>legs feel sore as fuck
>constantly tired

Yeah, sure feels great getting fit.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
examine.com/supplements/Marijuana
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that soreness will clear up after a few days

but i mean, long walks isn't really "getting fit".

u obese bruh? go running

>hour long walk

I'm a cyclist and ride at least 150 miles a week and almost never feel sore. What kind of foot wear do you use? Are you over weight?

>long walks
>getting Veeky Forums
toppest of keks

>Obese NEET detected

>falling for the "walking equals working out" meme

One of my personal favorites from fatties

Isn't it working out your heart though?

A lot of people's daily commute can add up to about an hour of walking. I think you will get used to it bro. Unless you are fat of course. There is no hope for you if you are fat just give up.

My legs are sore as fuck, something is clearly working.

Not even, if anything I'm near skeletal. I'm just too autistic to form a workout schedule so I keep fit by doing repetitive shit, IE, walking around aimlessly for an hour.

>inb4 read the sticky

Already did, overwhelms me. Still can't mentally into scheduling. But I'm no fatass. Hell I eat once a day maybe.

Unless you are 500 pounds, you are not walking fast enough to get your heart rate above resting.

It's no different then lying down for most people

Invest in excellent footwear and try to walk on grass as much as possible - slightly more resistance and easier underfoot.

You'll make it. We're all gonna make it

>My legs are sore as fuck

That is not an indicator of your health status. If anything, it just means you didn't stretch and are releasing lactic acid. You could get the same thing from a massage

>been walking 1 hour each day, for 2 years now
>legs doing great
>only when I walk 2 hours or more each day they give me a hint of pain

Neat

>not obese
>gets sore from walking 1 hour
dude you have seriously health problems. this is something we'd expect from someone who has to carry an extra 300 lbs around or something. even lazy neets can walk that much going from class to class if they're at university. even when i was anorexic eating 500 cal a day and watching my body eat itself, I could walk for way longer than that and with the weight of groceries without getting sore.

>lactic acid

So stretching will reduce this from being released I assume. Will do this next time.

If it means anything where I walk there's a bit of a hill. So I'm walking up a hill for a little while.

What's a good rule of thumb for that? Are you walking hard enough if you notice yourself sweating?

Figure out your fitness goals. Read the sticky and put in the work if you really want it enough. Sounds like weak ass excuses to me. Enjoy your skeletal gains walking everyday otherwise.

A run an hour a day pussiboii

>employ a shitty methodology
>hurr why is fitness so shitty?
It really isnt.
Do like 15 minutes of anaerobic cardio (burpees till your heart explodes, motherfucker) and get the same results

Like 7 sets of 2 minutes high intensity (seriosuly, as intense as fucking possible. Your energy demands should far exceed what you can aerobically provide)
Rest like 6 minutes between sets, so you can repeat the INTENSITY

If you want you could break it into two workouts 3 sets in morning 4 sets at night.

This will greatly affect gene expression and nutrient partioning, as well as
-produce less cortisol (well maybe not, walking is pretty good for low cortisol cardio, but still probably maybe)
-elevate gh and test (this is for sure true, but they drop as soon as you spike your insulin.)

I reccomend doing HIIT after eating your last meal, as well as in the morning in a fasted state, right before you eat (this way you are replenishing your glycogen. The cardio at night has the glycogen replenished from fat oxidization, but nutrient partioning the carbs into muscle instead of fat is just as important for body composition as burning fat you already have stored. No sense only burning fat, if you replenish it back. Programs the body to get in the """"habit"""" of replenishing fat reserves vis-a-vis gene expression and nutrient partitioning)

>2 minutes

user...HIIT is always less than 1 minute... Beyond that its cortisol town.

Sweat just means you are overheated. Check your heart rate. I'm telling you, it's going to be near impossible to get it up just walking.

>shitty methodology

Well, yeah. My workouts are centered around keeping my autism at bay.

As I mentioned earlier, I eat once a day. Maybe there's something nutritional I could be doing. Sometimes I take spoonfuls of olive oil as an attempt at supplementation.

>cortisol

Oh yeah, that's another thing. I flip the fuck out when under stress. If anything the walking has been something to channel my sperginess into so as to prevent myself from acting like an ass.

>HIIT

I'll look deeper into this.

Post pic for diagnosis.

Why the fuck would you drink OLIVE OIL instead of fish oil or, hey, maybe something actually nutritious?

Fucking retard.

>Fucking retard

kek I mentioned I had the spergs at least three times now. The fuck do you expect?

Spoonfuls of olive oil while trying to lose weight. What?

You must be really really unhealthy

You're not getting fit user, also go do some bloodwork

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

Forgot to mention.... If you have access to weights, it really is preferable to use tem for cardio.

