What kind of exercises can I do to strengthen my lower back/relieve the pain?

What kind of exercises can I do to strengthen my lower back/relieve the pain?

Activities that I can mainly do outside of a gym are preferred.

Also do I need to put my exercise ball on something when I sit on it? I heard it helps with lower back pain but my back hurts sitting on it now.

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

roughstrength.com/how-to-make-a-sandbag/
youtu.be/BEn61BL4Nwk
exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html#Erector
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Back extensions with weight/progressive overload helped me a little.

Deadlifts. They pull all the core muscles together. No better exercise than deadlifts

What can I use to deadlift if no gym near me is open?

1000% this.

Just make sure you dont have an imbalanced spine (scoliosis) and your form is impeccable.

Focus on form rather than strength, but strength training is what is going to strengthen the lower back musculature, which is going to resolve 99.99% of lower back problems.

Shit even can help re-align slipped discs and shit.

Deadlifts are magic.

>Tfw scoliosis
>Tfw no clue what to do for my lower back without risk of injury

Isnt scoliosis treatable?

If by treatable you mean "you can undergo a risky gruesome surgery that leaves you bedridden for months" then yes.
Other than that it's just "things to do so it doesn't bother you"

lol@ everyone with their bullshit advice

"strengthen your back muscles"
"keep your spine straight"
"strengthen your core"

buncha tards

your spine/vertebrae is a structure that needs an intense amount of raw material to sustain itself

your body is in a constant state of degradation and rebuilding

but what happens when you dont get the raw material needed to rebuild the structure? (thats a rhetorical questions)

long story short
liquid calcium/magnesium supplement
glucosamine + chondroitin supplement

high dosage for several months and then maintain after that

I remember at my school that some guy wore a back brace for like 2 years to straighten his spine because he had it.

I Thought that was all it would take.

But i dont know shit or give many fucks about scoliosis...

>physical rehab is a meme
>eat useless supps instead
Tip top kek.

Why not do both?

Deadlifts completely fixed the pain I would get in my lower back from shitty posture and office job life.

Very few non vegans are deficient in calcium and magnesium, and most fitness oriented folk supplement cal mag zinc anyways.

Deadlift would be 1000x more useful

>working out won't relieve muscle pain you get in your back
>EAT SUPPS INSTEAD
I want fucking mods to ban people who give shitty and misleading advice like this to legitimate questions.

ya lets just build up our muscles so they can hold our rickety structure up instead of just building a strong structure

good thinking doofy

I think braces are only for severe cases where your spine is actually starting to bend prominently to a side.
My scoliosis is balanced so a brace wouldn't jave done shit. I did a lot of swimming back then though.

This, deadlifts eliminated my lower back pain. Just follow proper form and take your time. Also push up plus and straight arm dips are good for your middle/upper back if that's an issue to

A good physical therapist.
Bird dogs, Mcgill planks, glute ham raise, hip abduction, deadlifts.

Hey OP, just pulled out of 1 full year in snap city. With the back pain your body is telling you that you have serious core and muscular imbalance issues. If you keep down that road it's only a matter of time until you herniate a disc in your lower lumbar...Don't listen to idiots trying to tell you to do dead lifts while you have back pain...
Start with stretching (main focus on ham strings and lower back) and strengthening your glutes, core and lower back, mainly with endurance level weight and stabilization work. Plenty of videos out there for core and lower back routines since it is such a common problem

Do you know what kind of streches i should do? Im the type of person who once he knows what to do will be able to focus on it.

Im bad at looking for which exercise i should do

For 500, what are good mornings

listen up faggots. scoliosisfag here. There is no brace, or exercise that will fix your spine. only option is surgery. pic related

Good advice. Being in static positions all day (desk, computer chair, etc) apparently shortens the muscles in the front of your body and lengthens, fatigues and overworks the muscles in your back, in addition to tight hamstrings pulling pressure on your back muscles while stimulated. Combine these imbalances with heavy lifting without stretching and maintenance and you overwork certain muscles and start running into problems with posture, pain and fatigue.

It's unfortunately something that people aren't taught about fitness until it impacts you.

