Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

How was your day?

Other urls found in this thread:

content.tigerfitness.com/6-day-split-workout/
youtube.com/watch?v=smcQCv70xs0
youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bad

i had to work a long day (8am until 9pm) and then was only able to hang out with my gf for about an hour before she went to work

mine was amazing.

Made great money this week and made a few bucks off stocks. plus with BREXIT going through, im at a super high

cheers

At least you're working! You're gonna make it.

Is it bad I only made money because bitcoin?

Pretty shit.

Turned 26 today. No one but my family remembered. Asked a few friends if they wanted to get drinks tonight and none of them could. Girl I like turned down a second date. Just going to go to sleep early and hope tomorrow is a nice day.

Anyone know if 24 Hour Fitnesses have a decent amount of equipment? Just moved and that and Planet Fitness are the two closest gyms to me, but I've heard PF blows.

Question: While in noob mode, is it fine to practice all the exercises with an unweighted bar on off days? Just to keep the forms fresh in mind.

happy birthday, white brother!

Mediocre
Drank beer and played vidya with the boys
>tfw no gf

5'7 200 lbs, lifting 1ish months with lots of cardio. Down 20 lbs over 2 months
>cutting hard

People say lift while I cut.
Will my lifts go up while I'm cutting?
Should I lift 6 days a week with minimal cardio or lift 3 days and cardio 3 days?
Will the results be better over 6 months - year?

my goal is ottermode. i recently left skinnyfat mode, but now i find out my fat distribution sucks.

I am skeletalmode yet i have fat covering my abs. do i keep cutting as i have been doing so maybe i see my abs, or do i bulk slightly so i cover up my ribs?

How many scoops of protein should I have if im on a cut

Happy Birthday!!

Since you're just starting, you can definitely gain muscle while on a cut.

I'd say start bulking.

Depends on your weight and height. Usually you want more to conserve your muscles.

Sure!

Thanks, non-white brother and other dude.

what kind of ab work should i add to SS?

I started SS a couple weeks ago and I was squatting 170 today and I don't think I'm clenching my core enough. Should I start using a belt or should I just git gud?

For ppl
Does it matter if you do push pull legs instead of pull push legs?

Good week so far.
Cut is holding well, losing pounds like Britain.
Strength is dipping a bit, but steady
Martial arts training has been on point, very good gains there.
Work is going well
Enjoying the study break
Got a girls number And banged her

All in all 8/10 week

Yeah man that's fine, I did that too. As long as you're not fatiguing yourself with just the bar then you're good to go.

I used to use an old bow staff from when I was a kid in TKD to practice movements when I was starting. It really helps to just solidify the movements in your head.

Why the fuck is protein so expensive lads?
I can't afford anything but shitty carbs (I can at least avoid junk food, but it's not much better), and it doesn't help I'm in Canuckland, where everything is more expensive

You'll be squatting a day after deadlifting heavy, so there's that to take into account.

If you squat low bar then your lower back might feel a bit fatigued on Leg day from heavy deadlifts the day before.

If you're just starting though, you may be fine, as the weight won't be too taxing on your body yet. But once you start lifting heavier, you'll grow to want that extra day of lower body rest between pull and legs

5'6 manlet
So currently @158
what weight would sub 10 percent body fat look like 130-140?

i really should start going to the gym but fuck there are so many people there and i got social phobia

god damn it

Go later in the day?

Yes or no?

does anyone have that butt workout picture
to make your butt bigger

i only go at 3am for this reason

okay so last week i snapped my shit up when i deadlifted 3 plates for the first time, went to the hospital to check my spine. The results say i got schmorl node in L4, how fucked i am?. i can walk and run but i havent lifted since the accident.

ask your doctor

Question(s):
Does doing deadlifts make your waist bigger?

Also, I've found that doing some ab work also engages the hip flexors and external obliques which makes my waist larger than I desire. How can I work abs but also work my way around this?

