Cardio kills gains

>cardio kills gains
>cardio is a meme
Looks like Veeky Forums was wrong again with their broscience.
Why don't you do cardio again?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17456570
davidgentle.com/ironindex/hack.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is 30 min enough?

cause i don't have bbc genetics

blacks have bettter genetics.

Cause I don't need to run from the cops

Jogging and similar low impact cardio kills gains. Compare marathon runners to sprinters.

>jogging is the same as a marathon
>these are the kinds of retards who give advice on Veeky Forums

You mean higher estrogen?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17456570

They also lift too btw.
And basketball is more than cardio, I know it doesn't look like it but I swear its true.

If you jog at a decent pace then it's not low impact. If you do then you are shooting your gains in the foot because low impact cardio kills gains. I'll also add that long sessions of low impact cardio is even worse.

Why would cardio kill your gains?

have you tried lifting after jogging for too long? It's rough on recovery. It's a bad investment of your time and energy if you're trying to get stronger.

le only testosterone is responsible for muscle growth meme

just lmao if you think these guys are natty

Lifting the day after a long run is not even a problem recovery wise 2 total diffrent energie systems just get your carbs back in...

both the available science and people like boris sheiko disagree with you.

It's not a problem until you try and lift heavy.

>basketball
>cardio
wut

the game only lasts 48min in the first place, and then they take a hundred breaks, rotate players or get penalty time sitting out.

Not everything that involves using your legs for other things than moving barbells up and down is cardio.

Yeah because it is not sport spezific to powerlifting but most other sports need a varying degree of cardiovascular endurance and training will not fuck with your gains as much as you think at least if you are not an elite level powerlifting/weightlifting athlete

That backpedling though...

>confirmed for never having played basketball
Practice, scrimmage, and pickup games are all pretty heavy cardio. Just because it looks 'easy' when you're sitting on the sofa watching the NBA doesn't mean it is.

It compares more favourably to HIIT and sprints than it does to distance running and the Tour de France. "Cardio kills gains" is a slight generalization but the gist of it is that long low impact cardio impairs recovery and is shit for muscle growth and so doesn't make up for it thus if your goal is to get strong it's a bad idea.

That may very well be true, and I wasn't trying to argue against it. The notion that basketball is not cardio is just extremely retarded

Well are you an elite powerlifting athlete (and even most of them do some kind of gpp in the offseason)? If not there is not a point in not doing cardio except lazyness

meh i ran for like 8 years but put cardio on the shelf a few months ago

dunno why, probably a combination of hating my new route (moved states, no hills here... boring af) and wanting to put all of my energy into lifting

I've always heard that cardio within 2-3 hours of lifting is a no-go, but if you jog in the morning and lift at night you'll be fine.

Cardio is fine if you stick to higher intensity shorter sessions.
"Cardio kills gains" is a slight generalization but the gist of it is that long low impact cardio impairs recovery and is shit for muscle growth and so doesn't make up for it thus if your goal is to get strong it's a bad idea.

Sure

I can agree on that more or less but high intensity cardio will fuck with your recovery for lifting weights way more than "long" slow over a moderate mileage just because it uses more of the same energie pathways as lifting weights (imagine squating after 200m repeats or prowler pushes or after a 10k easy jog)
The main problem with long slow cardio is excessiv milage (hence tissue breakdown, cortisol)

>posts pro athletes (PED users)
>who only have a little bit of definition
>one of them is in tears when he gets leg cramps

Am I supposed to be impressed?

>implying wrestling ISN'T the most strenuous sport
>requires more strength
>requires more courage
>requires more physical and mental toughness
>requires more endurance
>pic related is natty

Dem German-Swedish genetics. Umad beta steroid users and """sports""" players?

You recover from HIIT style workouts way faster than from an equivalent longer low impact workout. Long distance running and cycling can kick your ass for days. There's a reason marathon runners don't train for marathons by running the whole distance.

Sprints build muscle in there own right so there's less of an opportunity cost when compared to jogging.

Wow you mean if I do an hour of cardio it will take awhile to recover? Interesting facts brother, thanks for sharing. Previously I trained exclusively by doing half marathons everyday.

Fucking faggot.

scooby says 30 minutes a day
and scooby knows his shit

plus wrestlers get to use steel chairs

Sure if your goal is mainly building muscle lifting/weights. But if you want some endurance over 3000m distance you need some basic aerobic work

>claims cuck genetics
Litteraly nicknamed the Russian Lion
>gtfo eu cuck

you do cardio to get rid of bfat%
you still have to build and tone muscle, good luck doing that with just cardio

Of Swedish and German descent, born in Estonia during the rule of the Russian Empire.
davidgentle.com/ironindex/hack.htm
>implying I'm not Anglo master race

Or to get better at cardio and their sport good luck doing that with just lifting weights

You might know but some of the people in this thread clearly are too stupid to figure it out on their own and need it explained to them.

Waste of time. Im working at a office unlike you neet. Also I dont have a heart disease like you.

Oh we had a cbt who says they did cardio or not. Guess what most that do cardio are dyels or skinny fat fucks. Stay pleb

Cardio doesn't kill gains you ignorant meme lords, it blasts through calories so a ton more must be consumed to fuel growth and lifts. If that's too hard for you autistic pussies then, yeah, I guess cardio does kill gains for some.

>mens health: the post
Summer is real!

Go find out how many calories you burn jogging for an hour and then come back and try again. We'll wait.

You can't possible imply that estrogen helps with muscle growth?

Not the guy you responded too but around 1000 that is not bad..

I do cardio during my bulk run, it just helps me stay lean while eating a lot of food. I bulk at 3000 and my tdee is around 2600 so. I wouldn't mind becoming a bear mode but it's summer time and I do like to keep myself lean.

Not even close. If you were running at a 10 minute mile pace for 1 hour you would burn 600-700 Calories. A jog is more like 400.

source?
Probably depends a lot on weight and distance if i caluclate it i get over 1000 easily

meant you of course

actually it does

and secondly that wasnt even the point i was making

there's a million factors which go into building muscle other than testosterone, saying black people dont have better muscle building genetics because a single study says their testosterone levels are similar to white peoples is fucking dumb

15k on the bike after work out 6 days a week. Takes 30-35 mins.

Pros:

>Good gains / no effect on muscle gains.
>Huge cardio gains.
>Lower water retention.
>Sex stamina gains.
>Have maintained abbs and low body fat since my last cut 2 years ago.
>More vascular especially legs.

Negs:

>I sweat a lot more
>I am in the gym longer

Because I'm a lazy piece of shit.
I keep saying I should go running after my workouts but I never do, like I havent studied for uni in months and keep missing exams

>thinks Veeky Forums knows a goddamn thing about anything
>thinks the sticky isn't noob tier shit for the first six months of lifting for dyels who have never done anything resembling lifting or manual labor

Carido dosnt kill gains its just pointless in regards to looking good =/... saying that large amounts of cardio does kill gains so.. full circle carido kills gains cus you arnt lifting