

Why on earth would any self respecting woman date a tripfag? I can't even imagine the embarrassment they would feel.

People like you are the reason why I left skating behind.

Remember when skaters were hardcore and not fuccboi trash? No you dont.

i'm gonna be real with you here, most of the girls i see at parks these days are usually pretty clean looking average girls who wear skater brand type shit. even if they have piercings and tats they aren't hardcore looking whatsoever. most of them don't even skate. occasionally there are a few who can carve and do a few tricks.

i see more females who fit your description out in public. i actually don't see any who look like that at skate parks.

maybe this is just all about where we live at. but this is from my experiences.

sounds like you have an early 20s superiority complex stemming from identity issues.

>BMX
>Skydiving/wing suit stuff
>moto cross/motorcycle tricks
>downhill skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking
>rock climbing
>cliff diving

tons of respect for those guys desu, i could never do it

Oh, thats what it is.

I thought I was farting because you posted a pop star and asked about skating.

not even op. pic related? looks like a douchebag who can't do anything more than an ollie and the tic tac. anything semi-Veeky Forums related is thread-able. look at the catalog. half of it is shit. look at the system and regard details instead of extending your jabs wildly.

>Op is a skater boy
>Wafu said you're beta boy
>So he shitposted on Veeky Forums

I used to skateboard in high school. I like to think I was pretty good. I continued to skate in college but I suffered an injury unrelated to skateboarding and was out for a couple months and with all the things going on back then I never got back into skateboarding.

I decided I'm gonna start skating again as a way to expend more calories once I begin cutting - I never enjoyed running but I always enjoyed skateboarding. Right now I am bulking and doing SS and I don't do cardio. I'm the strongest and fattest I've ever been in my life. Once I reach the natural limit of the SS routine, I'll start cutting and start skating. It's been 10 years and I lift weights now so I weigh a lot more, so the risk of injury limits what I am willing to do. I have a skateboard with 60mm wheels so I'm probably just gonna get really good at the mini-ramp (I can do switch axle stalls still probably) and all the ollies / nollies / switch / fakie 180's etc. No more backside flips or switch flips for me, not any time soon at least.

>wanting a ramp tramp for a gf

[AVRIL LAVIGNE INTENSIFIES]

I forgot to mention, the risk of losing all my gains to some injury isn't worth it so when I start skating again I'll keep it basic. It's still a ton of fun, I rolled around the neighborhood a few weeks ago and it was a ton of fun to just roll around again.

He's an Australian actor. Was in never give up 2 from memory

This is a 18+ board, please leave.

>pretty bad at skating
>a lot of my coworkers skate
>they're going to a skatepark during lunch friday and invited me

Go man. Seems like fun. Wish I had that opportunity

i'm going to go because they all respect me otherwise but i am for sure going to embarrass myself
i can barely kickflip and have never been to a skatepark before

any other cardio will be counter-productive to your skating. your skating will not really affect your gains unless you do not have enough time to recover. go slow on the board and do flat ground shit. once you can do basic tricks and kick push hard and cruise with strength under you then hit the park. if you hit the park right away that is another dimension completely.

Go there ahead of time and practice, ldo.

better to go and tag along. tell them you're not great at it, if anything just relax and talk
jusburslf

sounds like a waste of time and a lot of socializing while you still try and learn again. do flat ground for a few weeks and then hit the park. nobody likes that guy at the park.

Why shouldn't anyone learn past 21? Its fun, as long as you have your life together should you really care if some fag thinks youre a fag for skating?

It looks childish, but by all means go ahead it's fun. But I wouldn't spend hours hitting up a spot and getting tricks down anymore. And it takes a while to "look good" while you're cruising. All these awkward as cats on Longboards and shithe look like they're going to fall off thear boards. You can tell how experienced someone is by their "steez" it's like lifting form.

>Skater
>Actually wearing Osiris

pick one

>she said see you lt8r boi

Ayy

On topic though, skating is fun, but it's like weed. The culture is degenerate, but the activity is fine once in a while. Personally I never was any good at regular skateboard, but I love bombing some hills on my longboard together with my mates- which we do a few times every summer.

Do scooters count?

the plague of skateparks

me in the center

>Anonymous 06/23/16(Thu)05:42:12 No.37659
33m - started skating this year. trying to see how it will improve my overall fitness (eg. if it's something worth doing besides gym).

>Longboards

youtube.com/watch?v=4GFIXrybfKg

>nobody skates in college
you're going to the wrong college m9, I've been skating with people all throughout college. And it's not even like we place skating above classes and shit, we just skate on the weekend's or in between class

long boarding only counts if you don't just cruise
there are tons of tricks and shit that you can do on a longboard including the cliche tricks like kick flip and shuv its

>confirmed for not making it
everyone at the parks that's good know they had to start somewhere and aren't fagguettes about it

>using skateboard to get from A to B because its fun and a good workout
>feel the stares everywhere i skate through
>can feel the subconscious desire of people to see me fall
>people avoidong and thinking im a poser when i show up somewhere with my board
>just like skating

fuck whats wrong with people i just like skating

I think you're just projecting(srs), only soccer moms and misguided assholes want to see skaters fall down