How can I actually lose weight with protein shakes? Any good brand? Do I really need to have 2 a day to have it work...

How can I actually lose weight with protein shakes? Any good brand? Do I really need to have 2 a day to have it work? Can I go hardcore mode and make it go faster?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/liquid-calories-do-smoothies-lead-to-weight-gain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you add it into a diet of a calories deficit

Consume less calories, you muffin.

dont listen to the trolls drink 3 scoops of vanilla flavour whey for optimal weight loss

Depends on what type of protein, bro.

WPI has 20% buff to fat loss, where as WPC is only 10% buff to fat loss. You could get Hydro-WPI (really expensive) but it has 35%+ buff to fat loss.

I understand this part, I mean to what extent to shakes actually help? Is it really better than just trying to eat less? You guys belong on /b/ with these kind of responses.

4 scoops

CMON

eat less calories, not eat less
like you can chow down on broccoli til you puke

> eat less calories
Sorry I lacked the modifier there. And I know I could chow on celery or some veggies all day, but I don't want that all day. I know shakes are a big thing and a big fatass my friend knows is going on an all shake diet to save himself, so how can I do that? It just seems like the simplest thing if you know what you are doing.

>How can I actually lose weight with protein shakes?
yes

>Do I really need to have 2 a day to have it work?
no

the reason they work is that you use them to REPLACE meals, and the high protein content keeps you full for longer despite eating less calories

it is basically all about cals in/ cals out. get a deficit of around 20%, more if you have a high bf, go lower if you have a low bf.
options:
-work out, increase the cals you need but eat the same amount of cals
-just reduce the cals
-both, eat a bit more, but get a deficit with a workout.

protein your body needs depends on your weight. i suggest getting around 1.5-2g per amount of lean body mass.

Protein shakes replace meals. They don't help you lose weight. The only way they affect your diet is by altering your macro ratios. If you want to lose weight, cut your calories.

>tfw poor and can only afford 10% fatloss buff

theyre supplements like drugs and should never be used to replace actual food completely

Would trying to do 3/day and cutting a fuck ton be bad for me or nah? And how much flavor can one get in these things without ruining the purpose of them cutting calories?

think about this logically.

how could eating more help you lose weight?

If it fits your macros you retarded fuckboi.

3 is too much desu.

>replacing a meal = replace actual food completely
thanks for your input

You eat celery which has negative calories, you fuck wit. I swear, only about half of you guys avoid the 'dumb jock' stereotype, but given that you're on here I know there is no way you are capitalizing on it by getting a lot of girls.

Holy shit OP you are so clueless about weight loss and protein shakes its adorable.
Im not gonna give you advice other than thats not how it fucking works.

but what if he took 7 shakes a day?
surely he'd lose weight faster

> gives no info
> hurr durr, clueless
Okay fuckwit.
Nothing said in the OP suggested he was that lost, you samefag. Go back to /b/.

Like everyone else has said the only way to lose weight is just to alter your calories in/ calories out ratio. If you burn more calories than you take in you will lose weight.

That being said, there can be a benefit of losing weight by going on a high fat and protein diet with essentially no carb intake. This was popularized about a decade and a half ago as the Atkins diet.

The normal process for your body producing energy is first it burns the glucose in the blood stream. If glucose drops below a certain level it gets more by turning glycogen stored in the liver into glucose then burning that. If glycogen in the liver is depleted then your body starts burning fat stores and proteins for energy..

When this happens your body enters what is called ketosis. When your body is in ketosis it burns calories at a less efficient rate. It is easy for your body to burn glucose in the blood, it is easy for your body to burn glycogen stored in the liver, it is easy for your body to turn glucose in the blood into glycogen. It is more difficult for your body to burn stored fats and proteins.

However, this will only help marginally. It may "add" 100-200 more calories a day that your burn by altering your diet in this manner.

Again, the most effective way to lose weight is diet/portion control and ensuring calories in is less than calories out. It is a lot less time consuming to not eat that doughnut than spend over an hour of cardio trying to burn it off.

You have no right to call anyone a dumb jock here seeing how you have 0 knowledge in weightloss and think chugging down protein shakes will make you skinny.
I have news for you, fatty, thats never gonna work.
You want info? Read the fucking sticky. It has no info on your specific question(because its rerarded) but it will teach you how to lose weight. Also try using your brain just a bit.

