How come they didn't become popular in europe? did they fear the white warrior?

how come they didn't become popular in europe? did they fear the white warrior?

Camels are fucking assholes, they spit and they don't take directions from riders very well. Their utility comes from the fact that they don't need a ton of water. If you're living in an environment where getting water isn't an issue (i.e. europe), horses are just a million times easier to deal with.

horses are also significantly handsomer and nobler

Name one instance where a camel would be more useful than a horse in a non-desert climate.

how come they didn't persist in southern spain and dryer parts of europe? wouldn't they be useful in famine time cause they don't drink water? also why not use them to counter cavalrymen in medieval and early modern warfare. weren't horses allegedly scared of camels?

and their dicks are much more amazing too!
Having a camel in spain's semi-deserts and the mediterranean is just overkill, you don't need something that can survive for a month without drinking because you're never that far from a water source anyways. Camels are for shit like the saharrah or the steppe, where you need to travel massive distances to get from one source of water to the other.

Camels cannot be domesticated on the same levels as horses, they're obnoxious as fuck. You might as well ask why we didn't ride elephants around.

t. Glitterhoof

they stink

What about armored camels? Those things are fucking trains in ATTILA total war I'd think they would be the best heavy cavalry available.

They were slower and couldn't survive the winter.

Lol have fun training camels
Protip: its not fun and you could do it much faster by just using horses

Mongolian Winters are harsher

What training do war horses and other similar mounts go through? Genuine question.

Like I know wat elephants were taught to pull people apart by stepping on them then ripping them in half with their trunk or using big ass daggers with their trunk but I have no clue about war horses other than slap some armor on it and go.

asian people didn't domesticate them so Europeans couldn't just steal them and start using them like horses

They were trained to fart en masse on the retreat so archers wouldn’t shoot at them

The same way dressage horses are taught now. Most of the fancy kicks, rears and jumps stem from military maneuvers to get the horse to fight or to get out of trouble if you get surrounded by infantry.

The Lucy Worsley documentary Reins of Power covers it in an informative and entertaining manner though more focused on civilian riding.

No amount of dry landscape in Europe is enough to warrant the existence of camels as mounts. There's like two or three little deserts in Spain where no one lives nor has anyone ever lived.

different kind of camel

They were called the "Ships of the desert" for a reason. European knights used charge cavalry, it's waaay too hard to charge with a cammel. First it takes too much time to train the damn thing(maybe generations until the species learn to charge properly) and it's hard to keep balanced on one, while charging.
>Counter to cavalrymen
Sudden AoEII flashbacks.
This

Every ruminant do

The camels haven't even begun to fight.

They have certain charm to it.

I've been to several camel farms (mainly to get them awesome camel cheese) and my kids liked playing with them.

They're a bit of assholes but some of them seems to recognize my family and and they often come and kiss (and licked) my 3yo kid.

They feared the Equine Warrior.
As posters above said, there is little use for camels in Europe.

The fuck you're talking about?

Camels ate so good for food. Too bad shit is so expensive.

>camel cheese

Rich Arab Sheikhs pay German, Scandinavian, Slavic instagram whores to fuck the Camels while they watch, they alo shit on them.

hawt

>t. lipizzaner stallion