Brexit

What do you lads think about Brexit? Is it going to push up prices of food making gains more difficult to obtain?

I am seriously concerned lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/finance/city/683003/Brexit-shock-France-overtakes-UK-worlds-fifth-largest-economy-pound-plunges
europa.eu/rapid/press-release_STATEMENT-16-2329_en.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You'd better of voted leave faggot

I hope you're being a retard on purpose.

Voting leave literally fucked Britain forever

Trade will be re negotiated and america have already said they will support us until we restabalize

Seriously fags on here are posting like mad because they have only just taken notice of brexit. Too late fuckers.

Yeah, the lack of chocolate, cakes and extra large clothes in America is breathtaking.

Switzerland and Iceland are going great. The Brittish economy will be just fine in the short term and great in the long run.

Brexit. Encouraging France, Holland and Italy (and Spain?) to hold referendums too. Bringing the EU to its fucking knees. The EU is a force for evil in this world, and the UK has struck the first critical hit. We are on course for a beautiful world in the future without an EU.

is that post for real? That person would be better off filling their pockets with rocks and walking into the atlantic ocean than continuing their pathetic excuse for a life.

>trade will be renegotiated
With new tariffs and taxes that will make no one want to trade with britain

>America will help us

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHA. OH GOD MY CHEST. AMERICA CAN'T EVEN HELP ITSELF AND YOU EXPECT A HANDOUT? OKAY BUDDY

>better of
It's "better have," you illiterate faggot

>nobody will want to trade with one of the biggest markets on the continent

beep beep retard alert

>america c-cant help itself
>still the largest economy in the world
>still the most productive workers per capita
>still saying fuck the free world and bombing inside countries without permission or declaration of war

The UK have absolutely destroyed their markets

Just look at pic related, look at how low it's dropped

forgot to add that all of you stupid euro cucks are about to sign a trade treaty that effectively makes american corporations more powerful than your governments.

>UK on the continent
beep beep retard alert

The leave party of people from britain aren't the brightest of folks

>complaining on facebook because the majority wants something

Sure is millennials up in this bitch.

Go back to Syria

Excellent, looks like a fantastic time to invest when the markets go back up later.

>still thinking it's about the economy
It's about bringing down the European Union.
Some things are more important than money.
Other countries are coming to referendums, too.
The fire rises, brother.

They're not going to recover. FTSE has collapsed completely. Just look the the news, it's all plummeted.

Have we started the fire ?

I don't know, user - in the space of 48 hours, Britain lost it's place as the 5th largest economy in the world to France.

express.co.uk/finance/city/683003/Brexit-shock-France-overtakes-UK-worlds-fifth-largest-economy-pound-plunges

Interesting to see what happens within the space of a year.

>Just look the the news, it's all plummeted.
Sais increasingly nervous merchant.

We will crash the Union with no survivors.

Just means that England has forced Scottish Independence, I don't give a fuck what happens to England after that and I don't care if we can't rejoin the EU easily.
Everyone up here's tired of getting pushed about by the morons in Westminster.

>Well golly gee lad, all these muslims are causing trouble, what should we do
>Why yes of course, stop these damn Poles and Germans from coming here
>Limiting immigration from India and Pakistan you say? That's absolutely retarded

Enjoy having no more free tuition then

Big papa germoney isn't going to pay for all your shite

N-no pls:(

Half of the problem is that most Brits didn't feel like they were truly,part of the EU; the whole thing felt like an us vs them scenario as Brussels were just telling us how shit everything would be rather than how nice everything could be

Such a click bait headline, of couse people are goggling it especially if they are some fucktard that had no opinion either way or voted because "I want to stay in the EU so i can travel on my gap year" or "I hate immigrants"

Anyway crashing this union with no survivors, Ragnarök is coming imperials.

It is the most alpha democratic decision ever made in human history. For our American brothers, this is like electing Trump multiplied by 10.

