SSfag here, my trainer doesn't let me do any bicep curls, though I still do push-ups, rows and chin-ups

SSfag here, my trainer doesn't let me do any bicep curls, though I still do push-ups, rows and chin-ups.

What does Veeky Forums do for big arms? Should I just do some curls on the side?

Your trainer is there to support YOUR journey. Add curls if you want. He's working for you not the other way around you C U C K

/thread

>bicep curls
>biceps
meme muscle, has literally no use

You're doing all you need for bigger and stronger arms, chill out bro.

They are useful for holding boxes from the bottom, or various other objects from the bottom
Y'know, I'd you find yourself often holding objects conveniently shaped for such

The modern aesthetic look leans towards large biceps triceps and pecs, also I'm 6'3 so my arms look smaller compared with how strong they actually are

>meme muscle, has literally no use
it's called the rear naked choke

>2016
>not knowing a rear-naked is easier to slip in when you have less bicep
Do you even train? I bet not.

What my routine looks like.i play Wide reciever in uni football team.

Monday (AM)
Barbell bench press 3 x 5
Close grip barbell press 3 x 8
Barbell seal row 3 x 5
Lateral raise 3 x 10
Face pulls 3 x 10

Tuesday (PM)
Clean pulls 5 x 3
Barbell olympic squat 3 x 5
Glute ham raise 3 x 8
Walking db lunges 3 x 8

Thursday (AM)
Push press 4 x 4
Dumbell incline press 3 x 8
Weighted chin ups 4 x 8
Bodyweight dips 3 x 10-15

Friday (PM)
Front squat 4 x 4
Dumbell jump squats 3 x 5
Leg curl 3 x 10
Hyperextension 2 x 15

Currently 13% bf (still with abs) with 17 inch arms Unpumped. Havent done a single curl/tri ext for almost 2 years

good luck holding the choke with your spaghetti arms

>my trainer doesn't let me
>you pay someone to tell you what you can and can't do

didn't a country just have a huge referendum over this shit

slot or wideout? which school? 40 time? 3 cone?

just finished high school football, i'm a BC commit (c/o 20), learning from a college player would be great

me again, are close grip presses a bench press? i'm about to follow this routine

or are they an ohp variant

you poor boy

Why the fuck not just hit biceps once in a while directly?

I see no reason to ignore them, what the FUCK?

fpbp

Like boxes

SS has an entire chapter on curls...

>meme muscle, has literally no use
it attracts women

So you don't train, got it.

Bench press with a narrow grip. "Close" and in your hands are closer to each other.

Exactly, completely useless for Veeky Forums

bitch please, don't underestimate the value of a good beard.

What's the push-up version of these

Just add some light 3x10 curls on Fridays since its mostly lower body? I'd say it would be good to get some bloodflow to those guns after weighted dips the day before.

>dips
Meant to say chin ups

Every muscle has a purpose.

W-what's under the black bars

Is he helping her stretch her back?

They're just wrestling user

>SSfag here, my trainer doesn't let me do any bicep curls

Dawww you poor thing :(((

Does he at least let you eat his creampie out of your girlfriend you fucking pathetic cuck?

doing some tricep extensions and bicep curls once or twice a week will not hinder your progress at all, your trainer is a fuck.

>b-but an-user its not st-st-st-starting strength then
fuck off

close grip pushups
duh

6'1"/6'2" here, same fucking problem. arms look DYEL as fuck but torso looks good i guess

>be 6'2
>can curl 100lbs x8
>tricep extension is 120x8
>workout arms twice a week to get them to grow in size
>still look like twig arms

Why do you pay a trainer when you're doing SS?

my uncle tony used to play like this hahaha

uncle tony the absolute madman

Low body fat does. Fatceps don't attract anything.

Came to say this.

curls are literal meme exercise

weighted chinups are so much better for biceps, fuck me i hate curls

I just do weighted Chins. Neutral grip heavy weighted chins is what gave me big arms, way more than any isolation.

I completely cut out direct bicep/arm work. It never did anything for me.

Weighted chins/heavy bench/heavy OHP is all you need, if you do them heavy enough.

that guy's got small legs

High-rep bicep curls and tricep extensions are very important to include for elbow health.

Even if you don't give a shit about big arms, you should still be hitting biceps with 15-30 rep sets at least twice a week to maintain elbow health and bloodflow through the joint.

How much is your weighted chins? I do 70lbs x5 and I have twig arms, except for forearms. My lats grew a lot but my biceps didn't grow much.

>very important to include for elbow health.
[citation needed]

pls, if anything triceps extensions fucks up my elbows

>implying chin-ups aren't enough for biceps

you can't fool me with your jewish tricks

First reply nail on the head. Tell your trainer you want to get bigger arms and want to add in bicep curls. It's his job to help you get to your goals. If he enforces his own goals for training into yours then get a different trainer.

She must do yoga

I do 100lbs 5x5 of chinups
Then 45lbs neutral 5x8
Then unweighted 5x12 wide grip Pullup.

That's pretty much my entire back routine. Sometimes I'll do rows if Im not completely burned out :)

For fucks sake the curl paranoia is stupid.

If you're worried about them somehow detracting from your other lifts do them at the very end of the workout. It takes like 4 minutes to get them sore. Do em high rep (8-20 reps) and change them around every day to make them interesting. There's supinated, hammer, alternating, simultaneous, etc. Don't be a fucking cuck to your program, do what you want. Rippetoe himself said "big arms are fun"