Donkey kicks
Barbell thrusts
Good mornings

Those are really all you need to add, assuming you already squat and deadlift

Best type of training to get overall bigger, stronger and faster?

I worked and then I went to the gym and hit my back. Then I came home and fapped and now I'm just chillin. Pretty average day

BULK

How do you do SS with only resistance tubes?

Yes.
Is good low intensity cardio, that still is primarily reliant on muscle glycogen depletion over fat oxidation (this is better cardio for a myriad of reasons) and will slightly promote fat loss (roughly as much as briskly walking)

Lifts can absolutely go up on a cut. I am permacut and adding weight still,even though i the press over a pl8 for reps.
Dont stress if your lifts drop, just lower the volume and trudge on.
Even if you make no gains, or cant even maintain lifts, that is nothing to stress over.

Because you are getting your body to preserve muscle mass.
..try liftan
Whatever fits your macros.
I find protein powder isnt filling enough, so i opt for meats on a cut.
Check eric helms research.

Your protein requirement decreases slightlymin a deficit.

Other than that your advice is solid.

None.
Senpai rippetoe knows more than you, despite what the shitposters of this taiwanese pencil enthusiast forum would have you believe.

If you do deadlift on pull it does.
If not, it doesn't.

Do stomach vacuums
Git gud at bracing. belts are for people who can into bracing.

I was thinking of starting a vege garden, what would be the best thing to grow in terms of ease, price, time and gainz?

how do I into vege gardens?

Not sure if still same day for you, but happy birthday, breh.

Can you get swole with sets of 5?

JEEEEEWWWWWWSSSSS!!!!
No srsly tho, something about supply and demand? I'm no economist.
Bulk Chicken thighs are cheap
Bulk whey can be cheap (fuck namebrand bs)
Git a better job, or food stamps

Iifym

I hope you mean cable leg kickbacks.

Split squats are useful, glute bridges,

Yes.
Watch peeling back a layer episode 1 and 5

> AFTER Veeky Forums

How do you drive a screw with a rubber band?

Not sure if memeing.
If srs post pic of self or current bf%

Direct ab training is unnecessary.
Do stomach vacuums, and push press for abs.

First train form
Then train strength (literally any novice program - greyskull, ss, reg parks, bill starr, Sl and ICF are garbage. As is adding arm ""accessories"")
Then specialize your training.
Strength and explosivity and mobility? Incorporate oly lifts.
Strength? Strongman or powerlifting.
Mma? All the cardio, oly work, plyometrics, strength training
Aesthetics? Just maximize that there progressive overload, bro
Gymnasts are supposed to have the best carry over to other sports, compared to other athletes.

>How do you drive a screw with a rubber band?
Seriously, I need some sort of variant. Resistance tubes are all I have and I'm a NEET too fucked by my family to get a gym membership.

Help someone make it, user. What's a good SS variant?

Happy brithday!!!

thanks bro. I'll give both a try although stomach vacuums are really difficult for me haha

Seriously.
I need to drive this scre, and i can only use a rubber band. Pls halp.

There is no strength training you can do.

Just do burpees and inverted rows for anaerobic cardio

All the more reason to do them.
They are hard because your tva is weak.

Strengthen that shit

How do I control my eating habits when shitty foods are forced into my life and I have a really stressful job?

Intermittent fasting.
High protein, high fat, moderate carb diet, high in fiber and micronutrients.
Drinking seltzer water during fast
Drinking black coffee just when you want to end the fast, to push it back just one more hour

When i diddle im supposed to feel my lower traps working and not my upper traps right

This sounds great. Would a job that gives me random ass shifts sometimes late into midnight and sometimes early in the morning back to back affect the difficulty of this by the way?

you need to stay away from junk food if you want to get fit

how are they forced on you?

Nah, just try to,roughly abide by a fasting window of 16-19 hours, and an eating window of 5-8

Obviously 8 hours of that fast you are sleeping, so you can wait 8 hours after waking to eat, or eat only 4 hours after waking, and stop eating 4 hours before sleep.

