I only got a homegym with adjustable dumbbells, a bench and a pull up bar...

I only got a homegym with adjustable dumbbells, a bench and a pull up bar. Couldn't find any dumbbell only routines so I had to make one on my own. Rate please.

A
3x8 DB Press
3x8 Incline DB Press
3x8 Close Grip DB Press
3x8 DB Tricep Extensions
3x8 Sit Ups

B
3x8 DB Goblet Squat
3x8 Negative Chin Ups
3x8 Incline DB Rows
3x8 One Handed DB Rows
3x8 DB Bicep Curls

AxBxAxBx

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTDapcklnV8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

no legs 4 dayzzz

I feel like as long as the squats kill my legs I don't really need any other isolation for the lower body. What would you change tho?

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

>Rate
Anywhere from 0/10 to 2/10

..call it 1/10, i guess..

>dumbbell squats
>useful for anything but cardio
Kek...

Enjoy progressively overloading your lower body musculature with a 10lb dumbbell

Would you like to point out why is it bad so I can improve it?

I am not flexible enough for pistol squats, so If I did them I would do them assisted. Anything else I could do without the need of a barbell?

Shit exercise selection
Shit split
Shit frequency
Presumably shit progression
And since you are very plainly novice as fuck, shit rep range.
Pretty much everything that can be bad is....

>Anything else i can do?
Spend like 1 week training mobility
or KYS.

I personally recommend the latter over the former

alrighty then. could you please spend some of your time to suggest another novice program that requires dumbbells bench and a pullup bar?

>1 week
Aight mate...

God that's horrid

A
4x5 DB Press (every week increase reps by 1-2 each set until you reach 12, increase weight and start off from 4x5 again)
3x8 Incline DB Press
3x6-7 DB Skullcrushers
Plank 1xF
Side planks 1xF
Leg raises 3xF (try 8-12 desu senpai)

B
Shame about the DB squats, try and do same thing you do for bench
do lunges as well, maybe static, 3x10
3-5x6 Pullups
3x8 1hand DB rows
3x6 supinated curls

I tried leaving as much as possible from the original
It's not that good, but if you like doing this, go for it
Work on mobility
Do dem abs every 2 days
Stretch 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes and stretch for 15 before workouts desu

>4 SCOOPS CMON SON

Your right 1 week seems long.

Try 30 minutes.

This guys is better.
I would still drop the frequency to AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

And instead of trying to do this push pull split nonsense, go for a fullbody.

The lower rep range and double progression is a nice improvement, but i would keep in in the 3-8 range, rather than 5-10.

Still a shit routine tho, lol

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

>another novice program that requires dumbbells bench and a pullup bar
There are none. I know you're working with what you've got but you won't get results with just those two, simple as that.
Go to a real gyn

4 SCOOPS C'MON SON

When you say "bench" you mean press, right?
OP's only bench is incline, which you have in the routine as an accessory, but really should be treated more as a main lift, since it is his only chest work.

Unless OP means db bench when he says db press, in which case OP is the tard, and he needs to add in some overhead work

Hey man.
Between dumbbell ohThePress, side lat raises, and weighted chins. You can get decent shoulders and lats.

Enjoy your no chest.

>OP's only bench is incline
adjustable.

Only bench in the routine....

4 scoops cmon son

oh I'm dumb kek

I could tell by your attempt at programming a routine

Ok, OP here
>4x5 DB Press (every week increase reps by 1-2 each set until you reach 12, increase weight and start off from 4x5 again)
Up until now with 4x10 I can increase every fucking week, why should I do instead of going maybe 5x5 on DB Press without double progression?

>Plank 1xF
>Side planks 1xF
>Leg raises 3xF (try 8-12 desu senpai)

I'm at 20+% bodyfat man (178cm 74kg), I don't think I really need all this core workout desu

>3-5x6 Pullups
Ok first of all I can do negative chinups but that's not the point. Why would anyone do x6 since 6-7 reps are not strength and not hypertrophy?

>3x6 supinated curls
Again 6 reps. But are forearm curls better than bicep curls?

Also why not incline bench dumbbell rows?