How do you get into a position where your spine has curved so significantly to one side? Is it years of progressive compression that amplifies spinal curve?

it's a birth defect

I recently started deadlifting. Monday just the bar. Friday I went up to 55 then 65#
Holy shit my back feels better. Like no more sore back. I really am on board with this

I told you that shit is magic.

Good thing you ignored these DYELs
The fitst guy was half right.

It IS a problem of imbalance.
A problem you fix by proper form deadlifts,mehich rebalance the back,mand strengthen it immensely in that balanced position.

The guy thinking sore muscles is withering bones from calcium and magnesium deficiency is just... Plain fucking retarded

Anything core. Squats with good form will work the core. Spinal twist (stretching). Even breathing exercises. You'll notice even in the pic you posted that the pain is eminating from the spine. Something to think about.

roughstrength.com/how-to-make-a-sandbag/

Romanian Deadlift

No bro your bones are totally splintering wood unless you take supplements hur dur hurrrrrrrr.

Where the fuck do these people come from with such stupid fucking ideas.

You retard. If you have good form and use sensible progressive overload, squats and deadlifts rehab back pain. As half a dozen people in this thread have already attested.

Suck it up, get a coach, learn to lift properly. Reap the benefits. Or just be a lazy faggot and do a bunch of bosu ball bullshit that'll take you 100 years to make progress with and will never full rehab you. Your choice.

Always had back pain due to me biking with a heavy backpack and hunched over on my road bike.
Do heavy deadlifts for the first time with the shiitiest form(Pulled lmao3plate with the most curved back). I actually went to snap city, where I couldnt walk sit or sleep properly without pain. This pain last for a week.
Start walking, but I have to maintain perfect posture for no pain. The muscles in my backs strengthen because I never maintained proper posture before. A few months later, I start dead lifting again, (This time not being an idiot and do less weight and proper form). I don't have back pain anymore, never felt healthier before.
Tldr; DO your deadlifts, but make sure to use proper form and reasonable weights at first, this will help with muscle imbalances.

youtu.be/BEn61BL4Nwk
You're welcome OP

> do a bunch of bosu ball bullshit that'll take you 100 years to make progress with and will never full rehab you
I never understood this shit. Like the people who HAVE to start with the machines and other gimmicky bullshit first and work their way up to real exercises, as if free weights are some special medal you have to earn.

It's the result of marketing tactics, basically.

The original machine circuit was marketed as a 'safer alternative' to barbell training, and isolation training likewise.

It quickly became apparent that it didn't work nearly as well, but it's MUCH easier to use, and that's great from the point of view of gyms. Correct form on the big 4 is much harder to teach - with machines you can just get a 16 year old 'personal trainer' to show someone how it works once then leave them to the wolves.

Also - using barbells and free weights is hard work. So some people will use any excuse they can to avoid them. The 'safety' thing is a get out of jail free card.

But wouldn't starting with calisthenics offer a better base to progress to free weights from rather than machines and isolation?

Yes better base.
But even better is just starting off with free weights. You can do both desu, if you have the time

Unless you are so fucking geriatric that you can't pick up a 45lbs bar and maintain form, sure. You don't need a strength base to start a fucking strength base unless you are in the most extreme of decrepit.

No, because the resistance isn't great enough. When you're a novice, your body adapts VERY QUICKLY to any stress. Within a couple of weeks of starting a calisthenics routine, your body will have adapted to that stress level and you won't make any more progress.

OP here, I'm going to try deadlifts as soon as my gym opens up again. In the meantime I'll do some streches every half hour or so(not a lot) and try to improve my posture. Thank you guys for all the help and advice :)

>tfw mild scoliosis
I fucking tried deadlifting for 1 fucking year.
I went to different gyms to get advice from experienced lifters and shit but nothing helped.
Always had that strange pain in my lower back from fucking deadlifting.
People on Veeky Forums kept telling me that deadlift is fucking important and whatnot (I dont even powerlift/go to meets/do bodybuilding shows).

I fucking dropped that retarded excercise and my back feels like heaven now. Its not worth the fucking risk.

>inb4 learn form
I dont fucking care, I tried long enough. Its not for everyone.

Git gud

>What kind of exercises can I do to strengthen my lower back
exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html#Erector

thanks
that advice fixed everything.