Not fit related.
You have to add the fact that the pound has lost ~7% (average six months before) to dollar and ~3.5% to euro. GBP is no more relevant than CZK now.

Seriously. There's literally not even a scrap of logic in it.
>hurr durr Denmark is fatphobic because Lego is from there
What?

>1 Czech Republic Koruna equals
0.030 British Pound

I wouldn't go that far lad

Lmao this. Once TTIP goes through they'll have no choice but to choke on American cock all day long.

unfortunately for brits, alpha democratic decision does not imply smart decision

But they wont have to take in hundreds of thousands of pakis now.

>brexit finally happening
>all of the EU bitter because of muh failed experiment
>don't negotiate shit in the coming 2 years because of said bitterness and we actually don't need the UK that much
>they actually find out they do need the EU
>uncertainty for the next two years as nobody is willing to negotiate with the UK, and the UK is unwilling to budge on their views after this 'great victory of democracy', no point in giving up now
>large corporations start leaving the UK because they don't want uncertainty (does anyone?)
>UK will experience a mild depression
>all of the EU will see this, and laugh (except for greece, they had it worse)
>nobody dares leave the EU again because they see the results of this
>even the UK through its electives will somehow come to agree this was a bad idea
>they will try to rejoin the EU
>this process takes years and by the time they'll be back in, the damage of the corporations no longer being in london has already been done
this is the way I predict things to be in the next 2-4 years.

Haha! Worth right?

damn right nigga

Would rather choke on Chad then Hans and Abdul

>don't negotiate shit in the coming 2 years because of said bitterness and we actually don't need the UK that much

Juncker and pretty much every euro leader want us to leave and negotiate ASAP

uncertainty is bad for the whole continent

"We now expect the United Kingdom government to give effect to this decision of the British people as soon as possible, however painful that process may be. Any delay would unnecessarily prolong uncertainty. We have rules to deal with this in an orderly way. Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union sets out the procedure to be followed if a Member State decides to leave the European Union. We stand ready to launch negotiations swiftly with the United Kingdom regarding the terms and conditions of its withdrawal from the European Union." europa.eu/rapid/press-release_STATEMENT-16-2329_en.htm

I mean crashing your econ with no survivors is one way to stop immigration. I guess this was Nigels plan all along.

you're correct that uncertainty is bad for the whole continent, but there is still more certainty in europe than in the UK right now.

>we stand ready to launch negotiations swiftly
I hope you understand that the decisionmaking process in the EU is not something that happens swiftly, even though they want to. The process that will start as soon as UK officials declare they want to leave, according to said article 50, is that they have 2 years before being 'out' of the EU, and in these two years they will have time to renegotiate every single treaty they have with the EU. And I think the bitterness among EU officials and the current surge of nationalism and thus stubbornness in UK officials will clash without much result.

For a recent example of the time negotiations in the EU can take and how ideologies can clash, see the recent emergency fund discussions for greece and how both Varoufakis and Tsipras would be unwilling to accept the EU's terms. This shit dragged on for months, now imagine this not about a single problem, but doing this for multiple important treaties.

I'm not saying it cannot be done, I try to be hopeful, but we've all seen the bureaucratic machine that the EU has become, and it's unlikely something will happen to prevent the course I described.

>But they wont have to take in hundreds of thousands of pakis now.
Except they already took in hundreds of thousands of pakis by now literally since Pakistan was a member of the Commonwealth. So leaving the EU doesn't change much, abdul.

Honestly I'm a bit glad.

The EU is the only way to keep Europe relevant into this century. The reason the EU sucked so bad during Ukraine and Syria was this whole neither-here-nor-there situation. A big reason for this were the British with their luke-warm commitment to staying in the EU but refusing to play by the rules and insisting on special treaties for everything. Now that they're out, the EU can go to something more closely resembling USoE.

