According to symmetricstrength.com, 1/2/3/4pl8 x 5 is very disportionate especially The Press...

According to symmetricstrength.com, 1/2/3/4pl8 x 5 is very disportionate especially The Press. What is a more portionate goal? I put 200 lbs in at bodyweight if that makes a difference.

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/about
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Its like 1/2/2.5/3.5 to make it actually balanced

It's still not balanced.

Bump.

Aim as high as you can user, do you plan to quit after hitting your goal? It depends on your body proportions and shit, 1/23/4 is pretty good to aim for because it sounds nice and round, but these aren't supposed to be your peak numbers. Enjoy the road, not only the finish.

That's a good point. But I squat 165 x 5 and bench 180 x 5. I'm trying to have balanced proportions.

That's pretty close though, within 10%.

>x5
Lol another SS sucker

Then there's something wrong with your squat - work on that (form probably), but don't neglect the rest of your body to "catch up". Train everything appropriately and the proportions will fall in their places on their own.

It's jumping up now though. Yeah I was wondering if it would be worth doing the same weights over and over for my bench for it to catch up but probably wouldn't unless I got injured.

Also symmetric strength calculated those proportions for paused bench, take that into account.

this, kek. fucking DYELs

>paused bench
Where does it say that? Not paused squats right?

i the press 1pl8x4
and bench 200x6
symmetric strength says my bench is stronger

Here's a perfectly "symmetric goal".

140/215/290/335

Which means you should have...

0.65 OHP/ Pause bench ratio
0.75 Bench/ Squat ratio
0.85 Squat/ Deadlift ratio

Starting from 1 plate OHP that's...

1/1.5/2/2.3

But this isn't exactly accurate as bench =/= pause bench. So the OHP/bench ratio should be smaller for tng

1.5/2/3/4 is closer.

If you lower the OHP/bench to 0.5 (as it is in 1/2/3/4), then the goal is

1/2/2.5/3

which is pretty close to what said

Staying within 10%!?!?! C'MON?!

I still don't want to just wait for the rest to catch up though to make it even. Just a neat site.

No, only paused bench.

symmetricstrength.com/about -> scroll down for "lifts and proper form"

So it doesn't say then.

Cool thanks for playing.