Would it be safe to take 600mg of this three times a week...

Would it be safe to take 600mg of this three times a week? I have pretty bad shin splints and football workouts I can't miss and I've been taking these weekly for the past 2-3 weeks. Any side effects from taking them long term?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dDJdk0j4xnM&t=71m14s
youtube.com/watch?v=dDJdk0j4xnM&t=69m18s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Advil? What is that?

ibuprofen

What's that?

Absolutely not. Ibuprofen builds up in your liver. You're not supposed to take it regularly. Even once a month, Advil will damage your liver in the long term. Tylenol is even worse.

Oh right. Just a painkiller/anti-inflammatory, right?

AFAIK shin splints go away by themselves eventually. Just take the advil as necessary but taper off ASAP

dont talk shit

three times a week is fine, and 600mg is a moderate dose, you can go higher

i used to 1500mg of ibu a day for three months and my liver's doing fine

fight me, faggots

800mg daily for a period of 10 days is fine. You won't experience long term liver damage, or anything like that.

Have you thought about getting new shoes?

That's fine but you're gonna really fuck up your shin splints if you keep training when you should be taking plenty of rest. Trust me I've been unable to run for 3 months before because I was dumb like you and thought I could just work through the pain.

>Hurr guys I gotta be alpha and work through the pain

Tell your coach you have shin splints before you fuck up your legs you moron

Hey, if you think chronic drug use and self prescribing medicine is okay, be my guest. Just because a drug is available over the counter, doesn't mean it's not dangerous and can be eaten like candy.

youtube.com/watch?v=dDJdk0j4xnM&t=71m14s

youtube.com/watch?v=dDJdk0j4xnM&t=69m18s

Indeed. I love tripping on skittles (triple c's)

Long term it fucks up your PH levels in your stomach, I believe. So just use them for a week or 2 and then dump it again.

You can just buy it off the shelf. Don't be such a pussy

You should avoid doing this long term (tylenol is even worse). I had surgery recently and took 5mg vicodin + 400-800mg of Ibuprofen 3-4 times a day for a week. Started to fuck up my GI tract.

fucks up your liver
and you'll start getting heart palpitations . buy turmeric instead

Enjoy an early death.

I had shin splints when I was younger and was running once a week tops. They went away but I was able to rest. I thought of them as basically DOMS for the shins. I have no idea of this is retarded or not but yeah, they go away if you don't overdo it.

>just tell your coach you have shin splints and don't do the workout

T. Someone who wasn't on track and field

You'll be fine as long as you space the doses out through out the day, Ibuprofen does not effect the liver in the same way as Paracetamol/Acetominophen and effects the kidneys more, 200mg 3-4 times a day is a standard dose for pain. 3200mg is generally the dose you shouldn't cross in one day, 800mg is also the max dose you can take at once.

Liver damage isn't really a concern with ibuprofen. You're thinking of acetaminophen (Tylenol).

Bitch I mix advil in with redhots so I can't tell the difference. They all look the same. Good sugar + ulcer rush.

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself.

OP, the only real concern is if you had pre-existing kidney damage, and the potential for gastric ulcers. Ibuprofen does not "build up in your liver". 600 mg 3x a week is pretty tame dose. But as others have said, you should sort out your shin splints. Rest for a week or so, then gradually return to training. See a doctor if you need to.

It is ototoxic. It will damage your hearing.

If your coach is having you run with shin splints, he fucking blows as a coach

I got extensor tendonitis from ignoring shin splints more months. Took me a long time to recover

You can take 800mg daily as long as it is not all in one shot and you're drinking enough water.
No long term side effects, taking anti inflammatory before bed is great for your heart.

You are over training your calves. To fight this you should work on your shin muscles. Walk on your heels with your toes high in the air. This will help with your shin splints. But honestly shin splints are pussy shit. Just man up you faggot

you need to be taking atleast 10000IU of vitamin D3 daily to improve your bone strength , its the only thing that got rid of my shin splints