Germany is smart, they realize that spreading some of the wealth around now and forcing the less successful nations to step-up their game will maybe result in a bit less money and more resentment now- but will lead to a stronger and more stable market in the long term.

>All these fucking retards talking about the economy.

I voted remain. However people getting into histerics about the drop is such a kneejerk uniformed reaction.

By the way the drop was caused by stock market brokers "betting" on the result and getting it wrong.

This has to be the bait I've ever had to pleasure to lay eyes upon. Or do clogged blood vessels fuck with one's brain this hard?

Pic related is the pound now back above the euro.

Honestly what this result should have caused is a committed approach to "le make britain great" again. Instead of allowing an entire generation to wrongly feel hard done by and hench I expect act like victims for the next 5-10 years.

I have to accept that what I voted for lost. Move on as the economy will.

No more freedom of movement for EU citizens but luckily Pakistan and a bunch of African countries are Commonwealth nations so UK gets immigrants from those countries instead.

>implying she'd need to fill her pockets with rocks

Nice meme, user.

see You mouth breathing retard.

>Pic related is the pound now back above the euro.
Man, GBP lost overt 3.5% of the last six-months average to EUR in one day. Don't attempt to interpret graphs you didn't learn to interpret.

See You mouth breathing retard.

The entire generation already felt hard done by. As does pretty much every young generation. Punks screamed, Gen-X moped, Millenials whine. It's nothing new.

well, france are basically saying if we want to take back our border the it will be at our shoreline. 'The Jungle' at calais will move to the south of england, and france will be laughing their asses off at us

Yes you're correct it did.

What I am saying is that there has already been a turn around. Did you not understand the point I was making?

>By the way the drop was caused by stock market brokers "betting" on the result and getting it wrong.
that's not true though. The drop was caused by the markets responding to the uncertainty of what will now happen in the UK. Yeah some people shorted, but that didn't cause this drop, the shorting is only a fraction of the total movement. Stop talking out of your ass.

There is alwaysna sligjt recovery after a major dip, this is because institutions are liquidating literal billions of pounds of stocks, and this causes greater market movement than if you or I liquidated our holdings

A recovery like this really doesn't mean much, it just meant that the market didn't intend to go that low it just had to to accommodate such high trading volume

>be Scottish
>be told in 2014 'indyref' that the only way to stay in EU is to stay in UK
>decide to stay in UK so that we can stay in EU
>2016 and suddenly England decides 'brexit' and we are kicked out of EU anyway

Heres the map. Yellow is where people voted remain, blue is leave.

Hey can you Veeky Forumstards go back to your squats and weighted dips and stop embarrassing yourselves by discussing politics?

~/pol/

>implying fat is denser than water

sorry scotland. i didn't expect it to come to this either and wanted the union to hold.

get your second freedom ref.
vote out of this shithole.
get back to the EU.
godspeed.

> lego is hard for fat children to play with
this is fake

>lego is hard for fat children to play with
how

Thursday afternoon/Friday turned into the single best day of trading I've ever had. If someone could go ahead and blow up a building in europe next week that would really help me out as well.

What up faggots?

I'm in your UK, sucking up ur benefits still it will be two years at least, if ever, before the exit actually happens. Totheloo!

I work for a UK-based company in states. How fucked am i? It's an international company.

I'm not from the UK but I'm happy that they left so they don't have to keep accepting more refugees in
Sparks some hope for the rest of Europe, and the West

Doesn't matter. The only companies that are shifting people around are ones that do heavy business in europe from out of london offices; they are just moving their people to offices in dublin. It'll take another 2 years to sort out actually leaving, and they will push to maintain the lion's share of their trade agreements, so international trade for UK companies in the long-term will be fine.

Some of the pieces are pretty small
I have to get my gf to help me sometimes when I'm building because my fingers are too big for certain pieces

Right, that makes sense. Thx for the reply breh

>they will push to maintain the lion's share of their trade agreements
The EU isn't under any kind of obligation to grant them that. If the germans decide to go for revenge and make up their losses in China, Brazil etc. Britain is fucked.

