Veeky Forums job thread

In this ITT thread, we discuss Veeky Forums related careers, how to get them, and report in if you have a Veeky Forums job to answer questions and give advice

being a pt is taking advantage of idiots really. comparable to sales i guess.

I'm a physical therapist aide, spent so much time in snap city (physical therapy clinics) that I become close with the staff at our clinic, got a 3 month internship and then they hired me after that.

just get an exceptional physique and become an online personal trainer brehs

E Z money, and you can do it while working another job at the same time

lazar angelov and scott herman for example

Work as a loader at Lowes for summer in between college semester. Nice job desu, work with hands all day, constantly learning about home improvement, $12 an hour and honest people. Would suggest.

I'm a certified athletic trainer, EMT-B, certified orthotic fitter, and certified orthopedic technologist. I primarily work in an ortho clinic but I also do rotations in the emergency room of a large hospital and occasionally aid in exercise rehab.

Ask me anything.

is the AT-C test really that hard? My female friend took it 2 weeks ago and when i picked her up she was literally crying. She's insanely emotional though so i just figured she was overreacting as usual

Absolutely not. The material on the test is health pamphlet-tier. My EMT-B certification was way harder than my AT-C, and I needed the former to get the latter.

Yeah that's what I figured, I went over her study guide and pretty much everything I saw was covered in my basic clinical kinesiology course aside from the bullshit you had to know about making a facility and such

I'm a Paramedic, lifting helps with just about every aspect of the job. Also I noticed a lot of lifters who work in the profession as well, once i started.

how often do you guys get drug tested?

My province doesnt. Some medics are even on test and no one bats an eye. I couldnt tell you about the states though.

Anyone work in an outdoorsy well paying career?

I think I need to work outside or else I go crazy.

Quit your fucking jobs you peons.

nah, personal training is pretty useful for people, especially newbies, who benefit from more hands-on instruction vs. reading an internet article/watching a video.

it is, however, obscenely expensive.

is the whole NATA ATC shit really worth it?

I've worked emt-b and have a bach in exercise science

job market is kinda blowing ass since I havent played a specific sport (milfag)

Swim teacher/coach here. Most days I spend 4 hours in the water treading water and demonstrating strokes to the younglings.

What do nurses do at your clinic? ER nurse looking for something new

Are male personal trainers just thinly disguised gigalos for mid 40s rich women? Because nobody I know actually pays one

My mum worked at a bank and they once brought her a new assistant and it was some executive's personal trainer, with no education or previous experience

So basically if you're a high energy fit young stud all you have to do is fuck some guy's boipussy to get ahead in life.

whats a personal trainer do when they're in their 40s then 50s and 60s?

Basically. That and just getting money making rich dyels do circuits for 30 mins

I'm almost neet level right now, just taking a few classes at a community college
I really want off this ride and want to get a job but have no idea where to start. how do I do this Veeky Forums?

I work for Oakley.

I think it's kind of a Chad job.

>I work for Oakley.

I want a pair of Oakley jawbreakers so bad. If I wear them when not riding my bike, will I look autistic?

I jump from planes

kek that's funny
I'm starting on my last year as physio student next year
>didn't manage to get an internship at a place that I like
I'm kinda jelly of some of my classmates who already have a guaranteed job when they're graduating
a-atleast my girlfriend will make over 70K starting

Not that well paying but I work as a land surveyor 2 days a week while I'm studying. Not much actual physical work but you are outdoors.

Have fun with your double knee replacement in your mid 30s

Working as a lawyer here. Work-life balance is shitty atm but I'm hanging on for Veeky Forums

why

He'll be fine, probably only going to do like 5 jumps in his entire career.

Worst case of snap city you have seen

Is treading water with an eggbeater kick supposed to be this hard? I can do up to 30 mins with my teenie weenie swimsuit on, how the fuck am i supposed to do it with bdus

My old Anytime fitness let me meet with a trainer every 6 weeks. It really helped me focus and it was encouraging to have someone to talk to.

The eggbeater kick like the whip kick in breaststroke is a unnatural move my for the knee as it is a hinge joint, hence why it is tricky to get the hang of. Check some underwater vids of watertpolo players to get an idea of what it looks like when done properly.

hey man i am about 7 months into my acl rehab. Pretty bummed i cant get into rugby until 12 months do you have any advice?

Any psychologists here? Would you recommend it as a profession?

only if you don't know how to land

wrong ;^)

4th year student here. Are you good with math? Do you like to talk to people about their fee fees all day long? Then don't bother. Do something STEM if you just want money.

>edit, psychology is a social science, and a poorly regulated one at that. It's not a real science.

Despite being a bit of an autist with strangers, I'm surprisingly good at talking and listening to people once I get to know them. I know it's not a real science but psychologists are almost on the same level as psychiatrists in psychiatric treatment of patients and it's a protected title with requirements of authorization.

psychiatry is a lot more commitment. Plus there is a strong following of psychologists/critical psychologists who have very well reasoned that most drugs do nothing, and that the idea of brain chemistry and neurological dysfunction results in mental illness as complete horse-shit.

It's about six years to get to the point of talking to people ethically - it's dumb, and studies have shown that people benefit more from talking to non-psychologists than psychologists.

If you love math and stats, you can follow research which is what I'm doing, I've given up on the clinical applications of psychology.