4 scoops cmon son

Holy broscience.
You fell for the low rep vs high rep meme?

If 5 reps is a great balance of strength (1-3) and """"""""hypertrophy"""""""" (8-10, according to broscience) why would 6 reps be any different?

One more rep and you lose all your gains?
Also rep ranges are b.s.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTDapcklnV8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w

Literally boscience from the 70s

If you are managing progression on 10 reps, sure, but eventually you will need to train strength to add weight, to progressively overload the muscles, to stimulate growth. And by eventually i mean like a month into your noob gains.

I am almost getting triggered enough to try writing you a slightly less shit routine.

Anonymous poster here.

Can't this young man just take a regular barbell routine and tweak it for dumbbells/with alternative exercises? Bench: DB bench etc. For reps just do 8-12 maybe, to compensate for the fact that you won't be able to lift as much weight compared to a barbell. What's wrong with doing this?

you can do bulgarian split squats off the bench

A.
2x4, 2x8 dumbbell press.
2x4, 2x8 chin up (for once you do your negs, and can start adding weight. Until then just do greasethegroove or someshit)
3x6 goblet squat (really work on building up to a pistol, they are much more useful, but if you have really really fucking heavy dumbbell, this could work)
Alternate between heavy (2x4) and volume (3x15) for side lateral raise.
You can do bicep/tricep/ab accessories, since i dont really recommend you do this, and since programming for them literally does not matter, as long as they dont impede progressiom, i wont even write them in.

B.
2x4, 2x8 dumbbell bench (incline, decline, I could care less)
2x4, 2x8 whichever row you prefer. I recommend 1 arm.
4x8 goblet squat (1x5 deadlift, 3x6 hip thrust, or even 4x3 cleans would go really well here... Maybe even box jumps or something. But if this is all you have to work with, it will be almost acceptable

alright thanks for the lesson I guess. But why 6 reps. The most common reps I see 5, 8, 10. 12. Also, what about all this core work, is it really needed? And why is 3x7 DB Skullcrushers better than Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press & Tricep Extensions? I appreciate your effort a lot man, I really do. But why maybe not adjust this to:

A
5x5 DB Bench Press (till I can't add weight every workout and start the double progression to let's say 10 reps)
3x8 Incline DB Bench Press
3x8 DB Skullcrushers
And some core exercises (not as much as in your post)

B
5x5 Goblet Squats (same with double progression as bench press)
3x8 Lunges
3x8 Negative Chinups
3x8 Incline DB Rows
3x8 One Handed DB Rows
(might skip one of the rows maybe)
3x8 Supinated Curls

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx
or
AxBxAxBx

Please no bully.

Yea, for upperbody.

Half of a novice routime is diddly and squat.

Didnt think of this.
Replace 4x8 goblet squat with 3x6 split squat.

And voila.

A workable, but still very suboptimal dumbbell routine.

Just add reps until you can add weight, if you can do both that is good too. Progression every single training session is the goal.

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

May I ask why you guys put Side Lat Raise instead of Shoulder Press?

>my post

This guy
Is not me.
His routine sucks too.

I recommend
Dont concern yourself with rep ranges, they just determine whether you are training strength (1-6) strength endurance (4-25)or mostly anaerobic cardio (25+)

They dont really directly affect growth.
Training strength allows you to increase weight. This increases total training volume (setsxrepsxload) and progressively overloads the muscle.

Training endurance allows you to add reps and sets. This increases total training volume, and progressively overloads the muscle.

When the volume is identical, the growth is identical.

4-6 is a good range for developing both strength and strength endurance, allowing you to utilize more tools (adding weight, adding reps, or adding sets) to increase training volume, and thus achieve prog. overload.

Dumbbell press = shoulder press = overhead press = military press = The Press

P.s. This is basically a dumbbell version of greyskull lp, without deadlifts, using RPT and a double progression model, rather than linear

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

Oh ok then

Thanks, I was a bit confused thinking there were two DB Bench Presses...

Wouldn't squatting every day limit my progress? Or is day A supposed to be strength and day B supposed to be hypertrophy?

Also, why not do both benches and both rows? Would that increase the volume to a point where I don't get any progress since I will be burnt out?

