Just returned from the clinic with a diagnosis of major depression, anxiety and body dismorphia...

Just returned from the clinic with a diagnosis of major depression, anxiety and body dismorphia. Should I an hero or just take the pills?

Be a hero, OP

Change your state of mind. Leave your comfort zone. Then you will stop hating who you are

After months of alcoholism I collapsed and got hospitalized about a month back. But I'm back on Veeky Forums and I'm going to get back to how I was before the self-hate. I hope you're here with me.

Cognitive behavioral therapy worked for my anxiety and depression, might work for you if you're functioning. Idk about the dysmorphia. Maybe avoid staring body outside of the gym for a while??

*staring at your body

Make it happen bros. Believe yourselves, no one else ever will.

Th-thanks /fitizens. I'll take the meds and go to therapy. Doc said to keep going to the gym since that helps people with depression...just try not to focus so much on how I look in the mirror.

Use fit as a guide, only; there are subtle to informed bros on this site. However, most ???
Get a good support system if you intend to stay abstinent. Meeting and face-to-face situations, not the Internet(in general)
Paz

If by clinic you mean /r9k/ and by diagnosis you mean got ignored on tinder

You can do this bro, tons of people have done it before, and so will you. Just give it time and effort and try to focus on the positive feels that come with exercise, rather than the pump.

this. do something you're scared of every day. then meditate at least once a day

I wish...I knew something was wrong for a while but never really considered it a medical problem until I lost my job a few months back and thing started going out of control. Had trouble getting out of bed, looking for work and the gym become my only "safe space". I barely managed to motivate myself to call up and schedule an eval. Now I'm on 20mg on Lexipro and 10mg aderall.

Please take pills. My brother has Body Dysmorphia, anxiety and depression. On the pills he is tired but happy and relatively healthy. Off the pills he is suicidal, majorly depressed and angry/hopeless 24/7. Supplement the prescribed drugs with 600mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine. That part is important. The prescribed drugs hit only seratonin, NAC hits glutamate. Google this shit and change your life. If you dont have the motivation (cos depression) tell your family about NAC, Ketamine infusions and any drug that hits glutamate

For what it's worth, reading the Tao Te Ching really changed my outlook on life, and I feel a lot better about things now. Reading more and more is helping too.

Oh I know. I'm just getting back into self-improvement. There was a time I was working, going to school, in good shape, reading all the time..... I don't know. Things just broke down a bit at a time.

Try micro-dosing magic mushrooms.
Anti-depressants never work. They just make you psychotic.
Micro-dosing works if you do it right. start with lower doses and build up your tolerance.

Got a guide for it here:
>thethirdwave.co/blog/microdosing-lsd-mushrooms

>having anxiety problems
>fixing it by taking hallucinogens
pick one

it's in super low doses. There is no "trip". The first day of trying it you might be very emotional the first week or so. But after that you feel a lot more balanced and focused.

It worked for my brother

Proud of this thread for it's responses. Shows Veeky Forums isn't a cesspool of trolls and shitposts, some people genuinely do come here with the intention of helping others.

OP:

Body Dysmorphia - This is a slippery slope for fit guys that tends to get unconsciously worse as you get even more in shape/good looking. The best thing for this is remembering that your progress exists exclusively in the context of your life and past. Don't compare your abs, delts, arms, etc to your "goal" body or to anyone else's. Compare them to YOUR past body, especially your day 1 starting out self. Be careful in /cbt/ or progress threads, if you participate. They are great for blunt objective feedback toward FUTURE goals, but the people responding have little to no context where you began or what gains you've made to this point. And learning to differentiate between trolls who are just doing their thing vs people are delivering that honest critique.

Major Depressive Disorder - Use and have faith in the medication, never ever stop taking anything cold turkey. I have someone close to me who's attempted suicide three times over the years who's been on and off the meds + treatment for a decade. That person is now happily married with a child on the way, no incidents in several years. People do eventually conquer it, but it takes time. Therapy and medication are synergistic, they work in tandem, more affective together than either alone.

meditation

positive affirmation

improve diet

exercise

enjoy your fixed brain

I say don't take the pills user, I was diagnosed with depression 4 years ago and the pills will have you sedated most of the time, you don't truly get to be yourself.

Go to therapy, and never stop going, do what this user says and keep working to bettering yourself. Do things you don't want to do. No matter how pointless they seem.