Whatever works best.

I started wearing a fitness tracker and it is telling me I'm burning just over 3000 calories on a work+gym day - im eating about 3500 is that enough?

Do I need to get more fat? Pic related is a standard days macros for me.

You'll get better help in the homegrowmen thread on but as for what to plant it really depends on where you live and what you like. Personally I grow tons of cabbage and cucumbers because I love making pickles and sauerkraut.

Been fatmode most of my life, never really cared what I fed myself, I read the sticky and I can't recall anything about serving sizes or much information on meals. Unless I'm a dumbass today.
Either way, how's this for meals during a cut and gym 2-3x a week

>Breakfast
1/2 cup of oats with some blueberries or raspberries

>Between breakfast and lunch
Piece of fruit, typically a mandarin, kiwi fruit or a banana if I feel like one

>Lunch
Usually just wing it or skip it, when I do get lunch it's probably meat/salad sandwich or a bowl with 1/2 cup rice, 1 boiled egg, 1 mushroom and a couple string beans chopped up with a can of tuna

>Between lunch and dinner
Another piece of fruit

>Dinner
Steamed chicken and veges (Carrot, Mushroom, string beans, broccoli and peas)

Scapula is depressed so.. Yeah.
Macros dont matter when bulking.
You are getting more fats than you need.

If you were cutting you would want much more.

3250 kcal would be a better start if you arent a skelly.
You only gain .5lb/week muscle as a natty, so why eat enough to gain twice that???

what defines lean bulking? Is it just a 200/300 cal surplus?

Can you guys recommend me some websites/books for healthy meal suggestions? I know about fitmencook already, but I was wondering if there was anything else.

My pecs never get sore anymore. I miss it.
What can I do?
I usually do 1-2 chest exercises with 3-5 sets of 5-15 reps. I change it up alot, but no matter if I go heavy or endurance, I don't get sore anymore.
I do flat bench, incline dumbbelsl, flyes, cable flyes, dips (and OHP)

I'm doing a 500 calorie cut with 30/30/40 P/F/C ratio for macroes. I haven't changed anything else, just lift 5 days a week, about 30 mins cardio daily, etc.

Anything I need to do to make my cut successful?

Yea, usually 250kcal surplus.

Food network.
Alton brownis the shit.

Make your cardio anaerobic only.

DOMS is a symptom of an undertrained muscle.
If your pecs still got sore, it would imply chronic under training

Because to make veggies you need to grow veggies, but to make protein, you need to grow veggies, feed them to animals, raise the animals then harvest animal product

>5'9" (176cm)
>144lbs (66kg)
>eating at 2450kcal/day.

Been lifting for close to 6 months and I haven't put on a sliver of muscle.
>inb4 eat moar
Before lifting I cut down from 170ish lbs so my relationship with eating isn't exactly the healthiest.

How do I make gains without returning to fatfuck mode?

What is a post-workout pump and what does it mean?

blood pools in your muscles and makes them look bigger

Ok I don't know what I'm missing but here goes:

Biceps and hamstrings are analogous muscles right? Each flexes the arm or leg.
So why is it that pushing vertically with the legs (squats) is enough to develop hamstrings, but pressing overhead (ie pushing vertically) with the arms doesn't do shit for biceps?

Push: quads, triceps
Pull: hammies, biceps

You got 'em mixed up, man.

No, I get that. My confusion is squatting will work both quads and hamstrings pretty well, but pressing only hits the delts/tris and nothing for bis

Because of reasons, the hamstrings are working in opposition to the quads.

The bicep do not.

Training back is enough for the bicep, though..
P.s. One of the hamstring muscles is called bicep femoris (two heads of the leg) as opposed to bicep brachialis (two heads of the arm)

They do no "look" bigger, they ARE bigger.
The pump is as the autistic user wrote before, is when your muscles are pumped with a lot of extra blood. It kind of feels like a tightening sensation, like your skin is too small for your muscles.
The "post workout" bit is just fill to make it sound cool.

