Are there any downsides to just becoming a Chest/Curl/Shoulder/Glute/Ab - Bro?

Are there any downsides to just becoming a Chest/Curl/Shoulder/Glute/Ab - Bro?

Girls don't care about other muscle groups anyway.

Other than health and balance reasons not really. Chicken legs can look kind of goofy, but if you're just lifting to get girls you'll have more luck focusing upper body than lower body.

>lifting for girls

that's how I know you'll never make it

Lifting to get big isn't any more inherently admirable than lifting to get laid.

very true, but what makes you think you need to lift to get girls?

The probability of getting laid gets higher.

I didn't say you did. I know personally that when I'm lifting I'm happier and more confident, that combined with looking better has definitely increased my luck with women.

The downside is that while yes, those are the muscles they superficially admire, if you only train those you will have a weird looking physique and girls will not like it even if they don't know why. Having a balanced physique (meaning TRAIN BACK, motherfucker) is what looks good, not just having a couple of big muscle groups. Being imbalanced will also fuck up your posture and health.

I honestly consider back a vanity muscle. I've had as many girls compliment my back as my chest.

you must train the opposite muscles too, or you risk more injury

That's what I'm doing, but not for girls. Basically I can't do any leg workouts ever.

When I was a kid, I would often straighten my leg out as much as I could, and then wiggle around my kneecap. Now my knee fucking clicks every time I bend it all the way, and I'm worried that if I do any leg workouts, it'll fuck up my knee.

>if people complement something it officially has no use other than vanity

you have weapons grade autism, bro

>implying i am lifting to get "big"
Who the fuck am i, rich piana?

I lift to be strong, healthy, and lean as fuark. Plus it helps with my martial arts.
The aesthetics is just a byproduct.

The problem with brosplits isnt
>skipping legs lol
I skip legs. Only do hip thrust for lower body.
And single arm deadlift for forearms.

The problem with a brosplit is shitty frequency, which means suboptimal progresive overload, which means suboptimal growth.

Hit every muscle group at least 3x a week as annovice, and at least 2x a week as an intermediate/advanced

This. Having a good posture and a thick back goes a long way toward looking good especially with a shirt on.

So for a novice, do greyskull replacing squat with hip thrust.

For an intermediate, do a fullbody split similar to greyskull, only with weekly progression instead of each training session, and more accessory lifts (to start with you should have zero accessories. Greyskull with plug ins is a meme)

Lats are important as fuck for aesthetics. Even from the front.

Traps are pretty aesthetic too.

Basically op needs to do everything but squat...

He didnt say it is ONLY for vanity.

He just said it is as much a vanity muscle as pecs or delts or biceps.. And i agree

lots of girls think shitty sweatpants-at-the-gym legs are actually pretty gross even when you have a sweet upper body. of course a lot of girls are probably dumb as fuck and have no idea what they want so big torso/arms==good however if you want a quality lady she will probably notice your shitty legs. It's not like working your legs is gonna kill your upper body gains (it will really only help) and you appeal to a wider class of women.

personally, if a woman only cared about upper body then I would probably think she's a dumbass but that may not bother you.

my legs are pretty decent from being a morbidly obese hiker during my teens, can i get away with skipping squats?

like I am dating a girl who was in track and she knowsa bit about being in shape and she constantly talks shit about upper body bros and thinks they are probably pretty weak. not all girls will care but it's cool to be with a lady that respects legs. it's like half as hard to build sweet legs and glutes so just fucking do it already.

the real question is why not. you can do your upper body in like 15 minutes with BP and rows and stuff. might as well toss some squats in there. they make you feel awesome after your do them for a while. even with good upper body lifts, if I wasn't strong in my legs I wouldn't feel nearly as close to having superpowers as I do with squats

Taking people out of context to act self righteous isn't really a good look fella.

Vanity muscle doesn't mean useless muscle, and I think you knew that, but you were more eager to prove someone wrong than to have a conversation.

Yeah I can agree with both of these. Honestly entire upper body is good for attracting women, ass doesn't hurt either.

I squat anyway just because I feel like I should, but I don't have to like it.

I wasn't arguing brosplits are good, I go through PPL twice a week personally with one rest day. Just saying the whole "lmao lift for gurls you not gonna make it" thing is really fucking dumb.

>you said this but I heard this and now I'm upset about it
Wanna know how I know you're a woman?

This.

Ran collegiate track at very sport oriented college. Athletic girls, from almost any sport, notices a guys legs.

But if you just want a 6/10 it doesn't matter skip legs

>back is a vanity muscle
T. Curlbro

Enjoy having a shit tier physique so you can impress a couple skanks

>strength
>replaces legs with hip thrusts
Fucking lol

>one arm deadlifts
>doesnt squat
>does martial arts
Squat is one of the best exercises that has the potential to give you a better explosiveness,yet you dont do them.
And one arm deadlifts are just meme,it will give your strong side unbalanced loook,and dont do jack shit about martial arts.
Dont do your own fucking program.