While you can get anaerobic with push ups and squat hops and inverted rows.... It generally is easier to get anaerobic by adding just a little bit of of babyweight, and doing high rep weighted movementd with proper form (i.e. Dumbbell or barbell complexes, or literally any kettlebell workout ever, 99% of which you can do wit dumbbells)

Rather than focusing so hard on actively exerting yourself to reach anaerobic states through
I N T E N S I T Y

You just add babyweight, and the intensity comes naturally through trying to get the prescribed reps (not intense enough? Add more weight. Can't complete the reps or last for the prescribed time? Take a bit of weight off)

I find it much easier (psychologically) than pushing myself as hard as i fucking can when sprinting or whatever.

But squat hops and push ups and inverted row are decent because you can just add more reps, and keep the time limit the same

You can't do that with more ambiguous cardio like sprinting

My bad, as you can tell, my HIIT skills are weak without a barbell. And here i thought i was a pussy for not hitting long enough times.

>hungry skellington walks himself to death

Thid can be called many things.
An approach to fitness is not one of those things

> My workouts are centered around keeping my autism at bay

How can you expect results if you arent even trying user?

Start lifting.
9 meals a day, C'MON!!!
Walk less

> lactic acid has anything to do with soreness
8/10 troll

Because I fucking hate trying and will take the easy way out of anything.

If I am able to find a method that curbs my autist symptoms significantly, to the point where functioning is able to be done at least somewhat normally, I will put in more effort to actually form a workout.

But so far nothing has stopped me from sperging out at the thought of forming schedules. Hence, repetitive cardio it is. I'll probably at the very least toss pushups or get two 20 lb barbells.

Its okay, I am also only starting right now with HIIT, I was about to plan them out literally for tomorrow and it does seem like the websites mention below 1 minute. I am an experienced runner, been running for a year now. So I have some feeling of what could be right. It doesnt seem like above 1 minute will be very good for the cortisol. Though some of the websites mention that for beginners, HIIT means a bit longer of a duration.

I was looking for a runners thread today but I didnt saw one, so I didnt get to ask that...almost forgot about it.

toss in pushups and barbells*, to, at the very least, integrate non-cardio exercise.

you could walk all day long and maybe get fit.

I spend 6-10 hours on my feet carrying shit around 5 days out of the week and I work with some fat fucks who do the same.

the body is meant to be moving around all day every day. That's the baseline. If you're not running and jumping and lifting heavy shit on top of that you might as well be a couch potato fatty fat mc fat fat

>cortisol
>stress

you know how active dog breeds will get extremely neurotic and stressed if they don't get enough exercise? Same thing applies to people.

For sure eat and lift, though

exercise to be point of breaking increases cortisol. Long distance running especially does that. Its stress to your body. As your body tries to focus on the damage that it was done to it, it produces the stress hormone so that more of the attention is put to the problem. Away from delicious testosterone.

Yea, I am in the minority here but I use the running as a means to increase my lifts. I dont even do the pansy low quality running. I run in competitions, in a sports club just for runners, with the whole smeghbang, 5km just below 19min now. Resting heart rate sometimes below 50 now.

Its pretty great, but I am trying to avoid the longer distance runs for my test. Keeping myself to 5km, which already puts my body under some stress.

Still, id rather I lose some gainz so that I dont become a fat, huge, lumbering fleshbound abomination and can be somewhat mobile.

>increase my lifts
Kek
Post these increased lifts.

Just speculation but theoretically, better blood circulation, better access to oxidation should translate in better efficiency in lifts.

Read the article.
Running is a bad way to stay lean.
It literally increases gene expression for fat retention.

If you want to be sub 10%
You lift 3x a week
Walk 30 min a day
Do 5-10 mins HIIT 3-5x a week
And eat an appropriate amount of carbs, fats, and protein.

That is literally it.

Just read eric helms or lyle mcdonald or anyone with shredded abs and a degree or four

Bodyweight exercises are free :)

which article?

........ I feel like the gains killing cortisol more than negates that effect.

Just build a tremendous tolerance to hash oil (helps if you manufacture hash oil), and consume some in between everyset.

The vasodilation (same reason your eyes get red) brings lots of blood to the muscles, and pretty consistently adds 5lb to my upper body lifts, and like 10-15 to my hip thrust and deadlift

First thing in the post

>on my feet every day at work
>sometimes get up early to optionally walk to work
>even after leg day
>when i run errands i try and walk everywhere
>even in 115 degrees F weather to save gas
>only get tired when i'm home, after dinner
>sometimes on my feet from waking up to right before i go to bed.

you disgust me.

...and ineffective as fuck.

$250 got me a (shockingly) decent oly bar, 385lb of weight, and that is all you need for most programs, if you replace squat with hip thrust.

It's called 'trying', you stupid shitfuck. everyone has to go through this and you're not going to get anywhere if you don't try. Stop self diagnosing and making excuses. Get to work fixing yourself you lazy piece of shit.

Neat, nice article and I already was leaning towards it, kinda knew about it. Still, some of the benefits like the resting heart rate are pretty neat magic numbers.