The EU doesn't benefit from taking their ball and going home. They're not going to shut down the channel out of spite. Trade agreements aren't a democratic vote, they're administered by specialized trade representatives within the government.

So I'm not a limey, nor do I know much about the economy so most of the arguments in this thread are above my head. Can somebody explain in relatively simple terms if Brexit was a good or bad idea after all?

Only time will tell.

>Most economists say it's a bad idea.

Britain now has to renegotiate trade with the EU but now they don't have any ace up their sleeve and plenty of resentment on the other side. Ironically, Brexit was originally supposed to just be a bluff to pressure the EU into a better deal (along with shutting up the local rednecks) and they got it.

Prices on imports will rise. UK goods will be a lot less competitive in Europe but maybe a bit more competitive in the rest of the world. Research deals with the EU will fall through so the government will need to pump a bit of money into that to keep up in the high-tech department.

Pension funds will be under a lot more strain. Other social funds will be under less strain.

A lot of companies that do a lot of business in the EU will leave. The ones that do their main business in the UK will be able to deregulate.

>Immigration will be affected, but not like most Brits think.

It will be much harder for EU citizen to come to the UK, but immigration from the commonwealth and illegal immigration will be unaffected.

If the UK wanted to clamp down on immigration then they could've done it just as well without Brexit- the UK fully controlled its border even while in the EU.

It depends who you are how you would feel about the Brexit.

In the brexit camp are people that dislike being subjected to EU law which is largely statutory ( the law as it's written to the letter) rather than the long tradition of English common law (the law as it's been commonly applied), and would prefer greater autonomy. The EU started as an economic pact and has been turning into a United States of Europe where the EU acts like a federal gov't restricting the actions of individual nations.

In the remain camp are people that value free movement of goods, services, and people throughout the EU. They value the influence of europe on the UK and the stability of a unifying organizational structure which makes the EU a stronger negotiator on the world stage.

As for now, the market reaction is a correction from bets which expected a remain outcome, and traders are realigning their investments to be in line with an exit. It shouldn't cause a recession. Long-term it will depend on what kind of trade agreements remain between the UK and the EU. The default expectation is that the majority of them will stay intact, but there's also a chance the EU will feel jilted and try to act punitively.

>yfw we'll have our counties back again.

Not British, but I was planning on ordering a bed from England anyway.

When do you think the Pound will be at its lowest compared to the USD?

>/pol/
>discussing politics
Pick one. Most of the posts there are muh jews.

yesterday

Dammit. Guess I should buy asap then.

Can we all just agree that the global economy is very complex and it's impossible to know for sure whether Brexit will be a good thing or a bad thing?

Both ways are very good for certain people

>better of

Typical leave voter.

and anyone else I missed, the person that made this facebook post posted it here in a fat hate thread, they did it as really really obvious satire and were shocked and disgusted when it got as much sympathy as it.
I don't know whether OP missed that thread and took the photo from somewhere else, or just chose it because they're a bit of a maverick, but it's not genuine, and comes from Veeky Forums

My god

>still the most productive workers per capita
Below Luxembourgh, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, Finland, UK, Spain, Italy, Sovak rep., Slovenia, Israel, Greece, Portugal, Hungary, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Switzerland.

Less productive than Greece and you're talking shit.

Thanks for the in depth responses guys. I feel like I kind of know what's happening now.

>the UK
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

From Scotland (and possibly Northern Ireland)

But of course Leave voters didn't consider that their vote would blow up the union. Or they didn't care. Doesn't reflect well on them either way.

There are plenty of investors out there who think it's going to go a lot lower against the dollar.

>ITT: a bunch of basement dwelling NEETs pretend to know how the world works

>after the referendum, other countries will follow to dismantle the EU!
>see, our currency's fine after leaving!