Tfw its deadlift day for me tomorrow

>tfw its deadlift day for me tomorrow
>its the one thing i look forward to these days

Fav lift thread? Fav lift thread

ive seen this image probably 30-40 times in the last 6 years and ive only now just noticed the dog

i actually hadnt noticed it either. >tfw no dogbro

>Deadlift bar

candido looks old

RIP

we cry eryytime

Squats. Ass to the floor. I can do that shit all day.

Leg day is best day.

Squats and the variations of it.
Deadlifts conventional.
OHP
Clean and the variations of it.

Deadlift by far..

Squats are my favorite right now.

For some fucking reason I've been DREADING deadlifts lately. Someone tell me how to love again

Why are you holding your breath during the lift?

>Why are you holding your breath during the lift?

Search valsalva maneuver. Referred to loosely as "bracing"

In short it allows me to squat without my back bending at all

conventional diddlies
lowbar skwatz
binchprass

in that order

OHP

board i never filmed myself sumo'ing so I just moved back to conventional full-time btw

>tfw deadlifts are great but OHP PRs feel better

Same OP, deadlift day is also OHP day for me so it's just good shit all around. Something about both of those lifts just feels amazing, picking shit up off the floor and shoving shit up over your head.

Tbh benching is amazing too though, and all the accessories I do on bench day are god tier.

I'll be honest, the only exercise I dislike is squats. Fuck squats. If anything makes me feel like I'm going to hurt myself it's squats, either by exploding my knees or getting some kind of tendonitis in my arms. I go lighter on them than I should because of this.

this pic has never fitted better

BOOOOO SHAAAAAAME
aight tho just lmk if you ever want pointers

Diddylifts fucking slay me dude. Drains me of all my energy and ruins the rest of my workout. Shit sucks.

today was my deadlift day.

1pl8x9 2pl8x7 3pl8x5 4pl8x3 4pl8x3 4pl8x3 3pl8x12

Then I hit kneeling leg curls and seated leg curls for max hammy gains

Then I did 6 sets of OHP and gtfo of the gym. twas a beautiful workout

Stopped doing them after I started getting lots of pain in my upper back after about 2 sets. Still can't get the neutral back position down correctly.

I've replaced deadlifts with 3-4 isolation exercises but I'd rather do deadlifts ;(

>Still can't get the neutral back position down correctly.

I have a similar problem my man. I'm 6'2" and my proportions are a bit awkward so getting the bar past my knees without rounding my back is super fucking hard. I'm blaming my height but honestly it could just be that I'm weak as fuck, I don't know, but when I'm doing diddlys with what I think is correct form it really feels like most of the work is being done by my legs.

What do you do instead?

why are you high repping a compound movement ?

> 42 reps.

all that energy used for..... ?

are you trying to increase the amount of reps for 315 to attract attention of the people with jobs? or are you trying to break your current plateau / max of 425 ?

you're holding back lots of potential for strength gains ? and what about deficit deads ? rack pulls ? chain pulls ? DYEL ?

Just keep doing diddlys at my bitchweight hoping things will improve or I'll figure it out. They're still fun even if it feels weird. I'm tempted to try and increase weight even if it means fucking up my form a bit but that way lies madness of course.

Snatch, just started doing them a couple months ago. So much fun.

>If you don't train the way I do your training is bad
You know different things work for different people and that people have different goals.

i do deficits once in a while

My max is well over 425, actually

idk, im not a powerlifter. I lift for fun/aesthetics. I feel great after a workout like that. Life is more than lifting, user

bench is my favorite lift, because it is the only one I am good at.

6'2" bro here as well.

Any tips for the long-femur'd?

Days where I deadlift are becoming incredibly discouraging.

Also having trouble with bracing my core. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do and I keep hurting my back.

I feel the exact opposite. I look forward to Deadlift day. Squats though, I fucking hate doing those. The fact you do them every day is even worse.

6'3 here I started doing dead lifts off the first notch on the bottom of the power rack. Found it was heaps better. And for bracing take a deap breath hold if and squeeze your core as well as your glutes, legs, and keep your shoulders pulled back

OHP manliest lift desu

That describes my first two years of lifting before squats felt good and deadlifts started feeling like shit desu

>The fact you do them every day is even worse.

This, good god. I still do them everyday but it's such a pain. I admit that on deadlift days I just do 3x5 instead of 5x5 squats though. It's too much.

Not really a lift but am I the only one who loves the feeling of a heavy tricep pull down

>tfw OHP used to be fav lift then you injured your rotator cuff

That's the only part of my 'arms twice per week' program that I miss.
The feeling of five heavy tricep pulldown sets after 16 sets of bicep shit.

jefferson deadlift

Damn dude neither did I.

i hope never to feel this feel

giving up ohp would kill me