Your lightweight squats wont really be enough intensity to where squatting every day will be a concern. People doing the bulgarian method squat more weight more often, and are fine.

If it is a concern, dial down the intensity (weight) and up the volume (setsxreps) on either day A or B

Deffo dont do the same lifts every day. For sure not.

Forgot to add shrugs (2x4 heavy, and 3x10 light, alternating each day like side lat raise) on B.

Shrugs and side lateral raise are the only accessories i would reccomend. Calf work and forearm work wouldnt hurt either.
I wouldnt rush into training arms or core, though

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

so my workout should look like this:
A.
2x4, 2x8 dumbbell press.
2x4, 2x8 chin up
3x6 goblet squat
2x4 and 3x15 side lateral raise (first day A i do 2x4 and second day A i do 3x15, right?)

B.
2x4, 2x8 dumbbell bench
2x4, 2x8 row
3x6 bulgarian split squat
2x4 and 3x10 shrugs (same as side lat raise)

How much weight should be the difference on the alternating exercises? Should I also change weight on my shoulder press and my db bench when I go into the third and fourth set (from 2x4 to 2x8)?

Also the routine should be AxBxAxBx or
AxBxAxx and
BxAxBxx

Last question, how much time rest between sets and how much time betweeen exercises?

Ok for the reps, you do your rep max.

So you do 2 sets of your 4 rep max, then lower the weight so you can do 2x8
this applies to accessories as well.

Dont worry about being too autistic.

If you are aiming for a 4rm but only hit 3 reps, that is fine, just finish your sets and try to add another rep next training session.

..make sense?

If you are aiming for a 4rm and hit 6, that too is fine, just finish your sets, and add weight next training session.

Axbxaxx bxaxbxx

Rest 3-5 minutes between heavy sets (or as long as it takes to repeat your best effort. If you got 4 reps the first set, but only 3 the second, you didnt rest long enough - there is no such thing as too long of a rest between sets, unless you like stop working out and go do something else then come back an hour later)

Lighter sets you can usually get away with 1-3 mins

domo arigato
should I warmup with 1-2 lightweight sets or just some jump rope since it's dumbbells and the risk of injury is much lower? I'm also 18 for that matter.
And another question that I just came up with. All the exercises apart from the chinups are with weights. Doing 2x4 and 2x8 on chinups isn't a bit stupid, since I don't do them weighted or anything? Also, I'm still on negatives, so maybe I should try 4x8 for now untill I can do the 2x4 regulars and fill up with 2x8 negatives?

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

Save the cardio for after.
Always do warm up sets.
And i said do greasethegroove or something similar for chins, until you can do them weighted
Until then, ignore the programming for them.

Just focus on being able to do clean strict chins for reps for now.

your home "gym" sounds fucking useless, if yrealle really serious about working out at home, get a power rack, barbell set, and adjustable bench

>tfw all i have is barbell and weights
>no bench or rack
>tfw i have SBTY syndrome
Floor press and hip thrust are underrated.

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

>And i said do greasethegroove or something similar for chins

It's the first time I hear this phrase. I watched a youtube video and apparently I'll be doing a set of lets say 6 negative chinups with 30-60 mins rest for 4-6 times a day? That doesn't seem very practical, does it? I thinking I'll choose continuous sets of negatives in my workout and not out of my workout. Should I do maybe 4x10 Negatives or 4xF? Is there any better method to progress to chinups, apart from Grease the Groove?

Also something else that I forgot, should I do warm up sets for every single exercise, or could I skip let's say side lat raise/shrugs since I will be already warmed up by the previous exercises?

Stay like 3 reps shy of failure each set of negatives, and do as many as you can over the course of the day.

Try to stay as fresh as possible.
You want to do as many chin up negs as you can, with little to no fatigue from exertion.
Aiming for 50 a day is a good start.
As your pull up bar is at home, i dont see the impracticality.
I would do warm up sets for the heavy (4rm) sets, the lighter ones i wouldnt worry about

you are the best. I think that's all. Thanks a ton for your time.

4 scoops CMON!!

4 SCOOPS CMON SON

4 SCOOPS CMON SON