I knew that cardio wasn't enough to help, and I get calories in/calories out, but thank you for giving more specifics and trying to explain better.

> you want info? read something that lacks what you are looking for!
Genius right here folks!
> thinks chugging shakes will make you skinny
Never said that, just asked how much drinking them instead of eating shit can help. Or are you too ignorant to know how diets work? I literally know a guy losing a shit ton of weight because he's doing shakes instead of eating like a fat fuck. I do have every right to call you a dumb jock because as you just demonstrated, reading is too fucking hard for you but you insist on slamming your hands on the keyboard anyway. You're one of only a few people sperging out.

the key phrase here is "instead of eating like a fat fuck".

the shakes help you manage your appetite, so you don't pig out.
they DO NOT burn fat.

Just use protein shakes to hit your protein macro and stay at a caloric deficit, just like everyone else has been saying. Jesus you're retarded

do the math!
it depends on how much protein you need. there is no sense in getting more than you need.

Exactly. I just don't wanna be hungry.
Never said this was wrong. You are the guys who are too dumb to read and keep sperging out because: "HURR DURR, OP THINKS SHAKES JUST MAKE YOU THIN AUTOMATICALLY, HURR DURR. GOSH OP, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?"

Seriously, some people responded on here helpfully like this guy.
Some of you guys are just spergs hoping that being on this board makes you better than /r9k/ (and I mean, it does, but still).

OP never said that was wrong, he was just asking about how effective it was. Guys, just calm down.
You calm down too.

What you are looking for is there. Which is weightloss.
Your specific question is retarded. Just forget about it and read the sticky.
And im not ignorant id rather just not spoonfeed some fatty.
Whoever the fat fuck is he probably isnt losing weight due to shakes.

He is, because he only does that and doesn't do much else. I was asking about how bad that was. But you felt the need to sperg out.
> which is weightloss
I get calories in/calories out. I'm not Tumblr, and I get that it is mostly diet, and exercise is smaller for fat burning and more for gains. Again, not Tumblr.
> specific question is retarded
Part of it was just which shakes were better than others. Which somebody answered because they aren't a sperg.
> spoonfeed some fatty
Hey, it's a son's responsibility to take care of his mother when she grows old.

Now that im think of it ive been being a bit of a cunt. Im sorry.

It's alright. Honestly, given that it's Veeky Forums, an apology is really nice. I mean, obviously I don't understand the weightloss too well if I'm looking for info on it, I just wasn't as bad as some on this thread acted like.

Funny thing is I'm not fat, I just don't want to even get there. I'm technically not even overweight yet, I just really don't want to be the stereotypical American fatty. And my close are back from when I was really thin so I wanna drop like 20 lbs.

Ill actually give you advice now.
Will rellacing a meal or two work? Yes but it will have its downsides.
1. You wont be getting the vitamins and nutrients like you would from a meal which is why this can be dangerous if you replace every meal.
2. You wouldnt get the enjoymemt of eating real food which is actually more filling than protein shakes.

Oh, and for the guy losing weight with shakes, he is literally only drinking those, like 3 a day, maybe 4 because he is a big guy, but he was like 300 lbs and 5'6 so he had to go hardcore mode and isn't even eating normal food right now. He just drinks a bit to not be hungry and that is like, all his calories for the day.

You fucking mong, he's saying don't drink a shake along with meal.
Not, just drink shakes all day.

> vitamins and nutrients
So just make snacks more fruit/veggies? I work at a university and the cafeteria food is mostly shit but they do have salads and fruits, which I have been eating a little bit.
> enjoyment of real food
Again, college guy, so most food that is easily accessible is kinda shit anyway. I mean, I buy my own food and cook it, but I work far away from my apartment that for lunch I either have to bring something like a sandwich/microwaveable stuff or eat the cafeteria food, which, like I said, mostly shitty.

I mean, I've stopped gaining weight after cutting out most soda I would ever drink and just resisting some tempting foods, but I feel hungry a lot. I do some working out but I realize that really doesn't do the work on its own, and even if it did, I don't work out enough to do it.

dont be a complete moron.
nutritionfacts.org/video/liquid-calories-do-smoothies-lead-to-weight-gain/

So eat slowly.

Why are people still responding to this retarded dumbfuck OP?sage

Somebody is mad.