Segwit2x has the support of the miners

>Segwit2x has the support of the miners

Fuck, is it over? Is this fork that kills Bitcoin?

wasn't bitcoin cash a miner fork aswell?

miners figured out after bitcoin cash whatever they do doesnt really matter

Hopefully it's over. Bitcoin = shitcoin.

citation needed re:support of the miners

doubtful.

look, the entire point of bitcoin desu is to be a store of wealth, a hedge against fiat, and it's the entire basis of the altcoin market.

It doesn't actually need to even be used as a currency any more, segwitcoin with bigger blocks can go right ahead and try to be the blockchain currency we all use but it doesn't matter. As long as btc is the measuring stick for the entire alt coin market (which now has many legit and promising projects backed by institutional money and the smartest minds) it'll survive and grow.

But it isnt better than btc, and Bitcoin Gold wont be nethier, so maybe s2x will do it. Just get your private key and you will chose

bitcoin will never see mainstream adoption or as a 'store of value' meme as long as the blocks are full, fees are high, and transactions are slow. Businesses are dropping bitcoin in favor of other currencies due to fees. The value proposition of bitcoin is its properties as a CURRENCY, not a store of wealth. If the currency part of bitcoin is fundamentally broken there is no reason to buy and use it (or hold it). The fewer the number of people buying it for its intended purpose = the price will fall. Fewer businesses accepting bitcoin means the price will not reach levels that it should if it worked as a currency

It's registering about 94% miner support, HOWEVER:

F2Pool are included in that, as are BTCC, and both of them have said they won't mine Segwit2X at all.

Other miners, we don't know if they will mine 2X. However we can expect that mining 2X for a pool does not exclude mining the main chain.

At minimum I expect BTC to have 25% hashrate, which so long as it's enough to get it to the next difficulty adjustment, means it's survived and proven itself. This is more than 2X will have done.

Bitcoin as an actually currency accepted by merchants is now a fraction of its use case.

I want to accumulate as much btc as I can but I have no intention of actually spending it on day to day things.

you dont withdraw your entire bank account to buy groceries user. You can have your main stack in BTC and have your spending money in LTC/Eth or some other coin that hasnt been made yet.
It happens all the time. In most countries people change their local currency to dollars or euros t as a store of value and keep the local currency for daily spending

miners are supporting segwit2x but they will switch immediately when it turns out the current chain is more profitable. miners follow the buyers, not the other way around. it's not hard to get this concept, people.

i dont own bitcoins, i hold my profit in ETH

i regret missing out on the bitcoin cash coins though, i could have gotten a comfy $12k usd right into my pockets for free

This is why Bitcoin is called a bubble. If you are not holding Bitcoin because of its original use, then it literally has no value beyond what we give it. Meaning as soon as a good amount of people realise they don't want to hinge their portfolios on literal meme magic, you are fucked.

If Bitcoin was for spending it would be inflationary. I hate spending bitcoin just because of that.

isn't segwit somehow centralized? I am not surprised BTC devs don't support it if it's supposed to centralize it to any degree

everything in the world is a bubble.

tech stocks are bubble. why the fuck should you ever own a netflix, google, or amazon stock as they pay no dividends and likely never will?

gold is a bubble, it's a fucking rock and most people don't use it to build electronic components or whatever.

diamonds and jewelry shouldn't be as expensive as they are.

healthcare's a bubble, college is a bubble. fuck even human relationships are a bubble, they all end up nowhere but the price is set high for who knows why. Fiat currency and all businesses are basically ponzi schemes yet it's not really that big of a deal most of the time.

I don't care.

>If Bitcoin was for spending it would be inflationary.

Bitcoin is inflationary.

4% per yer.

what do i need to do in order to get both coins? is it ok to leave btc on coinbase? i would leave it in a paper wallet but i wouldnt know how to extract both coins, bch was confusing as hell to begin with

>somehow centralized?

Quite the opposite. GPU mining on equihash. ASIC resistant. BTC, bcc, btg will all co-exist for a long time. BCG will likely go lower than bcc is now. Don't think we will see the $1000 mark on the first day like bcc. I think bcc &BCG can be easily manipulated by the big BTC holders. I saw a sell wall on BCC the other day of 1345 bcc. Big BTC holders, who got they free coins too, can just keep that downward pressure on it. BCG will probably be the same.

A U T I S T I C

electrum has a nice page about this

I don't know what to fucking tell you since it's still supposed to be a store of value, not a currency.

inb4 'bitcoin isn't controlled by the miners'

well if not it's definitely controlled by jewbase

thanks

Bitcoin is a currency by definition

For you bitcoin is a store of value, you buy it with the intention that it will only go up in value due to deflation. However the real value in bitcoin is its use as peer to peer cash, which no one uses it for that anymore in favor of other currencies to move value around. So the current use case is that it will just retain its value which it won't because fewer people are buying it for its intended purpose

Bitcoin is a hard sell for businesses as the fees cut into their bottom line, there is no reason to accept it over other currencies with lower fees and faster transaction times.

All it would take to crush bitcoin is a currency that solves all of bitcoins problems to be accepted and partnered with major retail chains that normies will buy and thus creating more value for the currency and more legitimacy.

What value would bitcoin have once it loses marketcap to another coin that isn't fundamentally broken?

I'm retarded, explain to me why they can't just softfork Bitcoin to fix all the issues so I can keep on jacking off to my eazy gains.

You're really missing the mark on this one. Rather than give you answers for free, I'd implore you to really think about what makes for a good "store of value" and what doesn't and you'll find that Bitcoin meets the all of the criteria for an excellent store of value.

you can thank blockstream for delaying any progress on bitcoin

the volatility on bitcoin makes it a poor store of value, until corrections are 3-4% instead of 35-40% that happen every couple months or so. A good store of value you can guarantee to get equal or greater value on any given time horizon, short term bitcoin does not, you could lose up to 4% of value the day you bought, not a very good store of value if you ask me.

>implying the miners mean anything by that signalling
ffs most miners were too stupid to turn off the segwit signalling after segwit was activated. Some have announced that they're still signalling s2x because they thought it was for segwit and they don't want to restart their daemons to turn it off.

miners follow price. S2x is going to be a non-event. Maybe it'll be something that you can make a little money off of by dumping really fast just like bch.