Are masculinity and femininity socially determined?

Are masculinity and femininity socially determined?

Yes, no, maybe, I don't know.

no

Yes

Based in biology, reinforced by culture. There are plenty of things though (like boy = blue and girl = pink) that are 100% artificial though.

not really. Either is supported largely by God. Its jobs that are the real kicker between the two sexes.

Define "God."

Some things have biological basis, but its mostly social and cultural.

It represents the accumulated weight of cultural constructions on a base of biology. The biological elements are universal, while the cultural elements are regional developments.

CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION

Did Dewey die? Wikipedia doesn't say so.

>Based in biology, reinforced by culture

This, really. In all debates where it's nature vs nurture or biology vs culture, there's two levels.

The part where people discuss how the two impact each other and how it's structures (if it's a constant feedback loop where one reinforce the other or if we should view it as biology providing a minimum and maximum of something and nurture deciding where in between you're placed). This is the level worth bothering with.

Then there's the brainlet version where you have brainlets trying to debate if it's *only* nurture or *only* nature.

no, its an old /tv/ meme based on that pic and what it implies

Don't ask Veeky Forums, it's filled with neo-liberal teenagers that probably spend half their time on reddit

and where do you spend your time friend

There's literally nothing wrong with visiting /pol/ as long as you keep /pol/ shit in /pol/

He didn't say that there was anything wrong with that. He didn't even imply it, since /pol/ is definately not neo-liberal. In fact, neither is Veeky Forums.

>/pol/ is definately not neo-liberal
lel

/pol/ is neo-liberal and so is Veeky Forums.

>neoliberal

I don't think you're using that word correctly.

II am. Don't you have a business presentation to prepare?

only in gendered languages. english is not gendered in its nouns like some european languages except for pronouns.

>dependent
nurture (cross-cultural studies, common sense)
>emotional
nurture (please let men start feeling again I can't take this hyper-defensive repression-based shitstain culture any longer just let these not particularly smart or attractive manlet syndrome cucks feel so they'll stop harshing my mellow with their pent up and stunted emotions)
>passive
the testosterone helps but this is clearly both
>sensitive
nurture
>graceful
nature (prenatal estrogen and similar do that thing to your fine motor shit or whatever)
>innocent
lol nurture
>weak
nature--again, testosterone
>nurturing
why the fuck is active the opposite of nurturing?
>soft
emotionally or physically? nurture either way
>sexually
hahahahahahahahaha mostly nurture
>accepting
desu if anything it's the opposite. also nurture.