"Burn more calories than you consume"

"Burn more calories than you consume"

Is it really that simple? What are some exceptions to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
youtube.com/watch?v=Vybw1PpO2GY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally none. Now fuck off.

Yes, it really is that simple. The entire supplement industry is built on you not know this simple fact, and they take advantage of you hardcore. It's really shitty imo.

You aren't good with math are you, OP?

Rare metabolic disorders (not muh thyroid)
Eating multiple days worth of food all at once causing your GI tract to push it through faster than normal

You can count the number of people with a metabolic disorder that lived in the last century on one hand, and most people don't consume their week's food all at once. Calories in, calories out holds for enough of the population it's statistically indistinguishable from absolutely everyone.

Edgy m8

Obesity is a gold mine for company's though. I can see why they wouldn't want to ruin it. It's like the cure for cancer. When that shit happens it won't be made available.

What's the best calorie/nutritional value food?

Checked.

And no I'm not. But I don't see how that's relevant.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FATASS AND GET THE GODDAMNED FORK OUT OF YOUR MOUTH
GET YOUR FAT ASS TO THE GYM
STOP BEING A FATASS
READ THE FUCKING STICKY

Not a fatty, saw a similar post on /pol and wanted to ask it here.

But honestly I've been to the gym. I've seen how people are treated. It's not a shock that more overweight people don't go. They are already embarassing. Cunts like you actually contribute to the obesity epidemic.

>What's the best calorie/nutritional value food?

A statement like that is really subject to personal opinion. The most calorically dense food I've ever come across (that is also the cheapest) is the McDouble from Mickey D's

Rice, chicken, broccoli, oats, eggs.

So cheap and healthy that your average burger is disgusted by them.

>be fat
>go to the gym
>sit on a bike doing 10rpm at no resistance for 20 minutes
>why do they judge me waaaa

If fat people are doing a solid fucking effort no one judges them except real cunts who are going to judge literally everyone at the gym

a low-protein diet without any lifting

>What are some exceptions to this?

Lying about it.

that's like 60% of it, another 20% would be to consume high protein, another 10% would be to consume good fats. the remaining 10% is a bunch of bullshit normal people don't even have to worry about, like GI and shit like that.
personally i only worry about my calorie limit and getting enough protein, seems to work. if i feel like having ice cream on a cut i eat that shit. just make sure it's in your limit.

There is literally no exception to it. It's called the first law of thermodynamics.

The "gotcha" is many people aren't fully aware that the "calories you burn" can vary based on the quality of the foods you eat and the types of exercises you do. An additional concern is optimizing the weight loss to be from fat oxidation as much as possible vs breaking down lean mass/muscle tissue, which helps keep you strong, active, and looking good as opposed to becoming a sagging skinnyfat wreck.

For your average fatty who's never touched a weight or put down a fork in his life though, there is literally no simpler way for him to lose weight than to simply EAT LESS, MOVE MORE.

coconut oil

>Cunts like you actually contribute to the obesity epidemic.

Oh what a surprise, another way in which fatties are not responsible for their condishun

If you're an endomorph or have a slow metabolism.

this is not an exception. you just burn less calories than an average human

There is no such things as body types, you either ate too much or too little

Ectomorph scum detected. You guys enjoying life on easy mode?

None, you'll lose weight no matter what.

You'll look like shit though if you eat zogfood

> some exceptions
Lymph diseases where you are a fat fuck but it's all water.

If you're nearing lean and want to maintain after you are lean you can't eat what you want because body composition comes into play more

>inb4 IIFYM

It's basically a fat man's diet

Skinnyfats are created due to bad eating habits so up to a point it's as easy burning more than you consume

No. It's not, because the calories you do consume need to be made up of the right nutrients. I prefer and have lost a fair amount of weight emphasizing protein in general alternating between lean and fattier animal sources to feed my power lifting routine

Burn more calories than you consume!?

Are you insane? You might burn 600 cals top with a good workout in a day.

It is that simple.

The caveat though is that the food industry makes it extremely hard to do so due to misleading branding and misinformation. So despite fit claiming otherwise, the individual person is naturally not entirely to blame for fatness.

What's the consensus on keto?
I've been eating as few carbs as possible. I figured it's also good because of my desk job and I hate counting calories and cardio.

But damn, not being able to have an ice cream, sandwiches, rice & beans, potatoes, pizza, or a nice big bowl of pasta is difficult.

Only works for sedentary people, terrible for people who lift.

Wait, so if I'm sedentary AND lift it's bad?

L M A O
M
A
O

You aren't sedentary if you are lifting.

And yes, it's fucking terrible, you can kiss your gains goodbye if you try it.

>But honestly I've been to the gym. I've seen how people are treated.
clearly not. everyone keeps to themselves at the gym the fat people are just SO insecure they think a general glance in their direction is a judgement

At least I wont be skinnyfat I guess. I'll just be skinny.

>calling someone with superior genetics scum
>"Check your fucking privilege! It's not fair!"

In theory it's that simple.
In practice you should make the calories you consume be worth it, and consume healthy calories full of nutrients rather than processed sugar junk.

Foods with a lot of sugar or refined carbs can make you hungrier, which will make you eat more calories than you actually need. I don't think most people even need to pay attention to calories. If they just avoided soda, sugary cereals and snacks, etc. they would lose weight naturally.

Source: m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

>eggs

You can lose weight on it but it's not a healthy diet. It's like getting skinnier but still being obese on the inside.

I have NEVER seen anybody make fun of ANYBODY at the gym. Stop finding excuses for being unfit.

It's that simple. Our way of calculating the calories in food is broken af however

whats wrong with eggs?

That's not true. Mcburgers are unhealthy but they're still nearly all proteine and carbs.

If you want something really calore dense you need more fat. Cream, butter, dairy in general is calories dense. Eating straight fat too.

>Is it really that simple?
iy just want to lose weight, yes.No exceptions

>exceptions
Dietary fiber. Cellulose, pektins, lignin, stuff like that.
Let's just say, if you eat wood, not much calories will end up usable for your body.

Major source of cholesterol and the saturated fat also adds up. It's not recommended you go beyond 1 egg a day.

>Edgy m8

you're a fag IRL

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
Opinions?

>obese man discusses how not to be obese

Cholesterol is essential to keep your cells healthy. That it's sometimes deposited at wrong places has not much to do with the intake.

The most calorie dense food I've seen is probably bonobon pb
2 tbsps = 29g = 159 kcal
They literally sell 290g cups of it for 5 bucks where I live, that would be 1590kcal for 5 bucks, so it's pretty cheap and great for dirty bulking (it's got a good amount of sugar) because it doesn't fill you at all, you can sneak it into your diet, 1 cup divided in 3 shakes around a single day

>Cholesterol is essential to keep your cells healthy.

Right, but not dietary cholesterol.

How much calories do you guys count that burn while you do an intense workout for 60to70minutes?

300?

Don't have the link handy, but there was a study around 2010 that looked at folks who were 'weight loss resistant despite dieting'. Around 1600 participants, and the findings were 1 person with a valid, previously undiagnosed metabolic disorder. Everyone else was either a) under-reporting their calorie intake, b) over-reporting their calorie expenditure(IIRC b was the bigger factor).

To be fair, a lot of people don't know how to work out. When they see that there's reps, proper form and dietary planning they call it quits because it's too complicated.

>ad hominem

how about

>obese man that thinks sugar molecules are made of fat gives a lecture about what sugar is and how not to be obese

youtube.com/watch?v=Vybw1PpO2GY

>that dirty asshole
Nah I'm good. Thanks though.

Did you even watch the video?

Wew mate