I see that. I just don't get why that is. Oh well

And yeah I only curl like once a week, the rest is pulling work

k thanks i felt my upper middle back working and was wondering if that was how it was supposed to be

Make Sure you are only depressing your scapula, not retracting the scapula.
Think shoulder blades pulled down (in your back pocket) not pulled back

Yea i remember reading why exactly, but it was a little involved,mand i dont really care about lifts i dont do.

quest bars are better niqqa

So is it good when you get this? Does it signal you're doing something right?

thanks, a while ago some fat 'powerlifter' told me to pull my shoulders back. i had someone take a video of my form and my back and everything looked good

i just started deadlifting again, did 295 for 3, could've done more but i didn't want to sacrifice form for reps.

i still need to get the feeling down for my form, when he was videoing i thought my back was rounding but in the video it was very straight. gonna go for 3 plates for a couple reps soon

It is a sign that you use your muscles. The muslces needs oxygen to preform, the more you use it, the more oxygen it needs. The oxygen is transported to your muslces through the blood.

The pump is not a sign of a good workout it self.

because they're not the same, ya git

hammies are a lot more involved in hip extension than biceps are in shoulder movements

I've been on a very severe cut and my face looks great now. However, I feel like even if I eat even a slightly big meal, or alot of carbs, my face fattens up again.

Is it all in my head or is it actually happening? I know your body reacts in big ways to big meals but should it be happening on such a hair trigger?

It's all in your head.
You have body image dysmorphia, and you will never have a sucessful relationship unles you get over your own insecureties.

I got a weird question. Im losing weight. Was 300 now am 250ish

I seem to lose more weight on the right side of my body. My right man titty is smaller. My right arm doesn't have a big fat bulge. It's weird. Not a huge difference but i don't understand it. All my exercises require both sides of my body equally

I am also left side dominant. I even see better with my left eye.

Use a messuring tape. Your mind will fck you over, but the tape does not lie.

This a good split? I added some wrist work, along with skull crushers because the tricep workouts seem to be lacking, but otherwise this seems good.
content.tigerfitness.com/6-day-split-workout/

happy bday hope brodin gives you soo much gainz

Do I have to bulk? Or can I eat at maintenance eat enough protein and expect my body to burn some fat for energy?

Scooby said i can do the latter

It's not in your head.

Dehidration will make your face leaner, water will bloat it.

When you are low bf you can see the difference easily between meals

Thoughts about BTN press?

I think it´s fine if you have the thoracic/shoulder mobility.

Will I fuck up my shoulders?

Sorry for shitty quality

youtube.com/watch?v=smcQCv70xs0

Same old. Ate a lot and smoked too many cigs my throat hurts.

damn, so unless I want to dehydrate myself I need to just live with it.

Is there anything I can do to help it like if I'm going to go on a date or something without dehydrating myself and dealing with frothy spit and all that?

I see what you mean, but I don't think I have dysmorphia.. I've had a hard time making myself care about how I look so I doubt I got to that point so quickly.

Your question doesn't make sense.
You have to bulk if you want more mass, you can't gain mass on maintenance unless you stop training at that time.

If you meant cut, then yes.

You will fuck up your acromion.

It's an unnecessary stress for the shoulders, you can make gains while avoiding it.

How much protein can I have at once? I'm about to have a huge english breakfast with 60 grams protein. Cutting if that makes a difference

Im doing keto. Would i die if i just ate fat? Like can you survive off of just fat?

scooby says you don't have to bulk to gain mass.

he says if you eat at maintenance and eat enough protein you'll gain muscle whilst burning fat

>burning fat
>bulk

choose one

Nigga your body will only build muscle if it has excess energy. Your body will only burn fat if it has an energy deficit.

You can have as much as you want dude.

IF you eat a big breakfast, then eat a small dinner.
It really is not that hard to figure out dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y

bad idea for a tat?