Still though, the regime that I am in easily allows me to tone it down a bit. Perhaps il do it.

examine.com/supplements/Marijuana

compared to garlic, its roughly the same. There are even better things for blood circulation, but a lot of them dont really have reliable research things attached to them.

>hurr just do it

Eat shit.

yes, it is bad to break yourself, thank you captain obvious.

>it's no different then lying down for most people
So you're telling me, that moving does not increase my heart rate at all?

>getting tired from walking
You must be an irredeemable fat fuck.

stfu stupid jellyfish

You eat shit. If your excuse for not doing things properly is "I hate trying" then you're on the same level as every fat Fuck autist and tumblrina we mock here daily.

he's exaggerating. it's what people do you fucking autist. go for a run.

Hey Normie McNormalfag, not everyone is able to just try with as much ease as you, you delusional fuck. If all you have to say is HURR SUCK IT UP AND TRY, then yes, eat shit. It's non advice and you fucking know it.

Hey man, I'm just saying that if you wanna walk to get some exercise in? It's fucking better than nothing. Fucking comparing it to lying down and doing jack shit is fucking ridiculous, especially if the dude is walking for an hour.

No, because I used to delude myself just like you, until I realized that no one actually enjoys hard work. They do it anyway.

walking for an hour is nothing and you might as well be laying on a couch eating cheetos while you slowly turn to jelly. sack up baby boy, it's not supposed to be easy.

>the sticky overwhelms you mentally
Then you are honestly too pathetic to live.

I prefer biking, now that it's summer I go out and bike around 30 miles on average a day, mostly because I want to improve my heart rate and also because I hate running

>been taking hour long walks everyday
>getting fit
alright bitch boy

My glutes actually do look more defined from walking often.

>tfw feet are sore from jogging for two days
JUST

sure they do bud

You jelly that slowly walking has given me a juicy ass?

sure bud, sure

Serious question.

Is OP stupid for thinking walking an hour a day is exercise, or for thinking it'll get him fit?

I walk about two hours a day (50mins each way to and from work) x5 times a week but don't do any other forms of exercise frequently enough to count.

I'm counting calories as well to lose weight, but is the walking really doing nothing for me besides providing me with a nice moment of peace before working my shitty job? Does it have no benefits?

If you think walking is a difficult task you might as well give up m8, you're not meant to make it

>t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

"Once this physiological state is reached, it becomes impossible to lose any more fat no matter how many calories you cut or how much aerobic work you try and add."

Dropped

You're in terrible shape, so no shit you're not going to enjoy physical activity. As you get into better shape it gets more fun.

>My glutes actually do look more defined from walking often.
>glutes=fit
alright bud

can't wait for summer to end

It burns calories, but it doesn't give you any cardiovascular gains. It makes you lose weight which may be considered "healthy".
Also I guess it's good for your lower body to move around so it doesn't tighten up as bad if you sit all day.

>I walk about two hours a day
why don't you bike?

Ok, thank you, that's helpful. At this moment, weight loss is my primary concern, and from there I have fitness goals where I'll try to take lifting and running more seriously.

See, OP, Veeky Forums is helpful if you aren't an autist

I'm scared of the roads ;-;
I've had two friends seriously injure themselves riding bikes in my city and I'm not originally from a big city like this so I'm a nervous fag about bikes.

ive heard its not so great for your joints when youre obese,walking,swimming or elliptical is better

if you walk 45 minutes or more, continuously, then your body will start producing enzymes that will mobilize fat for energy.

Is this what is considered the "fat burning zone", mobilizing fat for energy?

Fuck, I'm retarded, I knew it all along.

>select all the food
Trying not to desu

find a bike lane then

Not a fitizen but certainly a light jog with 30 -50 lbs for 4 miles counts for something right?

Can a /k/ommando get some fucking help?

Brate do anything and you'll loose weight. Stalling and asking too many questions is why people don't progress. It's all about challenging yourself

It's not really to lose weight just to keep daily cardio going and ruck March familiarity

That means it's working.

Today I realized most of my girl friends are whores and the only people i can trust are my male friends.

I thought the women meme was just that, a meme. When will the ride end Veeky Forums?

Sup lads had a 9 hour workout in work today. Boss told me to take breaks in between walking reps though. Felt like I could keep going

Not OP but I can't go to bed til I've walked my dog around the neighborhood for a while. It's so cozy

Wow

I can't even imagine not walking for at least an hour every day just to get places

My neet friends and I did a 19 hour walk the other day. We do fuck all as well. Are you literally made of paper OP

>been taking 3-4 hour long naps every day
>constantly tired

I remember the first time I got a fitbit and I was struggling to get 8000 steps a day.

Now 18000 is my minimum and I walk for an hour to and from work every day while listening to podcasts and audiobooks.

Feels good man

If you wanna fuck up your joints, sure.

>podcasts and audiobooks.
Got any good ones? I'm running out of stuff to listen to at work.

Let me guess, you're fat as fuck and didn't spend any time at all doing research before you decided to get "fit". I bet you think you need to eat nothing but salads to lose weight, too.